News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Kano Trade Fair Complex

Started by alhaji_aminu, February 25, 2008, 07:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alhaji_aminu

HI all,

Just read a news report in the Guardian saying that a certain "Alpine Investment" got a concession from the KNSG to develop the hopelessly underutilized Kano trade fair grounds into a world class retail, hospitality and entertainment resort. Indeed, its said they promiesd to inject $100 m over the years to build up the place.

Is this for real or is it the kind of hot air we hear from gwamnati?

If its real, then it will represent the largest investment in Kano for as long as I can remember. I have no doubt that with the huge population we have in the Kano and the the perfect location of the grounds, Alpine should break even in the not distant future. Our saurayi da budurwa culture will make the movie theaters, malls and high end shops money spinners for the developers.

Some of us have witnessed what happened in Lekki with the establishment of the PALMS project, how it totally revolutionized the shopping experience of the many middle class lagosians. I hope its actually going to happen and indeed ppl shud start thinking of how best to leverage this development for their own personal gains.

I already have a couple of good ideas, but i wunt say them here b4 someone takes them as his/her own and leave me with nothing!

Cheers

gogannaka

LOL
This is a good development. The trade fair complex has been quite useless.
The annual trade fair is no longer patronised.It is more of a market than trade and exhibition fair.
I hope as Alh Aminu said it is not a white elephant project.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: alhaji_aminu on February 25, 2008, 07:16:05 PM

Just read a news report in the Guardian saying that a certain "Alpine Investment" got a concession from the KNSG to develop the hopelessly underutilized Kano trade fair grounds into a world class retail, hospitality and entertainment resort. Indeed, its said they promiesd to inject $100 m over the years to build up the place.

Is this for real or is it the kind of hot air we hear from gwamnati?

Well i hope it is, do you remember the reconstruction of the walls of kano project heavily financed by the Germans, how far has it gone? Just a Stone throw from Kofar Danagundi, and the rest of the capital has been looted, i hope this Alpine project miraculously skipps the same treatment. If not then am sorry.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc