News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Ruling on using a shoe as a sutrah

Started by bamalli, November 06, 2008, 12:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamalli

What is the ruling on using a shoe as a sutrah?.

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with that, unless there is any najaasah (impurity) or dirt on it, in which case it should not be used as a sutrah because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade spitting in front of oneself. But if there is no visible dirt or najaasah on it, then there is nothing wrong with using it as a sutrah. End quote.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn 'Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him).

Liqaa'aat al-Baab al-Maftooh (3/522)

Hafsy_Lady

I REALLY REALLY REALLY dont understand this. Using shoe as sutra? In what respect is that? As in walking with them or just wearing footwear to complete to sutra you are wearing or to protect your feet outside?

Please I need clarifications on this. Kaman yaya? Wai ayi sallah da takalmi ko a ciga wajen idabah da takalmi as long as its free from impurity? Kaman bedroom slip ons? Is that what it is about? I dont understand.

Kindly, explain further.
What you see is what you get[/b]

bakangizo

I guess he's talking about the what you put in front of you when praying in an open space. It is a spiritual protection against people walking across you/in front of you while praying, which is prohibited.

bamalli

Salam,that's right Bakan_Gizo :).And that is d meaning of 'sutra'

MySeLf

Is still confusing guys,..... Don't know where Bamalli got that Article from, I would have follow and get more
clarification as he doesn't always explain his post..

I have seen some guys praying with their shoes on in parks etc, so I don't know classing shoes as sutra is
referring to such action or putting it in ur front as BGizo suggest...  ???
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

gogannaka

It refers to placing your shoe in front of you so that it acts as sutrah,like boundary.

I learnt that if nothing is available for sutrah you can even draw a line and t would be sufficient.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

bakangizo

neozizo

Some are of the opinion that a sutra has to have a minimun length (that of a spear, about 3/4s of a metre).
Obviously a shoe cant be that long.
Pleas can anyone shed more light on this?

Also what is one to do when you want to entre the mosque and lots of people are saying nawafil by the door or along the way without any sutras?