News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

REPLY TO PROF. RUQAYYAH AHMED RUFAI OVER THE RECRUITMENT OF FOREIGN PROFESSORS

Started by Nuruddeen, March 30, 2009, 03:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

figorms

Quote from: gogannaka on March 30, 2009, 10:06:21 PM
Nura,knowledge is broad. Almost all the universities in the world have foreigners teaching in them.
There is absolutely no harm if foreign professors are invited to teach in Jigawa or anywhere in Nigeria.
Do you really believe all those Jigawa professors(i think u listed the whole of them) you listed could agree to teach in polytechnics?

When i read the article honestly it seemed to me you just wanted to list the Professors Jigawa state had and your familiarization or friendship with them but gaskiya your argument is weak.

hay man i would not agree wit u on this because this is how Nigerian money is been wasted, why rely on somebody when u can actually become him and even better?
at u see is wat u get........................RMS

Suleman

And our dear Prof has now been made the Education Minister. I can only hope and pray that Allah guides her to give her very best in this capacity.

IBB

Quote from: gogannaka on March 30, 2009, 10:06:21 PM
Nura,knowledge is broad. Almost all the universities in the world have foreigners teaching in them.
There is absolutely no harm if foreign professors are invited to teach in Jigawa or anywhere in Nigeria.
Do you really believe all those Jigawa professors(i think u listed the whole of them) you listed could agree to teach in polytechnics?

When i read the article honestly it seemed to me you just wanted to list the Professors Jigawa state had and your familiarization or friendship with them but gaskiya your argument is weak.

Quote from: Lawwali on April 19, 2009, 04:14:03 PM
HMMMM Nura kenan,

I found your reply disgusting, embarassing and indeed shameful. Please reconsider your opinion and make a thorough study of what is a polytechnic and what are the motives and cardinal principles upon which they are founded.
You also need to know what is plagiarism.
You also need to choose what are you a journalist, a QS or a public commentator who opinned even if it is unnecessary.
These are advice for your own good.
Thanxx

I agree with u 100% GGNK so also Lawalli.
IHS

ummutameem

well this is interesting, if bulky, i hate lenthy arguments, just hit d nail on d head, dont write a text book.

this is a good place for me to come in as an indigene of jigawa state, who schooled in jigawa.

has anyone of u schooled in jigawa, does anyone have a first hand experience of what it means to go to school in jigawa????????

i honestly could not pick it from ur lengthy comments.

well let me answer dis question- 'is prof. ruqayyah right in saying we can use foreign help? YES ABSOLUTELY!

do we need to better our foundation ie better standard at the primary level? OF COURSE

Jigawa is in serious trouble, we need solution to this education backwardness, n i commend gov. sule lamido for the massive scholarship program he has introduced(??).

in my village, under auyo lg, my dad is d first graduate(1974), followed by me(2001), then my sis (2009)

Imagine that!!!!

gogannaka

Quote from: ummutameem on May 13, 2010, 08:02:36 PM
well this is interesting, if bulky, i hate lenthy arguments, just hit d nail on d head, dont write a text book.

this is a good place for me to come in as an indigene of jigawa state, who schooled in jigawa.

has anyone of u schooled in jigawa, does anyone have a first hand experience of what it means to go to school in jigawa????????

i honestly could not pick it from ur lengthy comments.

well let me answer dis question- 'is prof. ruqayyah right in saying we can use foreign help? YES ABSOLUTELY!

do we need to better our foundation ie better standard at the primary level? OF COURSE

Jigawa is in serious trouble, we need solution to this education backwardness, n i commend gov. sule lamido for the massive scholarship program he has introduced(??).

in my village, under auyo lg, my dad is d first graduate(1974), followed by me(2001), then my sis (2009)

Imagine that!!!!

WOW  :o
It is quite sad.
Without education (boko) the state of poverty will just keep getting worse.
Lokaci yayi da za'a rinka forcing iyaye su tura 'ya'yan su makaranta.
Wannan rashin cigaba har ina.....
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

ummutameem

it is sad, dats y i feel we can use all d help we can get, no need to be choosy now, let us do d shakara when weve achieved smthing substantial at least.

and u know wat its not only (boko) dat is lacking, basic islamic knowledge is also backwards.

all those stories u hear about villagers n their brand of islam r mostly true!

we need to do something!!!!!!

Muhsin

Quote from: ummutameem on May 13, 2010, 08:02:36 PM

Imagine that!!!!

Saboda Allah!!! I am speechless.  :-X
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

ummutameem

im dead serious, n i think there are worst villages around, it is really sad. too bad we have leasders with little conscience, it takes just a little effort on the part of the govt to remedy or atleast alleviate a lot of the issues. Allah ya taimaka mana, ameen.

gogannaka

UmmuT,
Idan akwai laifin gwamnati to akwai laifin iyaye ma.
Har yaushe iyaye zasu gane cewa ilimin addini da na zamani yana da matukar amfani ga alummar mu.

I still believe the children should be forced.
I went to Kano recently and my elder brother was telling me of a person that used to abuse them whenever they passed his house to go to school,saying suna zuwa makarantar dagutu/arna.
Har yanzu the person still abuses the western education and does not send his wards to school.
He is now a pity in the area. Ba gaba ba baya.

I also believe in using teachers from other parts of the country especially those that cannot speak hausa to teach the students.
It makes the knowledge broader and the children will be able to at least speak and understand English fluently.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

ummutameem

you are right ggnk. but the problem is those people (the iyaye) u mentioned are probably not enlightened and then there are some that are just plain stubborn, what our government should do is pass a law dat makes it compulsory to send ur children to sch and try to implement d law, bcos sometimes d laws are there but no one implements them.

furthermore our government does not believe in awareness campaigns, send people to those villages n enlighten them about these things and it should be continous not a one time thing.

kai! the issues are endless. Allah ya taimaka mana, ameen.

Dan-Borno

UT, its like you are trying to resurrect this thread and in the
process derailing it with the help of your friends.

before independence and after independence, foreign teachers
have dominated the scene and offered qualitative education
until their retirements or death as the case may be.  now that
we have come of age, why must we recruit foreign professors
when we have some at hand - i think this is the argument and
worries of the initiator of this thread.

yobe state government recruited some egyptian medical doctors
only to now realised that some among them where not even
trained as nurses.  daily trust carried a story on how one of the
so called medical doctors was bad beaten by our nigerian doctors
when he tried racism and looking down on them despite the fact
that there are consultants among the nigerian doctors.

to me, i believe, before now that, foreign teachers only became
necessary when we dont have the adequate manpower to man
our schools - putting into consideration that we pay these
foreign teachers by dollars and several other working conditions
which the nigerian teacher never dreamt of.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Suleman

UmmuT, inace Sarkin Auyon shi kansa graduate ne? Any ways, there is a problem, no doubt and it boils down deep into the hausa society. Mu baga bokon ba, mu baga arabin ba, as it stands. I tend to think societal problems like this could best be tackled by involving 'masarautu'. This is due to the length of their tenure spanning multiple political administrations, thereby giving them a better opportunity for longer time vision for their society.

ummutameem

@ dan borno, tanx for d comments.
however we are not derailing from anything, its all part of the topic, d backwardness in education is d reason y we are questioning d standard of edu n d quality of teachers and wether we have enough teachers to cater for our educational needs, hence wether there is the need to import foreing help.

it is called cause n effect my friend! if u dont know d extent of the problem how do u give an informed opinion on d topic.

this is a serious problem and we need all d help we can get, its not just for people to be shooting of their mouths for d sake of talking, no, this is an avenue to finding a solution to a persisting problem, which solutions i pray our generation ll be able to put in motion for the betterment of all.

the issue of doctors being brought from cairo to ur state, i feel was done in good faith, but d nigerian factor of doings things without proper research n planning doomed dat project. do i feel its wrong, h..l no! but they did not do their home work right, if they did, they wouldnt hav employed unqualified personel.
things are bad in this country my brother, any help we can get is welcome, so long as it is done properly and in the interest of the people.
@ suleiman, i have no idea if sarkin auyo is a graduate, dont know d guy, i said in my VILLAGE which is under auyo local govt.
your idea of involving traditional rulers is very good, they stay in position n ll be good for d continuity of projects.
i hope people dat are in position to make changes are reading this. thank you