News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Video of Boko Haram Leader Being Interrogated

Started by maxsiollun, August 04, 2009, 01:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Assalamu alaikum,

Nurudden, two days. Hope you've been doing just fine.

To the thread: even the video clip of his interrogation while at Army custody is availably circulating here in Kano. I watched it. Muhammad Yusuf was alive, only with a bandage on his left hand. One of the soldiers asked him what was with his hand, and he answered it was a fracture he sustained while extricating his house during the army's bombardment. Thus Dailytrust's report is but true.

Any way, why do you think that actually matters? The man is dead...and it's Nigeria. I don't think gov't would do a thing.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

nasr19

Quote from: Muhsin on August 08, 2009, 03:35:34 PM

Any way, why do you think that actually matters? The man is dead...and it's Nigeria. I don't think gov't would do a thing.

Correction, Muhsin.  Governmnent'll do a thing.  Actually, they are doing it already: a panel has been set up. In due time a report will be submitted amidst dogon turanci speeches. Thereafter, the report will find itself nestled among countless others b4 it, on a shelf to gather dust. Well, that's something, abi?

HUSNAA

Quote from: nasr19 on August 08, 2009, 05:40:13 PM

Correction, Muhsin.  Governmnent'll do a thing.  Actually, they are doing it already: a panel has been set up. In due time a report will be submitted amidst dogon turanci speeches. Thereafter, the report will find itself nestled among countless others b4 it, on a shelf to gather dust. Well, that's something, abi?
Indeed the govt is doing something. it is snoozing after that satiating bloodbath
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

nasr19

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 08, 2009, 07:26:23 PM

Indeed the govt is doing something. it is snoozing after that satiating bloodbath

Interesting....reminds me of a motorpack theory I once overhead in the heydays of OBJ about car accidents, air mishaps, communal clashes,etc being spearheaded by people in high places tasty for blood. Utter nonsense of course to muslims imbued with tawhid.

Muhsin

Quote from: nasr19 on August 08, 2009, 05:40:13 PM

LOL ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on August 07, 2009, 12:38:53 AM
EMTL
I am not calling you names. I am asking you to produce proof of your ridiculous and inflamatory statements.

I was present during the Maitasine disturbances as a highly placed government officer in Kano State. I had close connection with some of the high ranking police officers who were dealing with the riots. The sect started by Muhamadu Marwa began as an extreme moslem sect then got more and more extreme. It started kidnapping children and sacrificing them in lairs under the old city. It forbade the use of buttons and belts and other symbols (it said) of western civilisation. It even had some problem with people showing ruptured navels.
They would march out of the city hundreds strong and cut down anybody in their way with machetes. Maitasine had such hold over many people that he even had a meal with the governor of Kano State at State House and most of the police were afraid to do anything about him. He was believed  by many to be immortal. Eventually the Army and the Nigerian Airforce were called in to drive the whole sect out of their underground lairs. The jets strafed the compounds and the army set up machine guns and shot them down as they flooded out the back of the city using the old watercourse and drainage canals. Many hundreds were killed and their bodies lay on the road up to Dala Hill for some time. Maitasine himself died from wounds just past the university and his body was shown on television to prove he was dead. This was not enough proof for some however who continued to believe that somehow he was alive.
This had nothing at all to do with non moslem elements deliberately starting anti moslem behaviour and you are spreading dangerous nonsense. It had everything to do with a dangerous religious extremist being allowed to exist and get more and more power by playing on the superstitions of the poor and the uneducated.
You do decent Islam damage by your silly remarks.

Courtesies,
I think Dave u are suppose to tell us the factors and/or circumstance(s) that brought Maitatsine. I have always blame the leadership of Nigeria that fails to provide social safety nets to people. Poverty, ignorance, unemployment and lack of education are the things behind Maitatsine's proliferation. I will refer you to Prof Sabo Bako's Phd thesis on Maitatsine. There u will see and get informed on why we are graffling with things like Boko Haram, 'Yan Baceto, Tajdid, Tawadatar and the likes. Prof Sabo proffered virile solutions to issues like these, but sadly enough our government never cared to have a look at what he suggested in that thesis.

Remember, presently in Niger state, there are some religious believers that isolated themselves and settled at the outskirt of Niger and called their environment Darul-Islam for sixteen years now. They are not fighting anybody actually. And the government knows about their ideology. Their own explanation as to why they isolate themselves is bcos of their abhorence to western ideologies that they don't want to be a party to. They said the Nigerian politics is full of chaotic things that they are not ready to be identified or carried along. So they decided to leave and establish their own society where they feel they can chat their own cause. ( see Weekly Trust of last saturday).

On the issue of Boko Haram, the police could have allowed the guy to be tried so as to know his sponsors, but they seemed to be in hurry to kill him. Why??? When they say Boko is Haram or rather uttered that western education is Haram, so what? Provided they will hold unto this ideology without harming anybody so be it. But their only offence is the vehement attack on  the societal beliefs. However, I do not see what the police did as the best option to curtail Boko Haram. Killing should have been used as the last resort. And the fear is: the society may  no longer be safe again. You can kill a person or soul Dave, but you can never kill an ideology. May God save Nigeria.
Nura.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Nura

You are exactly right. Poverty allied with ignorance are the root cause of all such dangerous outbreaks.

The poverty and the ignorance that is the penance of many many Nigerians is the fault of successive Nigerian regimes who have had access to the riches of Africa's richest country and have done very little sensible or honest with most of it.
maigemu

usman11

usman11,
1. Do you know that when the Boko Haram leader was arrested and taken to court he was represented in Abuja High court and got freed on bail by Prof. Jerry Gana?

So what? Do you know that being released on bail does not mean you are innocent? Do you not know that bail is granted by a judge pending trial? Bail comes with conditions as well. Do you know that?

2. Do you now that Jerry Gana is a christian and one of the leaders of cistrian association of Nigeria (CAN)?

Who gives a shit what Jerry Gana is? This is not about Christianity. This is about a deranged fanatical jihadist terror group that claim affiliation with the Taliban and Al Quaeda with an ultimate agenda of imposing their dangerous religious philosophy on the nation. That is the issue

3. Can you now understand why some of us belief that Boko Haram and others who misrepresent Muslims are sponsored by non-Muslims?

No I cannot understand the rationale behind your belief. But perhaps if you had hard proof and not imaginary conspiracy theories, I might be compelled to see your point.

4. Can you now begin to understand why the leader of Boko Haram was killed so that he will not reveal the organisation(s) and people behind them?

Again, conspiracy theories with no substance. Boko haram was killed because he was nuisance and a dangerous terrorist living amongst a law abiding population which he had no problem destroying. Anybody willing to terrorize and kill people in order to force an ideology on society is dangerous and must be jailed or killed. 

5. Do you know that maitatsine was trained and planted into the Muslim Umma by Non-Muslims?

Like Dave said, provide proof.

6. Could you know see why the white paper of the panel that investigated the up-rising was never released to the Public?

No I don't. In Nigeria nothing ever gets released to the public, and that's because your government is flat out defficient and disorganized to the core.

waduz

Bad intentions, bad results. Good intentions, good results.