News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Gyaran chikin birnin kano............

Started by shehu usman ali, August 11, 2009, 02:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shehu usman ali

Allah yakawo mana wani shugaba a kano wanda zai  gyara chikin kano city.Gyaran da za ayi shine a yanka layuka(streets)masu fadi a rusa wasu gidajen da zasu tare hanya.Duk gidajen da abin ya shafa a je wajen gari a tsara wasu filaye ayi titi a hada duk abin da yakamata na unguwa ta zamani da wuta da ruwa sanan a biya compensation ga duk wanda abin ya shafa kuma a kuma basu filaye issasu.Dalilina shine a samu hanya tako ina sannan haka zai temaka wajen zurga zurga dakuma shan iska(ventilation) sanan yakamata a tafi da zamani.Amfanin yin wannan shine in case of disaster, kamar gobara,ambaliyar ruwa da sauran abubuwa masu kama da haka.Allah yakiyaye mu daga irin wadannan abubuwa amin. Allah ya albarkachi kano da abubuwa masu yawa kuma ga tarihi na tsawon lokachi.
Abin da yasa nayi wanan tunani shine mutane na dada yawa nan da shekaru kadan nan gaba wajen zama yana dada karanchi da matsewa gashi babu hanyoyi masu fadi...............don Allah duk wanda yakaranta wannan raayi nawa yayi hakuri sannan yayi tunanin nan gaba abubuwan da zasu iya faruwa saboda matsatsi da kullum ake samu saboda yawan jamaa..............Idan wanan raayi nawa ya batawa wasu don Allah a gafarche ni........
Shehu usman aliyu.....

bakangizo

Ba sai ka bada hakuri ba. Ai ra'ayin ka ne ka fada, kuma kana da ikon fadin ra'ayin ka anan, matukar dai ba cin zarafi a ciki.  ;)

Welcome to the forum.

HUSNAA

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on August 11, 2009, 04:23:50 PM
Ba sai ka bada hakuri ba. Ai ra'ayin ka ne ka fada, kuma kana da ikon fadin ra'ayin ka anan, matukar dai ba cin zarafi a ciki.  ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Ba'ada kida, ra'ayin ka gaskiya ne
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Lawwali

Hakika wannan ra'ayi ne mai kyau. sai dai idan mutum baya son tafiya da zamani. Ni idan da zan zama Gwamna a kano, the first thing da zanyi yi shine DECONGESTION AGENDA.  Na san cewa bazan yi tenure biyu ba, saboda da yawan mutanenmu basu son zamanancewa. Idan akayi la'akari da garuruwan kasashen afirka da su kayi gogayya da kano shekaru sama da dari biyar duk sunyi nisa amma kano na nan jiya i yau. :( :( :( :( :( :(
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

nasr19

NSE, COREN, etc, Kano state chapter, ga babban challenge! Ya kamata a samu injiniyoyi, architects, town planners, etc, da za su yi forming din think-tank on the modernization of Kano City. Wannan aikin na bukatan careful planning. Acceptance to implement the resulting blueprint sai ya zama prerequisite din zaben duk mai son zama gwamna nan gaba. (pls forgive the rusty (modernized?!) hausa  ;D)

gogannaka

Nice points.
The problem does not lie with only the government but also the people.
My friend who studied urban and regional planning did his project on the alteration of the kano masterplan.
He did a case study of dorayi community. I helped him collect the layout of the community from KNUPDA(formerly Kaseppa). We found it so hard relating the plan to the reality on ground. It has totally been altered. In the plan there were provisions for playgrounds, graveyards,free spaces etc,but trust our people,the plots have been developed not in accordance to the plan.Houses have been built on those lands,even the space meant for the primary school was shared and houses were built.
The annoying thing is that the plots,after being sold as full plots were most(if not all the time) divided again into two or three and then resold(awon igiya) so this made the entire community choked up with very little or no space for any service utility e.g drainage,cable,pipes etc.
That community is an eyesore wallahi. We once entered one lungu at a community nearby called Jaen and they had a problem.They had a heap of shara and it was stinking badly. The waste disposal unit arrived to clear the dumpsite but wallahi there was no way a truck could access the dumpsite.The streets are so narrow. And i tell you that dumpsite needs some caterpillars to get cleared.The last time we heard they were thinking of demolishing some housed to access the site.
During his course of the project we spoke to an official of the planning department on why they allow the awon igiya plots to be developed. He said that it is because the people cannot develop the full plots and most of the time when they lay out full 75X50m plots people do not develop them.
I personally blame KASEPPA for the congestion of Kano. The bunch there are there to make money and can alter the plan for some wierd amount of money.
The recent head of the agency is trying to at least rid the streets from the illegal structures but is facing serious condemnation.
What can we do?
i am happy that the govt is buiding a modern city along the western bypass,i hope it does not turn out to be like the former layouts.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on August 13, 2009, 11:19:52 AM
The recent head of the agency is trying to at least rid the streets from the illegal structures but is facing serious condemnation.

The guy's actions are really condemnable and reprehensible, for he's not doing them in the right way.

I have a solid proof that he's just being used to victimize the poor ones and as a machinery to launch a vendetta against some group of people. Mts...very disapproving and disappointing acts.

The guy should have a second thought for it's a political era; yau gareka gobe ga dan-uwanka.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on August 13, 2009, 11:19:52 AM
Nice points.
The problem does not lie with only the government but also the people.
My friend who studied urban and regional planning did his project on the alteration of the kano masterplan.
He did a case study of dorayi community. I helped him collect the layout of the community from KNUPDA(formerly Kaseppa). We found it so hard relating the plan to the reality on ground. It has totally been altered. In the plan there were provisions for playgrounds, graveyards,free spaces etc,but trust our people,the plots have been developed not in accordance to the plan.Houses have been built on those lands,even the space meant for the primary school was shared and houses were built.
The annoying thing is that the plots,after being sold as full plots were most(if not all the time) divided again into two or three and then resold(awon igiya) so this made the entire community choked up with very little or no space for any service utility e.g drainage,cable,pipes etc.
That community is an eyesore wallahi. We once entered one lungu at a community nearby called Jaen and they had a problem.They had a heap of shara and it was stinking badly. The waste disposal unit arrived to clear the dumpsite but wallahi there was no way a truck could access the dumpsite.The streets are so narrow. And i tell you that dumpsite needs some caterpillars to get cleared.The last time we heard they were thinking of demolishing some housed to access the site.
During his course of the project we spoke to an official of the planning department on why they allow the awon igiya plots to be developed. He said that it is because the people cannot develop the full plots and most of the time when they lay out full 75X50m plots people do not develop them.
I personally blame KASEPPA for the congestion of Kano. The bunch there are there to make money and can alter the plan for some wierd amount of money.
What can we do?
i am happy that the govt is buiding a modern city along the western bypass,i hope it does not turn out to be like the former layouts.

I think some of the fault doesnt lie with KASSEPPA. A lot of it lies directly with the officials at govt house. I think because land is such a hot issue, the governor has the final say in how it is allocated and for what. Most of the past govs I dont know about the present one, were so intent on how to make revenue out of land that corner shops sprang up helter skelter and i even remember a time in the 90s when a lot of the govt gra houses were reapportioned under that term carveout, so that houses with large garden spaces were suddenly split into two plots and the undeveloped garden space was sold out to other ppl, who promptly got rid of all vegetation in order to build structures. The result now is that there are far fewer trees in the GRA than we used to know as kids. In fact if you look at Kano on google map, the tree density inside the city is so low that you can count the trees as single items, whereas before u can only estimate by looking at the tree crowns because the tree density was so high and the crowns formed a canopy. We are actually experiencing sand storms in Kano now. This is such a disastrous turn of events. Allah Ya Sawwake ameen.

bakangizo

QuoteI think some of the fault doesnt lie with KASSEPPA. A lot of it lies directly with the officials at govt house. I think because land is such a hot issue, the governor has the final say in how it is allocated and for what. Most of the past govs I dont know about the present one, were so intent on how to make revenue out of land that corner shops sprang up helter skelter and i even remember a time in the 90s when a lot of the govt gra houses were reapportioned under that term carveout,

Gaskiya ne. The  menace of "Carve outs" is legendary. And again the corruption of people in the relevant agencies.  For instance, I know of this building at Dan Marke Bus stop, Hotoro. It was supposed to be 'bene', hawa daya ko biyu. Too close to the road. Kaseppa put a "STOP" order on it. But to our surprise, we just woke up one morning to see that the decking was done! kamar asiri. Before u know it, first floor building has commenced. A week later, the whole structure was ordered to be destroyed by Kaseppa forcefully. As providence would have it, I entered a cab with the 'Birkila' who supervised the building. he told me that when Kaseppa initially ordered them to stop, the owner went and met a top official of Kaseppa, (most likely bribed him), who told them to go and mix the concrete and do the decking in the middle of the night! :o He promised them that he would ensure that the restraining order is removed, hinting that he has the power to even convince the gov on that respect. So they believed him. unfortunately for them (and fotunately for people of the area ;D), Kaseppa stood its ground. So this goes to show that the active connivance of officials contribute a lot in this issue.

Quote from: Lawwali on August 11, 2009, 08:47:54 PM
Hakika wannan ra'ayi ne mai kyau. sai dai idan mutum baya son tafiya da zamani. Ni idan da zan zama Gwamna a kano, the first thing da zanyi yi shine DECONGESTION AGENDA.  Na san cewa bazan yi tenure biyu ba, saboda da yawan mutanenmu basu son zamanancewa.

Wallahi kana da gaskiya. Yanzu abin misali, gyaran hanyoyi da akeyi, da kuma hana gine-gine barkatai a kan tituna, ai kaga ba irin tsinuwa da zagin da gwamna bai sha. na tabbata da a tenure din shi na  farko ne ya yi wannan, sanin halin mutanen Kano, ba'a sake zaben shi ba. ;D

QuoteIdan akayi la'akari da garuruwan kasashen afirka da su kayi gogayya da kano shekaru sama da dari biyar duk sunyi nisa amma kano na nan jiya i yau. :( :( :( :( :( :(

I disagree. Kaman wadanne garuruwa kake nufi? Abin da tabbatar shine, idan dai har wasu garuruwan sun wuce Kano, to haka kazalika Kano to zarce wasu garuruwan tsararrakinta da sukai gogayya tun wancan lokacin.

gogannaka

Muhsin share with us the solid proofs please.

Husnaa the carveout palava is disappointing.
Everyone wants to live in the GRA. Now the GRA is no longer GRA.
My reason for saying the fault lies with Kaseppa is because right now there are no longer any carveouts to give away. And i think the shekarau administration has halted the allocation of carveouts.
Check out all the new layouts done by Kaseppa:Sheka,Dorayi,karkasara,rijiyar zaki,bakin bulo,Panshekara,tudun wada,rimin kebe,hotoron arewa,etc etc. get the plans and see if the areas have been developed according to the plan. The buildings were approved by kaseppa prior to development and they do not conform to the layout plan. They are now slums.

To be candid however,i believe the new management at kaseppa are stricter in terms of plan adherance then the former lot.
A friend of a friend,a professional urban and regional planner said he was frustrated out of the agency because he had a degree and most of the staff were not in any way experienced in urban planning.The make a business out of approving illegal structures.
Where i think the government house is to blame is the fact that these things are done while they don't do anything to stop it.
And to go round again,if they decide to enforce the adherance,people will condemn.

We need someone like Babatunde Raji Fashola in Kano state.
As troublesome as Lagosians are,the guy was able to demolish all the houses along the lagos badagry expressway to make way for his 10 lane road and light rail project.
We honestly need to move forward kamar yadda lawwali ya ce,dole a tafi da zamani.

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on August 13, 2009, 05:20:47 PM
Muhsin share with us the solid proofs please.

You know my business tent was among those demolished in that ongoing campaign, right?

People complained, including I myself, that we were not given any notice or "papers" telling us where we should relocate. So that we could remove our "containers", "case", etc Hence we sent delegates to the KNUPDA office after the operation. They simply told them that our site was not on the actual sites map to be destroyed; they were just directed to carry-out the work. Hear this barbarism, for Allah's sake?

Already some people had sensed that fact, and were grossly complaining, abusing the suspected directors of the destruction. Wallahi tallahi I remained mute until they (KNUPDA people) admitted it themselves. Although even afterwards I said only few words, for I know that cannot be the end of my life.

Further, ask anybody, DB, EMTL, for example, who know the place. They'll tell you it can't be just that demolished and gone.

Allah ya isa, I repeat, and I'll die repeating. I know, inshaAllah, Allah, the Exalted, won't let their merciless, thoughtless and irresponsible action go unpunished.

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

ggnk, never mind ai ta tsinuwar. In Allah Ya Sa mutum da zuciya daya yake aikin sa kuma saboda taimakon talakawa da samun walwalar su, to ai wa'yansu na tsinewa da ga baya kuma wa'yansu za su fara sa wa mutum albarka, kuma in sun fara sa wa mutum albarka, in so far as the memory of the good they enjoyed from that person persists, ko bayan ransa ma sai an samasa albarka an roki Allah Ya Jikan sa. Ga example din Audu Bako, the best gov kano ever had. Allah Ya Gafarta masa kurakuren sa ameen.

Muhsin, I wonder, if in the first place you had done everything according to the book,  Knupda wouldnt  have come knocking down yr shops ko? Did you after you bought the place go and check its legitimacy with the urban planning board? Or even before buying it lets say, so that u dont end up losing yr money if the shop was illegally constructed.
BTW, I doubt that knupda will tell you where u should relocate. It will assume that you will relocate in the properly designated business areas and that u should acquire the property as the market dictates, since knupda will not give u a place free of charge as compensation as it regards the occupancy of yr shops to be illegal to begin with.

gogannaka

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on August 13, 2009, 05:12:01 PM
For instance, I know of this building at Dan Marke Bus stop, Hotoro. It was supposed to be 'bene', hawa daya ko biyu. Too close to the road. Kaseppa put a "STOP" order on it. But to our surprise, we just woke up one morning to see that the decking was done! kamar asiri. Before u know it, first floor building has commenced. A week later, the whole structure was ordered to be destroyed by Kaseppa forcefully. As providence would have it, I entered a cab with the 'Birkila' who supervised the building. he told me that when Kaseppa initially ordered them to stop, the owner went and met a top official of Kaseppa, (most likely bribed him), who told them to go and mix the concrete and do the decking in the middle of the night! :o He promised them that he would ensure that the restraining order is removed, hinting that he has the power to even convince the gov on that respect. So they believed him. unfortunately for them (and fotunately for people of the area ;D), Kaseppa stood its ground. So this goes to show that the active connivance of officials contribute a lot in this issue.

I will give you another story.
My former company was building a new office complex.During construction a carpenter fell and died.
KNUPDA now stopped the construction pending investigation. During the investigation the agency asked for the plan of the building and it was given to them.They now saw that a penthouse is being built whereas the original plan approved by the agency didn't have a penthouse. That is where wahala started. The owner of the company now gave the site engineer 1.2 million to find means of approving the building.He met some guys at the agency and told them about the development.Unfortunately they said that the MD has taken up the issue and all the papers were with him in the office,if not because of that they would have helped. The engineer now gave his men the go ahead to resume work and they went ahead. Within minutes the agency deployed mobile policemen to arrest anyone on site.They were lucky that the guys he met at the agency now called him to alert him of the arrest warrants and he immediately called his boys off.
After that they had to send the new plan for approval.They had to follow the due process.
That is why i have some degree of confidence on the head of the agency.

@Muhsin,
I am sorry about your loss.
My grandfather's house(which was a gidan gado) fence was also demolished during the exercise. The household complained that it was constructed with the approval of kaseppa. They were asked to bring the approval and if they are right that it was approved then the agency would rebuild their fence. The last time i heard,they took the papers and were following the process. But clearly the fence was an obstruction and they were asked to move back when re-building. In planning,usually along highways,interstate or major roads. 6Meters(i think) should be left on both sides of the road for services and in case of future expansion. Also,there are areas meant for business,residence,public services etc.But in Kano,one can build or erect anything anywhere without even considering the effect on the existing populace.Usually the attitude that akwai 'yanchi' and since babu wanda yayi magana to ai ba komai.
Mosques can block an entire road because they are holding a lecture. A relative once nearly lost her life and baby when she started labour and couldn't access road to the hospital because ana lecture a masallaci kusa da gidan su.

Like the poster said,
QuoteDalilina shine a samu hanya tako ina sannan haka zai temaka wajen zurga zurga dakuma shan iska(ventilation) sanan yakamata a tafi da zamani.Amfanin yin wannan shine in case of disaster, kamar gobara,ambaliyar ruwa da sauran abubuwa masu kama da haka.Allah yakiyaye mu daga irin wadannan abubuwa amin.

Husnaa, a friend's uncle told us how when the govt was building tiga dam,the people rejected it that wai za'a sare masu dorawa and trees.
The governor then (i beleive it was audu bako) explained to them that the project was going to be for their own good but they still rejected.
It came to a point where the people came out in mass to stop the caterpillars from working.The governor it was said told the workers to go ahead and work but still they met resistance.Later on some succumbed and their areas were used for the irrigation basins while those that resisted were left with their trees. Not long after,they now started seeing the potentials and they requested that their areas be included too.
Today the basins are a source of pride to the communities.
So i agree with you,Allah ba azzalumi bane. He knows what is in everybody's heart.
Idan suna yi don zalunci He knows,and idan don ci gaban Al'umma ne ya sani.

admin

Gaisuwa da godiaya ga (Thanks and greetings) to shehu usman ali for starting this Topic of discussion and to Bakan~Gizo, HUSNAA, nasr19, gogannaka, and all other memebers for their contribution to this Topic.

Is it possible for us to get any written Document and or information regarding the Kano Master Plan from KNUPDA and or Ministry of Land and Physical Planning?
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 14, 2009, 01:45:32 AM
Muhsin, I wonder, if in the first place you had done everything according to the book,  Knupda wouldnt  have come knocking down yr shops ko? Did you after you bought the place go and check its legitimacy with the urban planning board? Or even before buying it lets say, so that u dont end up losing yr money if the shop was illegally constructed.

I did everything according to the book, i.e. get occupant permission from the LG as the place was theirs. More over, I think am the only one with this permission.

Later the place is said to be owned by the Gwale Veterinary Clinic, thereafter the veterinary boss called us, had a chat with us and granted permission to remained where we were.

What more on God's earth is needed?

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 14, 2009, 01:45:32 AM
BTW, I doubt that knupda will tell you where u should relocate. It will assume that you will relocate in the properly designated business areas and that u should acquire the property as the market dictates, since knupda will not give u a place free of charge as compensation as it regards the occupancy of yr shops to be illegal to begin with.

Telling people where they should relocate is what they do exactly to some, for example I know of BUK Road people, Club Road, Post Office, to mention but a few. Then why not us? Are we not 'yan Kano, as well? Why should they just destroyed our properties heartlessly and went just because some crooks gave them directive? Haba don Allah. Wallahi their actions are not justifiable in whatsoever way.