News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

KN-online GTG 2009: 1430AH

Started by EMTL, September 28, 2009, 01:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakangizo

Salaam. I have no objection regarding the date, as long as the organisers can do it within the fews days remaining. Sad that the actionables of the last GTG (bill boards, refuse bins etc) have not seen the light of day, and were to be discussed again.

So, muhsin, the ball is in your court. Get to work, pronto!!!

Muhsin

Salam,

Hmm. BKGZ, forget about GTG. Its a pure myth; nothing beyond that.

The whole forum, I begin to realize, is becoming a shame to us Northerners.

I'll soon write a long piece on that, inshaAllah. Watch out!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Quote from: Muhsin on December 29, 2009, 01:56:56 PM
Salam,

Take am easy. I don't see any reason to be "ashamed" of this forum. And what's the connection with GTG?

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on December 29, 2009, 05:17:42 PM
Salam,

Take am easy. I don't see any reason to be "ashamed" of this forum. And what's the connection with GTG?

Wai za'a yi wannan GTG kuwa? Ni fa ina jira ne naji ance ga rnar da akesa ran zamu zo. I dan kuma ba za'a yi ba to zan tafi hutu na Yankari ran biyu ga watan Janairu in Allah ya yarda. Dan Barno ya ka gani?
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Nuruddeen on January 01, 2010, 09:04:22 PM
Salam,

Wai za'a yi wannan GTG kuwa? Ni fa ina jira ne naji ance ga rnar da akesa ran zamu zo. I dan kuma ba za'a yi ba to zan tafi hutu na Yankari ran biyu ga watan Janairu in Allah ya yarda. Dan Barno ya ka gani?

You are kidding right? I mean after discouraging us both times, this is a joke.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

gogannaka

I am disappointed in the organisation of this GTG.
Too bad our organisational abilities weren't forthcoming.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

bakangizo

I think our organisational ability is excellent. The las GTG is a testimony to that. The problem is our commitment to the issue. I would want to believe that part of the reason most of us may not be so free to active be involved in the organization. It may not be an absolute excuse, but it is  a factor. That nothwithstanding, we can do better.

May I suggest we shelve the idea of 2009's GTG, and prepare fully for this year's either middle of the year, or end of the year? Just a suggestion.

gogannaka

Yeah, i also agree for the idea to be shelved.
But what happened to the issue of waste bins discussed during the last GTG.

Dan-Borno

GGNK, maganar kake so, dust bin? thank God records dont lie.
I doubt if the project of dust bin that involves money and movement
is realisable if we cannot generate a common stand on the issue
of high rate of divorce in hausa land.  we agreed to come up with
a write up and we have among us, who undertake to publish it
in a form of phamplet for wider circulation, but the idea was later
kicked (who knows wether we have auri saki within the cabinet).

this is the lack of commitment and zeal we should be talking about.
personally i feel like i missed a very important family gathering,
because har na fara manta fuskan Bakangizo, no wonder i couldnt
recognize him at Makka lol.

you see friends, the reason we are pressing harder on this issue of
getting together is that one day Muhsin or IBB could be the president
of this country and with our agenda at hand we can make nigeria
a great place.

akaini kano ko a buhun borkono (amma ada fa)
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

DB,
To my own understanding the issue of divorce wasn't concluded. It was a debate that almost had members raining abuses on each other.
The dust bin issue don't need no debate.Kawai sayo waste bins za'a yi a yi labelling a raba.
Mutuwar aure kuwa sai dai kowa ya fadi ra'ayin shi wanda ba lallai ya zama cewa abun da ke kawo mutuwar aure ba kenan ko kuma solution to high rate of divorce.
I still believe the issue of high cases of divorce is an issue that needs to be discussed on the discussion board. It is a debate that will be continuous because each day and each divorce presents a new case study.

Muhsin

Salam,

I see you read my other thread on this board, for you even made a reply there. And I am sure you must have got the reason as well as the connection now.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

I see your points (DB & goga). On the one hand, drafting and publishing pamphlets on the issue of divorse is appealing. Kuma zai yi amfani kwarai da gaske. It's kinda a social service. Something we all felt we have a duty to as a people, and as a northern-based forum. But like goga said, it is a controversial issue/debate that seemingly has no straight answers to. Nonetheless, we should try and do something on it. Now, DB raised a valid point about the dustbins. It involves financial commitments. So on the surface, it might look harder to accomplish than a simple write-up on divirse, which we failed to do.

So my take is; why don't we postpone all these until we GTG? When we all gather, we can effectively discuss, collect the contributions for the bins there (prior to the GTG, members must have been aware of the total cost, and the expected individual contribututions), and take a final stand on the divorse write-up?

bakangizo

Quote from: Muhsin on January 05, 2010, 05:50:18 PM
I see you read my other thread on this board, for you even made a reply there. And I am sure you must have got the reason as well as the connection now.

muhsin, I don't see any connection btw failing to hold a GTG, and the pronouncement of this site as "dead". Again, I agree that the forum is not as lively as we would all want it to be, but GTG is not a criteria to qualify a forum as either dead or alive.

Muhsin

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on January 05, 2010, 06:11:01 PM
Quote from: Muhsin on January 05, 2010, 05:50:18 PM

muhsin, I don't see any connection btw failing to hold a GTG, and the pronouncement of this site as "dead". Again, I agree that the forum is not as lively as we would all want it to be, but GTG is not a criteria to qualify a forum as either dead or alive.

I feel like I was compelled to make this reply; like that--the connection, was obvious. Any way here it goes. . .

Our nonchalant and lackadaisical attitudes towards the forum--the place where we all come to know one another--led to the failure of the GTG. Remember how the forum was last year before the GTG (and even after). Moreso, the GTG proceedings have to be discussed here, and not anywhere else, right? And nobody care to come up here. The connections are myriads, I think.