News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Emir confers Sardauna title on Shekarau

Started by Muhsin, November 06, 2009, 05:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

kwarai bakangizo, muddin ance shakarau, su muhsin da auntynsa
sai kaga jijiyar wuyarsu ta tashi.

its time we understand the role and importance of traditional
institution in our society.  there is no dispute as to its root, so
there is no point arguing its importance.

kuma ya kamata mu fahimci cewa, kowace masarauta tana da nata
policies da kuma abubuwan da ke raya ta, sa'annan bai kyautu
masarauta ta dauki sarauta ta baiwa wanda bai san darajartaba
kamar yanda aka kawo misali wai prof. abdalla ai kaga za'a samu
wani dan mishkila saboda al'ada zata bambamta, kai kasan dai baza
a hana prof gayyatar barmani mai choge ba.

kuma suna bukatan masu ilimi da kuma karfin siyasa da kuma wadanda
ake yayinsu saboda masarautan tayi karfi sosai.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on January 11, 2010, 05:17:37 PM
Quote from: HUSNAA on January 11, 2010, 01:44:26 AM
Ku dai kuce dai tit for tat akayi. Shekarau Ya baiwa sarakuna motoci, shi kuma ambashi sarauta. Ni gani nake ma sarkin ba a cikin hayyacinsa yake sosai sosai, he is getting senile otherwise ba zai ce wai mukamin sardaunan ya kere na duk wanda ya shige gabansa ba a da. Wannan clearly aikin fada wansa ne. Shi Sarkin Kano yanzu da girma ya zo masa sai dai yadda aka yi da shi (in all probability).

Wato an tabo abinda kike so. Da kin boye, amma daga fito da thread din sukar Shekarau, har kinyi karaf kin fito ::) Anyway, welcome back from your sabbatical ;D

Hehehehehe.
Thanks for the welcome. Kai dai k ce baka son ka ji an soki Shekarau tun da ya daddagara ya kai ruwa unguwar ku  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D hahhahahaha.
Ni what gets my goat at the moment is the rampant use of the word Dr. Ko wane karabiti sai kaji wai ana makalamasa wannan prefix din, bayan irin mu don zafin neman wannan lakaninnan duk furfura da addabi kanmu wajen wasa kwalkwaluwa!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I agree with you that the Emir took it too far by saying the title of Sardauna now surpasses those that were there. I don't think it's right. Aside that, nothing is out of the ordinary about it. Titles are being conferred on people daily. It is ridiculous but that's the norm these days. You either deserve it, or you pay for. And Shekarau deserves it as much as any other person. But since it is Shekarau, naturally some people would come out with daggers. It is bound to raise some dust.

[/quote]
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Salam,

The turbaning ceremony date is tomorrow (22/01/2010); hope special invitations have been sent to DB and BKGZ. LOL ;D

Wallahi Shekarau surprises me these days. Come to Kano--Emir Palace to State road--and see wonders. Because of sheer extravagance and spendthrift nearly every building is being repainted (and decorated). I was yesterday riding through those places, amazing that sort of thing when a friend halted my wondering thought. He said he heard one of the governor's commissioner on radio saying (that) they reserved N800m for this forthcoming ceremony.

Hmm...thats an emulator of Sayyadina Umar (r.a.). Does wonder ever end? Allah ya isa indai da hakki na.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Muhsin,
Fund raising committee aka nada suka tara kudin turbaning ceremony. Just like yadda ake tara kudin campaign.
Ai idan ma har an samu an yi ma gidajen painti alhamdulillah. Gari zai yi kyau.

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Bashir Ahmad

Ko ma dai mai ake ciki gobe ne nadin mai girma gwamna Dr. Malam Ibrahim Shekarau (Sardaunan Kano)
Above All Fear Allah (S.W.A)

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on January 21, 2010, 05:00:39 PM
Muhsin,
Fund raising committee aka nada suka tara kudin turbaning ceremony. Just like yadda ake tara kudin campaign.
Ai idan ma har an samu an yi ma gidajen painti alhamdulillah. Gari zai yi kyau.

an nada fund raising committee an samu kudi. to wanda suka bada gudun mawar miliyoyin, ba daga aljihun gwamnati suka wawuri kudin ba?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Salam,

Thank you, auntie Husnaa. You've hit the nail on the head! Most of them are what we called "licensed-thieves", who only know nothing but embezzling government money, sending their kith and kin to study abroad, building mansions in Nassarawa GRA, Rijiyar Zaki, Hotoro GRA and other expensive areas; to mention but a few of their fanciful daily actions.

Another yet surprising thing: today public schools are closed in Kano because of the turbaning ceremony!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Shi fa Allah baya son zargi. If the contributors are not thieves and you call them thieves sai fa kun yi shari'a da su a gaban Allah.
Wai shin idan wasu shugabanni suka zo aka yi musu durbar ba kudi ake kashe wa ba? Kudin ma na baitil mal?
Ko kuwa hawan sallah ba kudi ake kashewa ba?
Duk ragowar nadin sarautun da ake kyauta akeyi ne?
Shin meyasa don shekarau yayi celebrating nadin sarautar shi abun zai zama sabon abu? He is the leader and we cannot do anything about it.
Da aka zo yin kwallo a kano an kashe more than 4billion a logistics kawai. Dole ne idan za'a yi event a kashe kudi.
Yo ba gwara ma ka ga inda kudin yake tafiya ba da ya shiga aljihun wani.

gogannaka

I culled this from triumph newspaper.
Interesting read.

Thousands of people who attended a lecture on late Sir Ahmadu Bello Sardauna of Sokoto were, yesterday caught in the web of what may be described as an intellectual display, when the Kano governor, Malam (Dr.) Ibrahim Shekarau declined to comment on the subject matter.
Instead, the first ever Sardauna of Kano decided to dribble his audience by citing a rhetorical synopsis of an old Syrian monk, Bahira, who on three occasions played off his disciples around, after organizing a similar lecture.
The cinematographic scenario sent Malam Shekarau's audience into frenzy with an overwhelming applause after he quoted the cleric asking his followers, if they knew what he was going to speak about and they all answered in the negative.
The monk suddenly stepped down from the pavilion telling them verbatim that he was not ready to speak to a group of illiterates; the disciples who were dismayed begged the scholar to give them another chance.
When next he mounted the pavilion to address them as they requested, he again asked them the same question and they decided this time to respond in the positive. However, the cleric still stepped down because they proved to him that they knew what he would talk about.
The last time the monk was begged to climb the stage to lecture them again, he asked them once more on the same topic and the disciples then divided themselves to answer yes/no, but then the scholar simply stepped down, only to tell those who claimed knowledge of the topic to answer the remaining that didn't know the answer.
By this rhetorical expression Malam Shekarau was simply proving to his mammoth audience of his intellectual capability, attributing the fact that he was not the type of person that blows his own trumpet.

Muhsin

Salam,

Quote from: gogannaka on January 22, 2010, 01:52:23 PM
Shi fa Allah baya son zargi. If the contributors are not thieves and you call them thieves sai fa kun yi shari'a da su a gaban Allah.

I know that.

First you have to understand something here: I didn't say all of them. Secondly I do not mention anybody's name. Aside, you know very well what those people are doing with money is outrageous, if I may describe it this way. Their halal could barely provide them that. More-over, there is nothing that can stop people from "seeing" them the same way I do.

QuoteWai shin idan wasu shugabanni suka zo aka yi musu durbar ba kudi ake kashe wa ba? Kudin ma na baitil mal?

Do I have any business with "wasu shugabanni?" Shekarau is the one who's mine.

QuoteKo kuwa hawan sallah ba kudi ake kashewa ba?

This is contained in Kano "constitution"; no governor can do otherwise.

QuoteDuk ragowar nadin sarautun da ake kyauta akeyi ne?

What have I got to do with that, GGNK? For your information: I almost despise involving myself with those turbaned people. Why? Ban gada ba and there is suffering, sycophancy, etc. I thus don't care how they organize that sort of thing.

QuoteShin meyasa don shekarau yayi celebrating nadin sarautar shi abun zai zama sabon abu? He is the leader and we cannot do anything about it.

Yeah, we cannot do anything about it but there is a freedom of speech, huh? We therefore come aboard KanoOnline to express our opinions or to some extent grievances.

QuoteDa aka zo yin kwallo a kano an kashe more than 4billion a logistics kawai. Dole ne idan za'a yi event a kashe kudi.

I fear for those people sha. They forget we all will be account for what we do in this world.

QuoteYo ba gwara ma ka ga inda kudin yake tafiya ba da ya shiga aljihun wani.

Wallahi ba gara since none of those monies will come to your own pocket. Am I right or not?

Dan-Borno

supporters from borno state arrived the city of kano late night
yesterday to join in their hero and ANPP presidential flagbearer
2011 in celebrating his conferment of traditional title of sardauna
the first of its kind in kano state, ko a buhun borkono dai kasamu
a kaika.

todays event marked another significant chapter in the politics
of sardauna namiji uban yan bokon kano.  both the buhari organisation
and other similar organisations calling for the old general to recontest
the presidential seat are thinking of u-turning from their old
belief, as it is now glaringly clear that sardauna is 100 percent
fit and proper for that seat.

@ MUHSIN
800 million naira is a chicken feed and i am surprised you are raising
your eyebrow on it.  you are talking of an Executive Governor who
has served  two terms in one of the most populated and commercial
centre in Nigeria, haba, ai ko dan kasuwa mai sayar da atamfa a
kantin kwari can donate that amount talkless of his friends who are
multi billionnaires.

kuma bari kaji, because of this man's modesty, he refused publicity
during the celebration, because what you see today is not up to
10% of the original master plan of the celebration, kuma to add it up
an gama harkar within few hours so as not to inconvenient anyone.

Muhsin kaji tsoron Allah ka fadi gaskiya, just because you construct
a supermarket in the middle of the road without government permit
and proper documentation, and it was bulldozed by this administration
kawai sai ka dauki karan tsana
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Salam,

You got me laughing, DB. Kaima kaji tsoron Allah. ;D ;D ;D

On a serious note: I renounced my love for the governor since before that illegal, reprehensible and redenounceable demolition of our business site. The man is quit a good fella in himself, but the people beside him are very, very bad ones. Majority of them. For a typical example, Freedom Radio have begun fishing some of those out following their rift with the governor some day ago.

DB, you are not in Kano, hence virtually whatsoever I get to tell you won't make any difference. You "unreasonably" like Shekarau; I use to wonder why and how? YET I'll tell you that I passed thorough the gathering, and I witnessed a lot of things, while you are far far away from it. I have all the authority to tell you what had transpired there.

I gotta go; my time. . . ;D ;D ;D

Dan-Borno

you are not fair to me when you say i am far far away,
i read triumph newspapers online everyday, i listen to
freedom radio every night, i visit kano state website
almost every month and above all, i receive more of
my calls from kano than any other place and you still
tell me i dont know whats going on?

thank God you said boys around him and NOT HIM, and
this is the typical political boys you find around every
naija politician and shekarau is not an exception.

Allah shi kiyaye Sardaunan Kano

Muhsin

Salam,

All that cannot make you as updated about Kano happenings as I am, DB.

Yeah, boys, as you call them, around him. But he himself is not that saint-like you are busily describing him as. He lacks a number of good leadership qualities.

gogannaka

Quote from: Muhsin on January 22, 2010, 05:07:16 PM
Salam,

Quote from: gogannaka on January 22, 2010, 01:52:23 PM

I know that.

First you have to understand something here: I didn't say all of them. Secondly I do not mention anybody's name. Aside, you know very well what those people are doing with money is outrageous, if I may describe it this way. Their halal could barely provide them that. More-over, there is nothing that can stop people from "seeing" them the same way I do.

QuoteWai shin idan wasu shugabanni suka zo aka yi musu durbar ba kudi ake kashe wa ba? Kudin ma na baitil mal?

Do I have any business with "wasu shugabanni?" Shekarau is the one who's mine.

QuoteKo kuwa hawan sallah ba kudi ake kashewa ba?

This is contained in Kano "constitution"; no governor can do otherwise.

QuoteDuk ragowar nadin sarautun da ake kyauta akeyi ne?

What have I got to do with that, GGNK? For your information: I almost despise involving myself with those turbaned people. Why? Ban gada ba and there is suffering, sycophancy, etc. I thus don't care how they organize that sort of thing.

QuoteShin meyasa don shekarau yayi celebrating nadin sarautar shi abun zai zama sabon abu? He is the leader and we cannot do anything about it.

Yeah, we cannot do anything about it but there is a freedom of speech, huh? We therefore come aboard KanoOnline to express our opinions or to some extent grievances.

QuoteDa aka zo yin kwallo a kano an kashe more than 4billion a logistics kawai. Dole ne idan za'a yi event a kashe kudi.

I fear for those people sha. They forget we all will be account for what we do in this world.

QuoteYo ba gwara ma ka ga inda kudin yake tafiya ba da ya shiga aljihun wani.

Wallahi ba gara since none of those monies will come to your own pocket. Am I right or not?

Muhsin all the facts you brought up here tantamount to nothing but pure adawa.
Whannan abu daidai yake da mutum ya yi biki saboda murnar wani abu da ya shafe shi.
Shekarau can as well celebrate his turbaning as the first sardauna of Kano,which i believe is his right too.He has his freedom too.

The comment that amazed me the most is this:

QuoteWallahi ba gara since none of those monies will come to your own pocket. Am I right or not?

So if the money was coming to your pocket you would have kept quiet?