News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Soccer tournament

Started by David_McEwan_Hill, December 09, 2009, 01:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David_McEwan_Hill

Hi

I am associated with a plan to organise an international Youth Soccer tournament here in Dunoon, Argyll, Scotland.
This will be taking place next July and hopefully annually or biennially therafter.

I would love to see a Kano team (or two) at it.
Any ideas, anybody.
It would cost.

I have emailed the Nigerian Embassy in London about this but got no reply (Surprise,surprise). I will phone.

My direct contact email is  markewan2001@yahoo.co.uk  

GoodFella

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)

Nuruddeen

Quote from: David_McEwan_Hill on December 09, 2009, 01:18:29 PM
Hi

I am associated with a plan to organise an international Youth Soccer tournament here in Dunoon, Argyll, Scotland.
This will be taking place next July and hopefully annually or biennially therafter.

I would love to see a Kano team (or two) at it.
Any ideas, anybody.
It would cost.

I have emailed the Nigerian Embassy in London about this but got no reply (Surprise,surprise). I will phone.

My direct contact email is  markewan2001@yahoo.co.uk  

Hi Dave, kudos to your effort, and for coming up with an initiative. It will be good to see  Nigerian team participating, but since you want it from Kano( Jigawa golden stars not welcomed?) I think all I can say is good luck dear.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

David_McEwan_Hill

Any Arewa team would do me. As I spent my fifteen years in Nigeria in the North I have a certain affinity though I don't have any problerm with any of Nigeria

Muhsin

Hello,

I feel like I don't understand the whole OP very well. Therefore I need further explanation.

Any way, for example suppose we have a team in my locality. How can we take part in this forthcoming competition? Thanks
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: David_McEwan_Hill on December 09, 2009, 10:16:44 PM
Any Arewa team would do me. As I spent my fifteen years in Nigeria in the North I have a certain affinity though I don't have any problerm with any of Nigeria

No problem Dave. I will God willing prepare one for you. But I think you need to tell us more baout the age bracket. Is it under 17 tournament, under 21 or you want a big team? If you are thinking of a bigger one, I can lead Jigawa Golden stars, because right now am on assignment in the state. I can go and meet their coach and talk to him. Otherwise, I can look for a formidable team. Pls suggest Dave. Lol!!! AS far the xpenses, I will still enquire for you. Best!
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

David_McEwan_Hill

Great,
I will be away for few days (my mother died suddenly)but as son as I get back I will get all the details about age etc. I'll be in touch.

gogannaka

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: David_McEwan_Hill on December 10, 2009, 11:41:07 PM
Great,
I will be away for few days (my mother died suddenly)but as son as I get back I will get all the details about age etc. I'll be in touch.

My condolence to all the family Dave. I sincerely commiserate with you over the loss of your mum. I wish you God's guidance Dave. Till then remain blessed dear.

GoodFella

Where is Dave? I dont play soccer but many of my friends do, we can there4 fix it.
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)

David_McEwan_Hill

Nuraddeen and other interested persons

The International Youth Soccer Tournament I talked of takes palce between 15th and 19th July next year in Dunoon, Argyll, Scotland. Entry fee per team (maximum 16 named pool)is £150. It is for boys born 1994 and after.(There maybe a Girls Tournament also)
You get to Dunoon by plane to London, onto Glasgow and are picked up at Glasgow Airport.

Match days are 16th,17th,18th.
Accomodation and feeding for each member of a party will work out about £100 each over the four/five days. More details later.

I will send the brochure with all details to any address. My email address is markewan2001@yahoo.co.uk

Abu-Safwan

Unless if david agree to sponsor the team the government will not do; it will only look at it with contempt. But I will like to join this sport trip.

David_McEwan_Hill

It will certainly cost quite a lot to send a team. Many of the teams that will come are associated with senior professional teams. Some will be sent by government funding.