News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

JOS ON FIRE AGAIN

Started by EMTL, January 19, 2010, 01:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Jos is on fire again and many lives lost. What do we do to stop this senseless killings.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

IBB

Allah ya sawake wannan bala'i. You know I was studying in Jos when the first riot in 2001 took place. I was so fortunate that i survived. When the whole thing started and rumours get to poly I didnt know what came to my head i just jump into my car and left. Even forgeting my folder.

As I was driving home I saw people running and falling down I wasnt panic but  i dont knw why i left. I stop to pick people up on the road coz i see they are panic and running but they refuse to enter seein i'm Hausa.

I almost got home then I remembered i forgot my folder in class, I was scared my friends will take the mick out of me i decided to come back. As i approach near the poly there was black smoke in the air and people where indicating to drivers to turn back. Within few min the place had turn chaos.

The solution to these probs I guess is to find a neutral person to go into the jos different ethnic societies and interview the youths and the elders, so the real problem could be acertain. Because most time it was the elders that are consulted however some of these elders do not really understand/know the real demand of the society.

You know Nigeria is a kind of society where elders are given so much respect. Which makes it difficult for the younger ones to really express theirselves in the present of their elders.
IHS

gogannaka

If Kaduna can do it then Plateau can do it again.
The greatest problem is the people that perpetrated the first crisis are not punished. It is very hard to see the person that killed your brothers and sisters or destroyed your wealth living freely. Definitely everyone will want to avenge his/her loss.
If however the culprits are punished the need for revenge will be less or even no more.

Jos is a very complicated issue. The truth of the matter is,the native people want the Hausa/fulani people out of jos completely. This is impossible.The people have no where but Jos.

The BBC hausa service interviewed Kaduna states' former governor,Makarfi and asked how he handled the Kaduna crisis then. He said the main thing is to identify the root of the problem and the get the stakeholders and start finding a solution.
Kaduna just like Plateau has both muslims and christians. While the Kaduna state govt is not biased in appointments,the plateau state govt is almost wholly one sided(native christians) and the govt officials make careless statements that clearly show their bias and hatred towards the hausa/fulani.

Another very important issue that  need to be addressed and which i believe causes more harm is the way the Nigerian media reports the crisis. They are hardly ever balanced in their reports. The always want to point fingers at either Muslims or christians. It is clear that the newspapers sell more papers when such crisis occur and therefore try to publish whatever rogue story their 'sources' tells or whatever any christian or muslim body says. In my own opinion the ethics of balanced reporting should be applied and caution be exercised when reporting such crisis.

Why would people that have been living peacefully together for God knows how long just turn against each other overnight.
The society needs serious re-orientatioin.
The native people of Jos should know that a town cannot be made with just one tribe or religion.You must mingle with people from other tribes and religion. The more we try to understand each other the better our society.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Nearly 150 Nigerians have been killed and dozens injured in three days of clashes between Muslim and Christian gangs in the central city of Jos, where police imposed a 24-hour curfew.

"On Sunday evening we buried 19 corpses, and 52 yesterday. As of now, there are 78 at the mosque yet to be buried," said Muhammad Tanko Shittu, a worker organizing mass burials at the city's main mosque, adding 90 people had been injured.

In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

bakangizo

I don't believe for a second this is spontanoues. It is premeditated. And I shudder to think of the reportage had this been happening in Kano/Bauchi/Maiduguri. Frankly the bias and lopsidedness of the media coverage whenever the muslims are at the receiving end is sickening. I just hope the situation is brought under control as soon as possible. A spillover would be devastating. This goes to show how unprepared the govt is in protecting its citizens.

Rais

The best thing that, scatter Plateau state into 
Kaduna, Bauchi, Taraba  and nasarwa
kila yai solving problems din.
Har yaishe za a zauna after 3 to 2  years 
ace ankashe 1000,2000.
Haba  an dai maida mutane kamar kiyashi
Bayan Mutuwa akwai hisaby

Muhsin

Salam,

Speechless.  :o :o :o

May Allah restore normalcy in the city, and punish the culprits, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

sultanibro

This cycle of violence has to stop.
You kill my brother today, I kill yours tomorrow!
Why cant our leaders from all tribes and religious leaders come together to salvage this city.
Selfish interests of any kind will not see us through.
posterity will record today's leaders as FAILURES if they continue to push the youths on this path of destructyion.
May All ah restore normalcy in the beautiful city of Jos.
We who were born there about 40 years ago and grew up there never knew of these discriminations.
May Allah cleanse Jos of this spirit of Madness

gogannaka

The way the plateau state commissioner of police handled the crisis is very unproffessional.
Imagine a commissioner stating in a press conference that the muslims started the crisis by attacking christian worshippers in church.
Even if that is the case he shouldn't have announced it in a press conference as it would only incite more violence and besides it shows how biased the police are.

The government and people need to find a permanent solution to this unending crisis.
We cannot live like this.

Muhsin

Salam,

Leave the irresponsible man alone, GGNK. Wallahi I pity our Muslim brothers and sisters living in Jos; they witness apparent unfairness, injustice and shameless bias in virtually every walk of their lives. So helpless and miserable.

Matter of fact: nearly every objective media--local, national and international, that reported the crises factually said Christian's youth, who opposed one Alhaji's intent to rebuild his house burnt down during the last violence, instigated the conflict. Started from that scene, the violence escalated. They (Christian thugs, who are the majority and have government "silent" support) sneaked to neighbouring villages, e.g. Kuru village and massacred defenceless women and children and threw their maimed, mutilated bodies to wells and pit latrines.

That undeniable fact notwithstanding that lax police officer (and even one commissioner in the state, which I can't recall his name and post) spat that nonsense expecting world to believe. Thanks to God even Human Right Watch reports otherwise.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Yesterday,while reading the papers i noticed that the man (think his name is anting or something) is no longer the comissioner. There's an acting police commissioner in Plateau now.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.He has his own part of the blood lost.

Mallam

May Allah bring peace to the City of Jos.
I pray those behind this violence have a positive change of heart, if they harden their hearts may His judgment sweep them all away.
Ma Salam
MAKING SOMEONE HAPPY AND RELIEVING SOMEONE'S SADNESS IS MY EVERYDAY MISSION.
JOIN ME BY HELPING THOSE WHO YOU CAN HELP TODAY!

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on January 27, 2010, 01:01:59 PM
Yesterday,while reading the papers i noticed that the man (think his name is anting or something) is no longer the comissioner. There's an acting police commissioner in Plateau now.

What exactly happened to him? I didn't hear.

Quote from: mallam on January 28, 2010, 12:17:57 AM
May Allah bring peace to the City of Jos.
I pray those behind this violence have a positive change of heart, if they harden their hearts may His judgment sweep them all away.
Ma Salam

Amin to your prayers.

maikyau

While we are praying for jos, fedral Govt. should take decisive measures and ensure that all culprits are punish and victims to be adequately compasated if not this problem will continue and it will  >:(be surely difficult for the federal Govt. to contain it saboda rai baifi rai.

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on January 27, 2010, 01:01:59 PM

He was "redeployed". Aikin banza kawai. The man should have been summarily dismissed and prosecuted.