News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Goodluck Jonathan Is Now The "President" Of Nigeria

Started by Muhsin, February 09, 2010, 04:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on March 01, 2010, 04:47:56 PM
Dora kenan.

I think she is doing more harm to the image of the country than good.
Everybody knows what is happening,all she is doing is giving it a government stamp.

I quite disagree with you, GGNK. The Iron Lady, as aptly pointed DB, has every right to speak the way she does. Yet what I kinda feel is that: she's about to over "do" it. For instance, there are better times and places to talk about that intricate matter than media (always). But that too has its merits, for it makes ordinary citizens like you and me know of the real drama going on.

There is Daily Trust column, written by Mahmoud Jega, I read yesterday. He there explains this very graphically in a nitty-gritty manner; and he knowledgeably suggest ways to solve it. I shall post it, inshaAllah, now.

Allah dai ya kyauta.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

How is what she is doing helping the image of the country?
She was party to the 'collective' decision taken at the FEC that said all is well within the presidency.
Yar'adua's spokesman clearly said that Yar'adua recognises Jonathan as Acting president and that he should continue holding the fort pending when the President recovers.
What is not clear about that?

If you think she is doing all this for the good of the nation then i am sorry for you.
She is doing exactly what the 'kitchen cabinet' is accused of doing:
Securing her appointment.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on March 02, 2010, 11:45:28 AM
She was party to the 'collective' decision taken at the FEC that said all is well within the presidency.
Yar'adua's spokesman clearly said that Yar'adua recognises Jonathan as Acting president and that he should continue holding the fort pending when the President recovers.
What is not clear about that?

There is what is not; how exactly did he do that? This is one of the shadowy issues she's complaining about: always 'Yar Adua says this and that when nobody among them, not even the Acting-President sets eyes on him!
If you think she is doing all this for the good of the nation then i am sorry for you.
She is doing exactly what the 'kitchen cabinet' is accused of doing:
Securing her appointment.

At a risk of sounding bragging, I am not that naive on Nija affairs, GGNK. Very few (I doubt if there's any) do anything for the good of the country. You can hardly find one person out of hundreds. Dora is very doubtedly one. Obviously at least.

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on March 02, 2010, 11:45:28 AM

And how is what the Yar'adua camp doing helping the image of the country? Ai ina ganin ma the ridiculuous and amateurish way they are handling the affair is far more damaging than what Dora is saying. They don't have respect for the Nigerian people. Here is what she basically said:

1."But if he is not in a position to do so, people around our president should be honest enough to come out and tell us   the true situation of his health,"

2."The cabal (around Yar'adua) wants to continue with their usual statement of 'the President said and you must comply',"

3."They want to continue dishing out instructions even when the president did not say so ... They sneaked him into this country in the night ... I think it's something that is unnecessary and uncalled for,"

Tell me what's wrong in the above statements.

gogannaka

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Yes, there are some problems but the woman is playing to the gallery.

Yar'adua is on sick leave and Jonathan is now acting- so what is the problem?
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

gogannaka

If she is bold enough why don't she just save us and mention to the nation who the 'cabal around Yar'adua' are.
Kawai taje ta karanta saharareporters ta zo tana cika ma mutane baki.

Dan-Borno

gogannaka why won't you be objective for once on the issue
of yar'adua?

CABALS:

1.  Abba Sayyadi Ruma
2.  Turai Yar'adua
3.  Adamu Aliero
4.  2 Governors/Inlaws
5.  Katsinawas in the villa who dont occupy any
     public office but have say

shikenan?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

I am being as objective as i should be DB.
You have just been defeated by saharareporters kai ma.

'Cabal-cabal-cabal'
It is laughable to anyone who knows what mulki is all about.

Muhsin

Like I read somewhere that the Northern reps call for her resignation today. . .  :o

gogannaka

Ka bamu mu sha mana.
Aondoakaa yana nan yana mata dariya.

Yan jarida zasu kai ta su baro.

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on March 04, 2010, 09:55:42 AM
I am being as objective as i should be DB.
You have just been defeated by saharareporters kai ma.

'Cabal-cabal-cabal'
It is laughable to anyone who knows what mulki is all about.

No, you're not objective. And there is a cabal surrounding the president. Kuma kowa ya san ko su waye. DB mentioned them, but he forgot Tanimu Kurfi. Kuma kai ma kasan haka. Do you know that they wore white, daga sama har kasa, all of them, the day he returned? Distinguishing themselves from other cabinet members. Can you believe this? Ko kunya ba su ji?

gogannaka

Ban ce babu cabal ba.
The honorable minister didn't know that You cannot dine with the devil and call the devil a devil.

Menene idan sun saka fararen kaya?
Allah ya kai ku wajen da kuma zaku zama power brokers ku ga if the thing is easy.
Intrigues of power play.

gogannaka

More opinions on Dora:

Former Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Alhaji (Dr) Abubakar Tsav, has said that the Minister for Information and Communication, Professor Dora Akunyili, has taken the President's health issue personal, noting that she had, by her comments, been fanning embers of discord between both the camps of President Yar'Adua and Acting President Goodluck Jonathan.

The national critic and social commentator, while reacting to Prof. Akunyili's interview published in the Sunday Sun, February 28, 2010, said, "I am one of many Nigerians who admire and appreciate Prof Dora Akunyili for what she stands for.

"However, within recent times, Prof Akunyili has appeared to be talking too much and she is personalizing the Yar'Adua health issue. She is beating war drums and may soon start the song 'Nzogbu nzogbu' for her supporters to respond with 'Eyinmba enyi!'

"Prof Akunyili is overzealously, trying to create enmity between Yar'Adua and Jonathan's camps regardless of the fact that they belong to the same political party. If by the power of God Yar'Adua recovers and resumes his office, and I pray he does, will Prof Akunyili go to Aso Rock Villa to massage Turai's feet as she allegedly did in the past?
"Rather than plan strategies for next year's general election, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is divided on the Yar'Adua health issue and Prof Akunyili has personalized the issue and she is talking too much.

"Chief Michael Kaase Aaondoakaa took the same position strictly in defense of the 1999 Constitution but the Acting President said he was too vocal and redeployed Chief Aaondoakaa. What of Prof Dora Akunyili who is sewing seeds of discord and who has made public the Federal Executive Council official secret?" he asked.

While also taking a swipe at the new Attorney General of the Federation and Minister for Justice, Prince Adetokunbo Kayode (SAN), for keeping mum over the despoil of the 1999 Constitution by the National Assembly, Tsav, however, cautioned the Acting President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan not to allow himself be carried away by fair-weather friends and political jobbers.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I love the bolded part.....LOL.

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Duk hayaniyar matanan ya kara susuce maganar. Wai naji an sanya mata suna 'Akuyar Dorayi'
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).