News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

what about government of national unity?

Started by Dan-Borno, March 19, 2010, 10:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

this government, at its inception promised us (ANPP) a government
of national unity, based on this agreement we built a solid foundation
of encouraging the activities of the government both at the legislative
chambers and support from governors and other sectors.  however,
even before the temporary exit of baba-go-slow, things have taken
a different angle.

here is a chance for goodluck to panel-beat the damaged agreement
and give chance to other political parties to participate in the runing
of this government, especially ANPP.

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

What about it now?
Instead of panel beating he has completely abandoned it.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

it is very clear to us (ANPP) that this government is not
interested in the unity government as preached, zamu
tattara namu ya namu muyi gaba.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

HUSNAA

Wane illar rashin yar adua? Wai mai yasa za a ji illa? Wanda suka ginu karkashin sa ne za su ji (kuma su ke jin illar rashin sa) Mu dai da muka dogara da Allah Yayi mana komai da komai ba ma jin illar rashin sa. As far as I am concerned, not much will change under goodluck and kuma if things turned for the worse, well so be it. Dama  it was very obvious cewa yar adua was not well even before he became president and one of the reasons why he was successfully anointed by the southern part of the country was the awareness that his ill health may lead the way for GJ to become the prex at one time or another. Yar adua was well aware of this so why is everyone so jittery now?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

Husnaa,
Idan ke baza ki ji illar ba ai ragowar yan Nigeria (su DB da ANPP inclusive) za su ji.
When u said if things don't change under GJ then so be it, sai na ji kamar baki damu da duk abun da ya biyo baya ba because as far as you are concerned,so long as yar'adua is not pres then let whatever will come, come.

Kai kuma DB ka zama jemage. Any government in power (AGIP)

All Mukhtar (AM)

To saidai mu yi addu'ar Allah ya ceci talakawan kasarnan Ya bamu shugabanni na gari
Allah ya gartamana

gogannaka

gogannaka

Ina Dan Borno?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Indications are widespread that Acting President Goodluck Jonathan may have dumped political parties that are part of the Government of National Unity (GNU), as the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and the Peoples Progressive Alliance (PPA) are yet to be contacted for their nominations into the Executive Council of the Federation (EXCOF).

ANPP and PPA as partners in the GNU have always nominated members into the cabinet. The former minister of State in the Federal Capital Territory , Chuka Odom was a nominee of the PPA, while the ex-minister of Women Affairs in the dissolved council was a nominee of the ANPP.

THISDAY gathered that the Acting President is yet to make any contact with the National chairmen or national secretaries of either of the political parties.

According to the National Secretary of ANPP, Senator Saidu Kumo, "we are yet to be contacted. Neither the National Chairman nor myself has been contacted by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) led government, but I can assure you that we are not worried."
On Senator Bala Mohammed, a serving senator and ANPP member from Bauchi State whose name is on the list of ministerial nominees to be screened from today, the National Secretary of ANPP said, "We are not aware of his nomination. He is not an ANPP nominee, though a member of the party, he must have been nominated on his personal credentials."

It was also gathered that no contacts have been made to the PPA led by the former governor of Abia State, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu. Though, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Ben Onyechere said in a statement that nomination of members into the EXCOF is not a condition for the Government of National Unity.

According to the statement issued by the party, " the Progressive Peoples Alliance will remain in the Government of National Unity, which was initiated by the Presidency as an aftermath of the 2007 Presidential election.

"We will remain in it because its usefulness far outweighs the pecuniary gains accompanying it. This declaration has become necessary in the wake of insinuations that in the event that Jonathan does not appoint any member of PPA as a minister, the PPA would storm out of GNU.

"That PPA will storm out of the GNU is the figment of the imagination of its originator because in the first place, apart from the fact that the Presidency initiated it while the Acting President has always being the Chairman of the GNU, the PPA is there because we consider the stability of this country of primary importance and as a matter of fact, we have tried to live up to our commitment to that cause.

"In the past, we have only been allotted the position of a minister of state, which in the actual sense is inappropriate yet we have remained, considering the content of the appeal by the Presidency for us to cooperate with it at the inception of this administration.

"It is a privilege to partner with the Presidency in a coalition which in itself not only reduces tension but is a sign of maturity as it is experimental in our evolving democratic experience. If they find us useless, they should formally inform us and we will opt out gracefully without grudges," the party's National Publicity Secretary said