News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Paying the Price for Nationhood!

Started by Abu-Fatima, May 10, 2011, 05:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abu-Fatima

Nigerians are a long way from attaining real nationhood. With time, luck, sacrifices and lots of prayers we may one day be a Nation in the real sense of the word. But it will continue to pain the heart, to see Nigerians been refugees in their own land: just because they ventured to live their lives outside their immediate ethno-cultural environment. My heart bleeds for my fellow countrymen and women, the victims of incessant ethno-religious crises. This is a sacrifice we have to make for the bright future we all hope for.

Muhsin

Here is one refugee-to-be. We are about to embark on NYSC (Batch B) in less than two months coming, but considering what happened in Bauchi and probably elsewhere in that post-election violence (where some corp members were mercilessly, thoughtlessly slain), we are stiffly afraid to be posted any where other than core nothern states. We may be prey, and vengeance be wreaked on us for that action carried out by "our" folks. Very possible. This typifies lack of nationhood of this country, Nigeria.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.