News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

ITS GOOD TO BE BACK.

Started by HUSNAA, March 30, 2016, 10:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Danborno, you are what we call in Literature a "flat character". You don't change with the change of, say in this context, environment. For instance, I don't take Naa Roo (on Facebook) as I consider Husnaa (on KanoOnline), for she writes and acts differently on these platforms. But your traits - the jokes, mild mockery, sometimes serious, etc are the same here and there. I hope I have explained myself clearly to the extent that I will not be suspended.

Yes, I miss Bakan~Gizo a lot. I can't forget his 'flirt' with Amira, another member I miss. And yes, Dankauye, Waduz, Ibro2g, Ummutameem, etc are also badly missed. I hope they are doing well.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

DB, I will tell u why all attempts on the parts of others failed while Hilal's and Fateez's  succeeded. Hilal did not woo Fateez privately on konline. They met properly and took it on from there.  Im only guessing though. But I just cant see how an online love fest can succeed when both parties are incognito.   :-* :-* :-*
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

HUSNAA

Quote from: Muhsin on April 01, 2016, 09:12:21 PM
Danborno, you are what we call in Literature a "flat character". You don't change with the change of, say in this context, environment. For instance, I don't take Naa Roo (on Facebook) as I consider Husnaa (on KanoOnline), for she writes and acts differently on these platforms. But your traits - the jokes, mild mockery, sometimes serious, etc are the same here and there. I hope I have explained myself clearly to the extent that I will not be suspended

OMG! U make me sound like a fake product Muhsin :o :o :o :o  I thougt I was behaving like myself. Infact, I never treated FB with the same zealousness that I did with konline.  But yes, my interaction with u on fb was more impersonal ans lets put it this way, I considered u a grown up on fb! How cant I when u had become a respected lecturer and blogger to boot? I even listened to u on the radio, the times I was in Kano and u were expounding on yr experiences in India. Yes the Muhsin of 2007 is not the Muhsin of 2017!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on April 02, 2016, 12:37:55 AM
OMG! U make me sound like a fake product Muhsin :o :o :o :o  I thougt I was behaving like myself. Infact, I never treated FB with the same zealousness that I did with konline.  But yes, my interaction with u on fb was more impersonal ans lets put it this way, I considered u a grown up on fb! How cant I when u had become a respected lecturer and blogger to boot? I even listened to u on the radio, the times I was in Kano and u were expounding on yr experiences in India. Yes the Muhsin of 2007 is not the Muhsin of 2017!

Lol! Alhamdulillah. You people know my childhood of a sort, while it's different on Facebook. And, it's only our interaction that's not the same here and there. But you can't be a "fake product".  ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Fateez

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 30, 2016, 10:41:14 PM
Oh the years are rolling backwards. I am remembering the good old days when K online used to be such a vital part of my day when I was studying for a phd. The nostalgia!  I am so glad to be back and take up my other name husnaa. My facebook name is naa roo. The naa came from husnaa and the roo came from my surname farouk. i took the rou and made it roo.  My professional name or official office name is Asma T. Ibrahim though and my maiden name is Asma Ibrahim BB Farouk. Lol I feel like a chameleon with so many names.

Salaam Husnaa,

It's great to be in touch again. I understand what you mean by keeping up with Twitter, I feel the same

about Facebook. I enjoyed our Facebook convos way back then, but somehow I can't keep up with Facebook!

Don't even remember what my password is. Hehe.

Multiple online usernames are necessary, right? otherwise it'll be easy to google us....

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Fateez

*Yikes!* when did all this tonon asiri happen?

@admin: It was great bumping into you, can't believe it's been nearly three years already. Time flies.

@Muhsin: "interesting" because we don't along, ko? Hehe, I've been following your career from the very

beginning, thanks to Gogannaka. I also read your blog by the way and I enjoy your articles on kannywood.

Nice to see you like them now  ;)

@Husnaa: I'm blushing! :-[

@DanBorno: Hello! How's the family?

Would love to hear from the others as well: Amira, Mudacris, DanKauye, BakanGizo, Hafsa etc.

I'm in touch with Ihsan, actually. Will nudge her along.

Here's to many fruitful discussions, inshaAllah.

:)

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Muhsin

Quote from: Fateez on April 22, 2016, 10:53:01 PM

@Muhsin: "interesting" because we don't along, ko? Hehe, I've been following your career from the very

beginning, thanks to Gogannaka. I also read your blog by the way and I enjoy your articles on kannywood.

Nice to see you like them now  ;)

Lol!

Let me first of all welcome you back to the forum. We missed your glowing, Violet fonts a lot. I hope you have been doing great.

It's "interesting" because of so many reasons. I can recall at least two instances when I and you 'fought' aboard here. You were of course the bully, being the elder. One is in Literature sub forum on reading Sidney Sheldon. The second was when I made a post on the "Death of KanoOnline Forum". You scolded me to your satisfaction. Lol! The Muhsin of today is older, stronger and is ready to fight back.

You read my blog? Wonderful. Thanks.

On Kannywood; it's all about experience, I believe. This world is bigger than we think. My life for two years in India has availed me with lots of experience, about the existence of "the others", etc. I still often face so much challenges on my view of Hausa films. While some praise it, others criticise it. But I don't care in both cases.

To say more someday, in sha Allah. Cheers.