News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

THE PARANOIA OF A DESPERATE ‘REALIST MUSLIM’

Started by Abu-Safwan, March 26, 2017, 07:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abu-Safwan

By Salim I. Hassan
March, 2017

One of my friends is a 'Realist' as he called himself. I have had a short face-face intellectual debate with him (as of yesternight – 13/03/2017) over one of my facebook posts "On the Need of Muslim Withdrawal From United Nations".  He believes and professes the idea that Muslims cannot do anything better than to maintain and retain the current status-quo of the world; he thinks Muslims cannot even exist without the United Nations; and that any attempt by the Muslims to attain autonomy and political independence in the world cannot be possible. His main argument here is that Muslims cannot and never be united. To him the only way to achieve world leadership by Muslims is when they are ready to dismiss their Islam from the lexicon of leadership. He further argues that the Western world are able to rule this world because they dismiss their religions from the quest of material life. Finish!

All that he wants from me is to dismiss our campaign mission of Attaining Muslim Unity and World Leadership, which to him, as it is for many of his kind, can never be realized, although Allah (s.w.t) has already destined and promised it to happen sooner or later, lest you forget.
What will happen if the Muslim world rejects the U.S and the United Nations? What will happen if Islam comes to rule the world again? What will happen if the Muslim world leads their major front on one side and the non-muslim on another? My theory of Triangular World Order System has answers to the above posed questions as far I theorized in my book 'The Message....'. Time matters a lot here!
Why are some Muslim think of impossibility of a world ruled by Islamic leadership? Why are they thinking of the current world order is the best for Muslim world?  They fear that if Muslim would make any attempt to free themselves from the subservience of the Western world they would be isolated. A question here to pose is: Are Muslim not isolated today? They also think that without the U.S., Britain, France, Germany, Russia and their Super-government, aka United Nations, Muslim cannot survive and the World cannot live in peace and order as we need them more than they need us. This is how the 'Realists' among the Muslims believe and think.

WHY WE RAISED THIS QUESTION
If Islam was able to rule the past world leading it to prosperity and excellence in knowledge why must you think its non-feasibility today?
Had Islam never rule the world in the past for over 1000yrs (from Abbasid to Muslim Spain and North Africa through Ottoman Turkey to Western Europe) we would have not raised this question. Had Islam lack in details on the world leadership we would have not raised this question. Had Allah did not command the Muslim to establish His religion on earth we would have not raised this question.

By leading this campaign on the Need of Islamic Global Independence we are doing  one of the most religious duty after faith in Allah.
Such realist people are driven by paranoia, despair, hopelessness, and sense of inferiority. Existence of such a category of people reminds me of what Sayyid Qutb had once written: 
"The most important need today is to help the Muslim acquire confidence in himself and in his past so that he is able to face the future 'with hope, courage and determination. His faith in the religion he professes, but whose genius he does not always understand, has to be revived and vitalized. His bonds with Islam are sadly mainly those of heritage. He is a Muslim because he is born to Islam. He has rarely made any serious attempt to acquire a real understanding of his religion...... The teaching of Islam is essentially a teaching of leadership and world welfare. One of its most important characteristics is that it teaches its follower how to acquire self-confidence without conceit or egotism; it breathes into him the fervor of faith and conviction, free of self-deception and, by weaning him from all dependence on others, instils in him complete trust in God with a faith that never falters nor weakens. This faith requires the Muslim to shoulder the responsibility of humanity at large and enjoins on him the trusteeship of the entire
human race. It is the duty of Muslims to guide to the right path those who have gone astray, and lead men, with the help of the light and guidance given by God, from darkness into light".
The Holy Qur'an says: You are the best of people evolved for mankind, You enjoin what is right
and forbid what is wrong; and you believe in God (AI 'Imran 3:110). Also: Thus we have made you a people justly balanced (of the Middle Path) so that you could be a witness (an example) to people and (just as) the Prophet is to you (al-Baqarah 2:143).".
Islam can really lead the modern world as it did before if Muslims are serious. All of the free and fair objectives of the UN are the real responsibilities to shoulder by the Islamic Leadership as prescribed in the Qur'an. Read me here in you like: http://salimullah1.blogspot.com.ng/2009/05/forgotten-mission-by-muslims.html

A Historical Reminder
Since Islam is a self-esteem religion and a faith that inspires leadership, its real functionality, dynamicity and versatility is tested and proven only when it assumes responsibility. It can never be a camp follower as it can lead the caravan of life. History has a proof on how Islam had once excelled and ruled the world. Muslim world Leadership recorded certain achievements when Islam had a controlling hand in the affairs of the world and had the opportunity to design and lead life according to its own special genius. Muslims had once blessed life by giving it faith and knowledge, fraternity, justice and self-confidence. They prepared and trained men to bring out, through constant effort and endless toil, the hidden potentialities of life so that it could develop and flower into a just, healthy and balanced system. By a correct appraisal of men and their aptitudes, Islam put the right people in the right place for the
reconstruction and development of life and took from each according to his worth.
This was the nature of Islam when it ruled the world. Then came a period whereby Islam lost its leadership. This was mainly due to the failure of the Muslims to efficiently sustain and discharge the great responsibility of the trusteeship of mankind which Islam had enjoined upon them.
Based on the above, we have all reasons to aspire for the restoration of Muslim world Leadership. In fact it is a religious duty which we shall be asked upon.

This is what Allah want from us as Muslims. Do it or reject it! That is how it is all; no third way.
To close this treatise, I will employ Abul Hassan Ali Nadwi where he writes in his book:
"The call of Islamic world is to believe in God, in the Prophet and in Divine leadership. The consequence of such a faith would be emergence from darkness to light, from the worship of human beings to the worship of God, from the narrowing circumstances of this world to the expanse of the universe, from tyranny and injustice to the justice, equality and fraternity of Islam. The supreme importance of such a message today is obvious that it is easier to appreciate it in the present age in which ignorance stands exposed and its hidden evils unmasked. The whole world has become tired of it. It is therefore, precisely the time when the world could turn from the present leadership to the leadership that Islam offers, provided the Islamic world awakes and adopts with conviction and sincerity, determination and courage the message of Islam and believes firmly that Islam alone can save humanity from degradation and ruin". (p.5)

May Allah restore our Past glory and increase us guidance and self-confidence.

Salimullah