News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Hausa Praise Singing (Rok'o)

Started by sdanyaro, October 20, 2002, 07:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdanyaro

Assalamu alaikum,

Thanks to everyone here at this Forum.

My question is, What is the significance of praise songs as it relates to prominence and status.

gogannaka

Praise singing as i believe is a bad culture that should be discouraged...all it does is encourage arrogance.......

Although wedding occasions would be a little bit boring without the praise singers.......

amma dai gaskiya it should be discouraged, yaya za'a a ce mutum wai sana'ar sa wai roko.it's wrong and the prophet(saw)said anyone that involves himself in begging has opened up for himself the doors of poverty.......Allah ya kiyaye...
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Anonymous

Iam of the opinion that roko is part and passel of the hausa culture, so therefor to stop it at this stage is rather a difficult task that will be hard to achive, especialy now that so many marokas have made good furtune out of the profession.
people like Alhaji Mamman Shata, Alhaji Haruna oji,Alhaji Garba supa, and so on. all have achived their populerity through roko. more so an avrage hausa man will always employ the servicies of maroka whenever he or she have a wedding or naming seremony at hand. so maroka are part of us period.thanks.

Anonymous