News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Cika-Ciki

Started by Muhammad, March 09, 2003, 01:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaqueen

QuoteFyne dyme u made me laff till I fell 2 da ground, meye miyan sallah kuma lol, I pray make 1/2sy comot from that asibiti make she cum help me laff you.....
I can't wait for cika-cika, although i no dey for house but I go chop belle full. Guys akwai azumi da akeyi on the cika-cki day ( that;s thursday ba?) Allah ya bamu ikon yi, AMin

ok.. i found out from my mom that "us" the "kids" in the house made that up.. when ever we say "miyan sallah" we mean, "miyan ganye"... cuz thats wut my mom always does on Sallah!...lol.. no laff, u hear?

by the way.. wouldnt cika-ciki.. be sumthing like jahilci.. since its kaman "addition"... or is it like a "buda baki"?

eeeeww intestines.. i bet u eat the brain too.. lol...
KE ummita, if u heat sausage.. its all intestines and other ish
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Guduma

A very interesting topic there, Amin. In Hausa/fulani culture one finds a lot of traditions that are supposed to be outlived, but due to the nature of those traditions, and the interest people have in them, they remain quite interesting and an enigma sort of, to the people that practice them.
Ordinarily, if one were to take to the teachings of the Holy Prophet of Islam, where he was reported to have said a person should devide his stomach for three purposes only, that is, one portion of it for FOOD, the second for WATER while the third for air (breathing) then one is bound to eat only a meal that will fill 1/3 of his stomach. But people however assume that one must eat a heap of food on that cika ciki day. I will like to believe that on cika ciki day, no one should be left with an empty stomach, a day where people cook food and distribute freely to any needy ones to cika cika, but not "tam, tam!" ;D

Anonymous

ummita I definitely think just like you.