News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Do we really need solace???!!!!!

Started by kilishi, July 23, 2003, 07:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummita

QuoteWe need solace Kilishi but are we ready 4 it?

Nah Waz, d question iz, r they ready 2 provide us with cousellin?

Who on earth wud deny a helpin hand in tyms of desperation? Of course no one wud, but r they prepared 2 give us cousellin?
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

kilishi

QuoteNah Waz, d question iz, r they ready 2 provide us with cousellin?

Who on earth wud deny a helpin hand in tyms of desperation? Of course no one wud, but r they prepared 2 give us cousellin?

am confused ma self,dont know who is responsible,is it the person giving the counselling or the one recieving :-/ :-[
ilishi

ummita

am confused ma self,dont know who is responsible,is it the person giving the counselling or the one recieving :-/ :-[

Kinger, Kilishi mah dear, in a world inhibited by Human Beings.............we all need solace. We need perfect hearings from our parents, wifes, husbands,freinds, relatives & even our own children.

Kilishi, in this world everybody gat issues. We all need tissues to wipe away our issues. Major or minor issue.

On d other hand, not every1 is ready 2 hear out & help out! Alot of ppl r in a dilemma but not all r ready 2 listen. There r alot of 'em out there that du not wan2 render help 2 anyone who is in problem.

Personally, d way I c councellin, its lyk a process of helpin ppl 2 recognise their feelings 'bout problems, finding solutions or learning 2 deal with or live with a situation.

Now who should b responsible 2 Listen 2 all these? Back 2 square one, d question u asked! Now d ppl who r responsible, not responsible in a way but d ppl who hav profession in d field of helpin others in a way......we cud well refer 2 them as councellors. These bodies r being set up 2 listen 2 grievances, handle disputes, deal with ppl with improper behaviour or assist ppl under-goin xssesive work-related stress!!!!!!

It is d counsellors responsibilities 2 give advice 2 those in problem, 2 encourage a change in behaviour 2 those with bad behaviour, 2 advice ppl 2 take difficult decisions, 2 alter ppl'z perception of their issues.

D aim of counsellin is not 2 impose solutions rather 2 help ppl 2 learn how 2 overcome difficulties & tyk appropriate decisions. So all in all......................counsellors r needed 2 render a proposed solutions 2 ppl. As I stated earlier..........no human would deny a helpin hand in tyms of desperation & need! Howeva not every1 is ready 2 offer d helpin hand, not even some Nigerian counsellors themselves!They only claim d cord COUNSELLORS, but su they offer d best advice?

kilishi

What i think is the nature of the society,not every one you confided on will be able to keep that as a secret between you and him,you kniow when somebodyis in dilemma and seek a helping hand he tries all he could to set the records straight,atimes something you couldn't even have talke with your close ally,you said to that counsellor,which you will later feel ashame of,and that person will use that as a tool to torment you later,that is why may be alot of people keep things to themselves.
ilishi

Anonymous

Hey guys start consoling yourselves b4 extending it to other people ;D

Anonymous

D aim of counsellin is not 2 impose solutions rather 2 help ppl 2 learn how 2 overcome difficulties & tyk appropriate decisions. So all in all......................counsellors r needed 2 render a proposed solutions 2 ppl. As I stated earlier..........no human would deny a helpin hand in tyms of desperation & need! Howeva not every1 is ready 2 offer d helpin hand, not even some Nigerian counsellors themselves!They only claim d cord COUNSELLORS, but su they offer d best advice?

Yes, that one of course is a gud one. But yet I still ask: Are we really ready to take counsel even though we know we need.

Uhm to all I say like Michael Boulton would say " Lean on me..."

kilishi

Yes, that one of course is a gud one. But yet I still ask: Are we really ready to take counsel even though we know we need.

Uhm to all I say like Michael Boulton would say " Lean on me..."

Yes i think i can now  say[confidentially] that we are really ready for takin consolation,the society is rotten,people are suffering,alot of people are waiting for green light to burst out their problem,so is only they the counsellors that are not ready to help.
ilishi

Eskimo

color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

ummita

Even an insane person is in need of help and would be ready to cooperate and seek conselling talkless of a  person in the right mental capacity.........of course if anybody needs help he or she would seek help because they need help!!!!! and are ready to have other helping hand involved in their situation *(signs)* Plz dont say r ppl ready 4 it again.......becauseeeeeeee theyyyyyyyy rrrrrr!!! *(signs)

Waziri

Even an insane person is in need of help and would be ready to cooperate and seek conselling talkless of a ?person in the right mental capacity.........of course if anybody needs help he or she would seek help because they need help!!!!! and are ready to have other helping hand involved in their situation *(signs)* Plz dont say r ppl ready 4 it again.......becauseeeeeeee theyyyyyyyy rrrrrr!!! *(signs)

Yes, even an insane person is in need of help but does that means it is counselling he needs??

There is wide gap of difference between help as our people understand it and counselling.

Ppl may be ready to take help(depending on what help means to them) but may not be ready to take counsel, which is what I am interested in.

For our ppl mostly like speaking or even sometimes sparking ;D than listening which is the ingridient in taking counsel.

Bashir

solace n counselling is ok for sissies, wimps n women. but for us macho guys. we r strong n silent. we r d shoulders for women (fine women that is) to cry on. we bottle everything up. we dont even swallow hard. yeah, now for me to watch WWF.

kilishi

Quotesolace n counselling is ok for sissies, wimps n women. but for us macho guys. we r strong n silent. we r d shoulders for women (fine women that is) to cry on. we bottle everything up. we dont even swallow hard. yeah, now for me to watch WWF.

O k,women do need shoulders to lean on,but as for guys with broken heart......................... :o ;D
ilishi

Hafsy_Lady

Even the men themselves need couselling after a hard days job with so many insults you have digested in from your boss and maybe the wife is giving him a hard time or maybe he is facing financial difficulties...........some of them go back straight and lay it out for sweet mother who will respond giving soothing advice and OGA MACHO WANNA BE (BASHIR) dey talk say counselling are only for sissies, wait till you fall inlove and the girl dey give you hard time naso you go carry leg waka go meet yuwa sista for advice. I have seen people like you ::)
What you see is what you get[/b]

Bashir

Eskimo

You are right Half_s_y! until he gets a 'macho' girl whose heart is made up of the same macho flesh he claim to have on his shoulders.

Who knows he might end up leaning on her shoulder ;D

mhn mhn Bashir everyone needs counsels.

please better apply so that i can be your personal councellor. ;D
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]