News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

BID'AH, DOES IT STAND AS A BARRIER?

Started by ummita, December 12, 2003, 04:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummita

Salamz 2 everyone.

Am posing an issue that I feel we need 2 hav an insight on, we need discussin. I do not have d knowledge on this aspect but I believe we could all learn from each other. Been wondering about the significance of Islam & so many  discrepancies that surrounds bid'a. What are your views on this?

I have seen & heard where alot of Islamic countries & muslim brothers & sistas have always rejected Bid'a, technically, to me Bid'ah is juss like
(the unfounded innovation) though as much as ppl fought agaisnt Bid'a it has it stayed on the right path and its light remained shinning :-/ Infact some ppl influenced their inner being & subjected 2Bid'a

Of course some would deny d fact, however alot of ppl, agree 2 disagree have! Bida' happens when d religious subconscious weakened & at the same period when Bid'a started spreading & finding its way & havin followers & supporters. Now this is where I would say alot of ppl do satify that class & they hav much aswell strenghten Bida'h & we ended up havin so differences in beliefs.

Maulud celebration sum said its bid'a sum said others. I dont not know which is which. There are so many things which r bid'a...........so many 2 even mention.........however sum of d issue in concern is with "BIKI" northern nikah for marriage some ppl do alot of bid'a. Northern culture with the "BIKI" thing is bcumin  sum wat a value & norm for women wear too much, d most xpensive 2 show off....which is absoultely haram! Toh Apart from that, den comes xtravagancy........wat do dey call it? "Spree ko spray" Money is poured on couples like theres no 2moro, money is being matched on d floor, sum ppl even make dress patterns out of money & some of these ppl r muslims? Yet sumwhere a muslim soul is lookin 4 wat 2 eat?  If trully ppl wan2 rejoice, & lavish u with money on ur weddin day, they can simpe stash it in an envelope, or get u sumthing shikenan......... Then we have d dancin, women  belongin 2 husbands of others & men belonging 2 wives of others, young girls & boys.....& all joined up dancing 2 d rythm of music.....Imagine! and we call our selves muslims and we want hidayats?. A sensible Nikah should only b done according 2 d rules of what is in the books. Naming ceremonies & birthday parties, dancing, which have music & spraying of money is all bid'aaaaa. Hardly ppl nowadays juss 2 d slautherin & bless d child , nope sum dance .......& wen child grows up 2 bcum a nuisance....parents will b puttin question mark...whilst ryt from birth parents were rejoicin with shaytan & crew.

Indeed it does touch our faith, morals and Loss of values have subsequently led  ppl 2 slowly pull away from their religion, while at the same time thinkin "what harm is it to dance a little in front of 80 men am juss rejoicing because its my sisters weddin" (Now how we gonna get Hidayat?)

Bid'ah does & has correpted some of our muslim brothers & sister. Bid'ah has brainswashed some minds with negative views. Some say its not Bid'a but culture, what ever d case might b culture or no culture our religon is one and one only! There isnt any difference with regards 2 Islam & any culture or is there? :-/ If not then dont u think Bid'ah sort of stands as a barrier, a shield & which affects d world of islamicity?

Bid'a emerged fast 2 d point where it competed against d true religion & Sunnah. The situation started 2 deteriorate 2 d point where, if Bid'a was being fought, many would claim that the true Sunnah is at risk. So what can we do 2 avoid risking Sunnah? Maybe stop bid'a, maybe it will b impossible? Mayb ppl wouldnt like d idea? Mayb there isnt any problem with that & mayb it is not affecting religion or mayb d most .....is that is is simply acceptable & does not serve as a barrier? I dont know what all of wuna think!!! Or mayb I was merely ranting!

Hafsyyyyyyyyyyy.U r 1st class, u know wat am tlkin bout but :-X(she laffs)
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Ibro2g

To my best knoledge ( ;DIf I still have any :( ) Bid'ah is any act not done by Prophet Mohammad SAW, or the four guided caliphs. And as we all know, too many new things that didng exist in that era now exists. So preety much of our lives is filled with Bid'ah. Yet I also know of a Hadith that says, "He whosoever brings something that is not part of our teachings, then we are not with him or(in another hadith) it is not accepted". The Islamic teachings has to do with good and bad or right and wrong, that is why to my understanding and that of some of my friends, Bid'ah comes in two forms; The good and bad Bid'ah. There are things that were never seen or known to the prophet or the caliphs today, yet good. And in unravelling islamic principles then they are "accepted". Example is Kanoonline etc, I could go on. And there are bad Bid'ahs too which are simply a heredity of the evils of that era. Whatever is bad is bad and whatever is good is good.
  But some Mallamai even describe Bid'ah to b something the prophet didnt describe as Ibadah, and one does it "believing" it is Ibadah.
 I shall rest here.....Allah knows best
Safety and Peace

Humrah

Sister Ummita, U've made a very good point here. I hope the Hausa people will drop all these cultural practices. My tribe also is engrossed in  these kinds pf things, infact it is everywhere across the Muslim World. I believe we have to work harder.

Hafsy_Lady

Hafsyyyyyyyyyyy.U r 1st class, u know wat am tlkin bout but :-X(she laffs)

Ummita your head like my owhn ::)

Well for this topic Bid'ah includes so many things. Nowadays any wedding or ceremony or any get together if that element of music beats is not available people hardly turn up.
I mean it is true what you said we are the onces influencing this acts.

Its just like Humrah said if we drop those cultures however it is also like Ummita said even when ppl fought agaisnt Bid'a it has it stayed on the right path and its light remained shinning  Infact some ppl influenced their inner being & subjected 2Bid'a

I hardly contribute to topics cuz I never consider things serious I like joking around because life aint about alwayssssss taking issues serious but living a happly life.

However I will say a few. You know what annoys me sometimes some Jihadist (ppl) could be called bid'ah doers  because if we should include in the list of those Muslims who contribute, inadvertently or otherwise, to the notion that Islam equals fundamentalism which equals terrorist violence, like the suicide bombings in Israel to be unequivocally Islamic, which is a legitimate form of self defense right? I pointed out to a freind of mine who is has been ranting that he will join the war front this and that or he will set up a bomb and bomb so so & so  but that in accordance with the examples of the Prophet (pbuh), "jihad" is built upon the foundations of justice and compassion, not terror abi no bi so? So there can be no justification in the primary sources of the Shariah for suicide bombing, meaning that its truly a "bid`a" or innovation of the worst kind.

I mean just like what Bin Laden did! I am not in support why because, ok! maybe things were tense between muslims & dem, but no one made any move to make matters worse. Ok! nothing happened, just one day out of the gloom his co-allies jetted off & blew down the trade center, killing thousand & killing their selves (those who carried the act itself) now This has worsened the situation of all or most of the muslim ummah and the greates jihadist as they so say, is even no where to be found ::) worsened our situation & has left us to pick up the peices. Meanwhile pulling started shouting "Allah Akbar" Bin Laden has done us Jihad, however jihad is only built upon the foundations of justice & companionship
What you see is what you get[/b]

Hafsy_Lady

Bid'ah is something that is not part of religion, its something people adopt out of culture. Like spraying of money during weddings. Allah forbids extravagancy and who so ever throws away money will surely look for it, just imagine that Aisha Babangidas wedding how money was matched as a carpet, how women & men joined up and danced how money was waisted whilst thousands of beggers were packed in that town of Minna. And they so called theirselves muslims. Most mulim ppl carry out bid'ah

Allah dai ya sawake.
What you see is what you get[/b]

Waziri

1/2sy, my joke mate,

It never crossed my mind you could be this serious. I love your arguments. But yet I will want to stress that Osama or Alqaeda network or even Muslims did not bomb out the WTC.

If you can still remember , the USA is yet to produce any tangible prove to the veracity of their claims. It is unfortunate that what we are made to take as correct opinions are nothing more than a mere ranting of the Media which unconciously come to dominate our mind as the irrefutable truth.

Yet 1/2 sy I like everything of your post and I am sure our poetic Umiita and the laconic Humrah not to talk of ma hommy, Ibro2g have all learnt from your beautiful presentation.

thank you

Muhammad

Salam
Ummita you really did raise a very important issue. Bidi'a is widespread amongst all muslim communities especially ours. Great credits has to be given to Mallam Abubakar Gummi for his head on approach to this cancer eating at the fabric of our religion. One has to be optimistic that the islammiya concept of educating the young ones is gaining more ground.
may Allah help us all.

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Bid'a is forbidden, as you ulama have stated above. Those who, during the occassion of their wedding, spray money and indulge in other practices of kuffar-like celebration, riyah and wastages are ultimately inviting the curse of Al Mighty Allah in their family. May Allah continue to guide us-amiyn.

EMTL.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).