News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Game: Ask the Person Below You

Started by Muhsin, December 13, 2007, 01:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IBB

IHS

Muhsin

Thank you so much BKGZ, GGNK, EMTL and of course everybody for your kind hints and the likes. Appreciate it sosai.

Back to business:
Quote from: IBB on November 22, 2008, 01:19:38 AM
Quote from: gogannaka on November 21, 2008, 05:53:42 AM
Next question: Which Surah do you most often recite in prayer?

Fatiha

That is true, IBB. Everyone recites Fatiha most often--always. Amma GGNK means beside it, ko ba hakaba?

I recite Suratul Ikhlas.

Same question?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

GoodFella

Quote from: gogannaka on November 21, 2008, 05:53:42 AM
Thanks for the advice EMTL.

Muhsin i googled your questioned and ga results:

Reason to Name Hurricanes
Experience shows that the use of short, distinctive names in written as well as spoken communications is quicker and less subject to error than the older, more cumbersome latitude-longitude identification methods. These advantages are especially important in exchanging detailed storm information between hundreds of widely scattered stations, coastal bases, and ships at sea.

The use of easily remembered names greatly reduces confusion when two or more tropical storms occur at the same time. For example, one hurricane can be moving slowly westward in the Gulf of Mexico, while at exactly the same time another hurricane can be moving rapidly northward along the Atlantic coast. In the past, confusion and false rumors have arisen when storm advisories broadcast from radio stations were mistaken for warnings concerning an entirely different storm located hundreds of miles away.

More info @ http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames_history.shtml

Next question: Which Surah do you most often recite in prayer?

Tnx ggnk. I had been confused also by these weird names.
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Right here  :D

Who is your favourite Nigerian president and why?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

ajingi

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Muhsin

LOL ;D ajingi.
W.A.I kawai?

You break the thread's rule; you must ask another question.

Dan-Borno

Ajingi is right mana, W.A.I mana, it makes sense.

Should sex education be introduced in our
post-primary schools?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

IBB

What's post primary? U mean secondary schools. I agree and see the need for sex education, ideally for those in senior classes.

MY QUESTION:
If you agree/disagree with me. Why?
IHS

gogannaka

I don't agree with you IBB because we have survived well without sex education being taught in our schools.

May i ask what sex education means?

IBB

Sex education is educating the younger generation about the dangers involve in unwanted sex and how to prevent, reduce and avoid such dangers associated with unwanted sex.

It enlights the teenagers about safe sex.

Having sex at early age these days is becoming inevitable, so they have to be educated.

Taken religious point of view into consideration, when educating the teenagers about sex can help as well.

Question:
Do you see the need for sex education now?
IHS

HUSNAA

I think we had this discussion before in some thread that is now obscurely buried inside the forum. I think its a good idea to provide sex education for children and not only at post primary but at primary sch. Infact sex education starts right at the age when kids are around 5 yrs old, so that they can get out of the clutches of paedophiles. Remember the 7 and 9 yr old little girls who get raped. If they had been made aware that such could happen to them earlier, they might have run away from the situations.
When my daughter was about five yrs old or so, I began to warn her of men touching her up or calling her as we lived in an unguwa which wasnt GRA then and u cant stop kids going out of the house when u cant accompany them. Sure enough one day she was conversing with me and she said mama I was walking with so and so from arabic sch and a man saw me and called me and I told him my mother told me never to go to strangers and I ran away. So u c it works. Kids are much much smarter than we give them credit for, and they become less vulnerable if we apprise them of possible dangers to themselves when we cant do anything about it. Like I always say, telling kids about sex doesnt have to be in a dirty way. It should be in a way in which they respect it and know the pros and cons of  it. It doesnt mean that they start to indulge in it just because they know how to protect themselves from it. It is better that u teach yr kids or a sch professional teaches them, rather than they find out from their friends outside the house, something which is dangerous to say the least.

My Que: So what do others think?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

IBB do you know what is meant by safe sex?
You can have sex with someone that you aren't married to but in a safe manner. A manner in which you cannot contact HIV. An example is using the various safe sex measures. At least that is what the HIV awareness people define safe sex.

Husnaa,if only majority of the people will go to school it would have been good. The parents should first be the ones responsible for their children's sex education. Teaching it in schools can be a controversial thing especially in our kind of society where the word sex is a taboo. However with adequate knowledge and propaganda it can work.

Next question: How would you answer a small girl or boy if he/she asked you what is meant by gays or lesbians?

Fateez

Husnaa that's really good! We got the "watch out for paedophiles" talk when I was in primary

school and I couldn't be more thankful for it! It teaches you vigilance and puts you one step

ahead of the sick perverts!

It's not just about going to school Gogannaka. I think it is extremely important that children

especially pubescent children to be educated to an extent because like it or not, they are going

to explore by themselves. Might as well explain the consequences to them in a safe controlled

environment before they do anything stupid.

About parents, in an idealistic world that will work. But realistically? These are northern parents

you're talking about o! Hmmm, a few years ago I was sitting with my mum and having a friendly

debate about IVF (in-vitro fertilisation) and how it's the way forward. We were chatting about whether

it's haram or halal when an aunt came in. Anyways, the talk went on into the levonogestrel and the

risk of ectopic pregnancies. After I left to pray, I overheard this woman tell my mum to "be careful

with this your daughter, her eye is too open. She's still young and she knows too much." I didn't know

what was more disturbing; that she thinks It's shameful to know about risks that could affect any

woman out there or the fact that she thinks at that age, I was too young to know such. I immediately

felt worried for her daughters. Parents need to be more open. Many of these parents are living in a

fool's paradise. It's all fun and games ... until a daughter gets knocked up!

Awareness is everything. When people fall victim of their ignorance the stigma could haunt them for

the rest of their lives. One of my closest friends was assaulted as a child and even though it's over

15 years ago, she's still having problems getting her life together. Abun tausayi Wallahi. It psychologically

destroys a person beyond explanation. Now that's a reported case, think about the ones that were swept

under the carpet or the unreported cases that evolve into repressed anger.

In some countries, pubescent children are given computerized baby that acts like a normal one. You

need to feed it, change diapers, rock it till it burps and most importantly the baby cries! A lot! And

when it cries, you have to calm it down like you would a real baby. If you don't treat the baby well

(i.e. calm it down when it cries, hold it wrongly etc), it'll be recorded and you'll fail the subject. The

aim is to show the teenagers how excruciatingly difficult it is to raise a baby at such a young age and

as a result, the students abstain - well most of them. Bottom line is that it works. I know this isn't practical

considering the population in Nigeria, but the message can be conveyed differently. Teach the boys

responsibility and the girls to protect themselves and their bodies. It's not just about AIDS awareness but

other STIs, consent, the dangers of abortion and you can also throw in religion while you're at it. You'd be

surprised how fear can control them. What better place to pass on this information by the masses than schools?

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

MySeLf

Hhmm, Complex issue! ???... Sometime I felt telling children about sex will make them curious/anxious, though I see
it necessary in the western world where sex is rampant and in d open..... But is't that Important in our society?
I doubt.... No harm in warning our young girls never to go with strangers and Inappropriate behaviors of some men
towards them which include their own male relative, cos it do happen in the house sometime.... But not actually telling them about safe sex, that sex and that sex as they do in the west.. that just sound like giving permission to me but be careful....
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!