News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Shekarau's governance!

Started by Dan-Borno, May 14, 2009, 10:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malanyaya

Salam, Dan Barno I am very suprise with your confessing, of supporting Shekarau Presidential ambition. Do you think an average citizen beyond Kano area where all the rhetoric and cacaphony is aware of Shekarau ambition, NO NO NO. Let advise those campaigners they better encourage the Governor to finish or improve on the works he is doing before end of his tenure, rather than wasting his time and people resources in political manouver of stopping a certain Presidential aspirant from contesting forthcoming election(2010).

Muhsin

Quote from: malanyaya on June 27, 2009, 10:24:04 PM
Salam, Dan Barno I am very suprise with your confessing, of supporting Shekarau Presidential ambition. Do you think an average citizen beyond Kano area where all the rhetoric and cacaphony is aware of Shekarau ambition, NO NO NO. Let advise those campaigners they better encourage the Governor to finish or improve on the works he is doing before end of his tenure, rather than wasting his time and people resources in political manouver of stopping a certain Presidential aspirant from contesting forthcoming election(2010).

Very good input, Malanyaya.
Welcome aboard!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Haladu

Please let Kanoonline rise above the ordinary. We should go beyond personalities. Kano needs issues discussed by people from all shades of political, religious and ethnic or whatever differences.

It is true I have seen, with my own eyes, similar scenes in South Africa, Washington, New York etc, but our concern is Kano. Local cleanliness translate into global cleanliness. We should not adress issues as Shekarau, Fashola, or whoever. That fuels sentiments. When discussions are sentimentalized, they loose focus and reason. Every individual has strengths and weaknesses. That is why we are human.

I am responding to you not from kano city or Nigeria, but somewhere on a duty tour outside the continent. I am sure many are reading this outside Nigeria. If we concentrate on trivialities, broad minds will keep off. Let us remain focussed.

Can we provide good insights for development to assist the government think of the things we want to see? Shekarau, as a person, can not see and hear everything about kano problems. We are the ambassadors. Let us hear and see for him/them and find creative ways of drawing their attention.

Thank you

Muhsin

You are welcome aboard, Haladu. Hope you'll be having a great time with us.

I sincerely respect your comments I so far read there and here. You certainly have a point. Yet what you think cannot be actually done, for it'll be simply futile. Sorry.

And regarding your saying that we are the ambassadors, yes I agree with you to a certain degree and at the same time I disagree with that assertion. Why? Every government have its council members, commissioners, advisers, chairmen, councilors, etc. If you think what we say here would be of much significant to gov't what of what these bodies would (and are supposed to) say. They should be what they should be, i.e. mouthpiece for masses. But here is just a platform for a mere discussion.

More over, I, in particular, had been an ardent supporter of Shekarau. But he, out-and-out, is not what he seems as--saint, responsible, dedicated, and the likes. I can, aptly, say he's a wolf in sheep's cloth. Let me tell you; I even gave money to people to vote for him. Yet he unjustly maltreats us, cold-shoulders us, destroyed my business place, let people of his gov't embezzles and loots money and build mansion, prioritizes a sect of people who were during his election his mortal enemies--all in the name of Sharia? What is Shari'a here? What amongst all these actions and inactions mean emulating the good leadership of Umar Bin Khattab, which he proclaims emulating? Kai! Lets be realistic and judge things fairly? Lets not just waste time in trying to justifying unjustifiable?  Shekarau is no more the Shekarau of 2003-2007.

Let me stop here, for I get lots to do on the net. Have a good evening.

Thanks
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Quote from: Haladu on June 30, 2009, 02:46:02 PM
Please let Kanoonline rise above the ordinary. We should go beyond personalities. Kano needs issues discussed by people from all shades of political, religious and ethnic or whatever differences.

It is true I have seen, with my own eyes, similar scenes in South Africa, Washington, New York etc, but our concern is Kano. Local cleanliness translate into global cleanliness. We should not adress issues as Shekarau, Fashola, or whoever. That fuels sentiments. When discussions are sentimentalized, they loose focus and reason. Every individual has strengths and weaknesses. That is why we are human.

I am responding to you not from kano city or Nigeria, but somewhere on a duty tour outside the continent. I am sure many are reading this outside Nigeria. If we concentrate on trivialities, broad minds will keep off. Let us remain focussed.

Can we provide good insights for development to assist the government think of the things we want to see? Shekarau, as a person, can not see and hear everything about kano problems. We are the ambassadors. Let us hear and see for him/them and find creative ways of drawing their attention.

Thank you

Kaga Mallam Halladu, let sleeping dogs lie! When we want to discuss the issues we will, when we want to discuss ppl we will. Let the administrator censor what we write. If you dont like readiing about ppl, I am sure there are many many other threads which will satisfy yr fastidiousness. As for us, kyale mu yadda ka same mu, or at least ni dai kyale ni yadda ka tarar da ni.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Hahaha. . . ;D ;D ;D Husnaa. That frank? Don't send him away that soon, right? ;)

HUSNAA

I am not sending him away, Muhsin, I am taking exception to that superior patronizing tone of voice/writing. After all the guy just joined the forum. My guess is that this is probably the only thread or forum (general board at least) he has read and  he is already prejudging ppl.

Lawwali

Good Mallam Haladu, issues should be discussed as that brings progress, But we equally have discuss personalities in Nigeria and Kano in particular Because personalities have persistently blocked the way of progress. Also as Husnaa said, when issues are best to be discussed they should be discussed, and when personalities are best to be discussed so be it. Even in advanced democracies such is obtainable. Remember the recent episode of House of commons Expenses scandal. But Husnaa please soft peddal on Mr Haladu.

Coming to the issue of Sahara reporters' reports, I cannot believe them as long as I will not believe shekarau and his collaborators' innocence in most of the charges libelled against them. More over, I did not believe in their shariacracy since its inception, because I know it is shallow, Hollow, superficial and ill conceived. moreover for me shekarau is a representation of failure. But in the content of that link posted by DB sahara reporters are terrably lying that 6 out of 10 youths in Kano are drugg addicts. DB, Husnaa, Muhsin, GGK, and all those that know kano knows that is this Greatest lie of this century.

Also on the issue of Zainab Hamza's show (although the content and scope of the show was detailed in the report), Kano is not and will never be a home to shameless Beauty or shameless tailoring design talent show that will be a parade of nudity. It is alien to our culture and Religion, this even the Ben Bruce Murray (Chief sponsor or coordinator of the Beauty show polarised northern Nigeria) Knows this well. We in Kano are muslims and unrepenant ones for that matter. we cannot be hypocritical about that. No matter How we can be civilised it should not be at the expense of our religious values and good cultural norms. Look at the picture of zainab in that report, does she represents our religious or Cultural values? please ladies and gentlemen in this forum let call a spsde with its own name.

At least, here i will support shekarau if he is behind the stoppage of that Zainab show. And for the invited guests to that show who are there because kano is devoid of lively activities (as saharareporters pointed) let anybody that is in desire of shameless activities to while away ideal time go back to where gets them.

kano people shall remein steadfast in defence of Decency.
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

Haladu

Thanks everybody for the different opinions. To Hussana i will say if what i said did not go down well with you, i personally apoligize unreservedly. You may be surprised that the person you think sounds judgemental and all-knowing is but a learner. Is true i have joined kanoonline just relatively recently, but i thought every comer has something to contribute, at least potentially. I will not say your reaction will send me away as a brother thinks, but it may limit what i contribute.

Iwill defintely not discuss personalities in the name of politics. Enough of that i hear on radio stations in kano. However, remember even such discussions go on every day on radio, we are where we are today. Meaning we have not progressed politically. I wonder if such will produce a different result on this forum.

Let keep on.

Muhsin

Malam/Alhaji Haladu,

You surely presented a cogent point. But if you read what I had posted yesterday, i.e. a reply to your first reaction, I express the fruitlessness of doing what you think should be rather adherently done here. These people are more than blind, deaf and dump when it comes to accepting truth. Remember Shekarau vs Ribadu and indictment scandal before his re-election? Many people came out and advised your man (Shekarau) on how to deal with the problem at stake. But it was only one youth in the name of Ja'afar something and Dan Bilki Commander (if I recall aright) names he came out foolishly and childishly calling. You see! They listen to hard talks and ignore soft ones.

And, as you indirectly said you won't be contributing immensely as you might have geared up doing initially. Hope you'll discard this thought and rescind your decision. We welcome all kind of contributions, insultive and  abusive ones exclusive.

Wish all of us all the best.     

HUSNAA

Quote from: Haladu on July 01, 2009, 09:06:14 AM
Thanks everybody for the different opinions. To Hussana i will say if what i said did not go down well with you, i personally apoligize unreservedly. You may be surprised that the person you think sounds judgemental and all-knowing is but a learner. Is true i have joined kanoonline just relatively recently, but i thought every comer has something to contribute, at least potentially. I will not say your reaction will send me away as a brother thinks, but it may limit what i contribute.

Iwill defintely not discuss personalities in the name of politics. Enough of that i hear on radio stations in kano. However, remember even such discussions go on every day on radio, we are where we are today. Meaning we have not progressed politically. I wonder if such will produce a different result on this forum.

Let keep on.

Mallam Haladu u are not a Bahaushe/Bakano surely? or u wouldnt spell my name so atrociously!!! Dont let me spoil yr fun on Kano online, so dont limit yr potential contributions because of some non poisonous venom emanating from my end. I get lots of it believe me, and I've learnt to live with it and give as good as I get when I can.
So have a good time, live and let live and let me write what I please (within reasonable bounds).

Dan-Borno

you guys are distorting a very nice thread
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA