News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

THE MISSING PLANE

Started by Dan-Borno, March 26, 2008, 04:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

The saga over the missing plane is dividing the most
powerful group of gentlemen in the country.  The Senators
are asking the Minister of Aviation to resign while the
members of the House of Representatives disagree with
them.

I see no wisdom in the Minister resigning, because he is
still new in the Ministry.  The problem with our Aviation
Industry is an old one and can not be blamed on a person
who just came in barely a year.

Gaskiya its a shame to the country, in this time of technology,
we cant detect a missing plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am doubting our capability of going to war if that is the case.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

This missing plane saga is baffling.
How can a plane just disappear like that like some needle.

Imagine Nigeria asking Cameroun for assistance in finding the missing plane.
One starts to think maybe the pilots just flew away with the plane.They fit sell am for black market now!Abi?

The Nigerian airspace is s porous as our borders.During the Liberian war,Nigeria was surprised when it learnt from other sources that for 3 months,evry wednesday, planes loaded with refugees have been flying over the Nigerian airspace without ever being detected.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Bajoga

Quote from: Dan-Borno on March 26, 2008, 04:35:14 PM
The saga over the missing plane is dividing the most
powerful group of gentlemen in the country.  The Senators
are asking the Minister of Aviation to resign while the
members of the House of Representatives disagree with
them.

I see no wisdom in the Minister resigning, because he is
still new in the Ministry.  The problem with our Aviation
Industry is an old one and can not be blamed on a person
who just came in barely a year.

Gaskiya its a shame to the country, in this time of technology,
we cant detect a missing plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am doubting our capability of going to war if that is the case.

Salam!!!

Gaskiyarka DB, it's a very good ashame to Nigeria a wannan zamani na technology (as you said) ace wai plane was missed, kai wannan abin da ban haushi yake, anyway if that is the case wataranma the entire country ma zai bata kenan  :)

Allah ya tabbatar mana da gaskiya komai dachinta.

HASBUNALLAHI............

touche

You guys are complaining about a missing plane?!!! Have you forgotten about the 'missing' ship? Its not a new phenomenon. We have to tackle basic problems such as electricity and water before loosing sleep over faulty or non-existent radar systems.

I wonder what's going to 'miss' next? Zuma rock?  :)

Dan-Borno

Quote from: touche on March 27, 2008, 03:40:08 PM
You guys are complaining about a missing plane?!!! Have you forgotten about the 'missing' ship? Its not a new phenomenon. We have to tackle basic problems such as electricity and water before loosing sleep over faulty or non-existent radar systems.

;D  ;D good point touche, the problems are too numerous
to mention, the issue of water and electricity have become
our second skin that we no longer take them any serious,
Obasanjo spent his whole 8 years reviving the sector, but
the result was retrogression.

Quote from: touche on March 27, 2008, 03:40:08 PM
I wonder what's going to 'miss' next? Zuma rock?  :)

hahaha Zuma rock? you are welcome to Kanoonline, good start.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

*~MuDa~*

Gentlemen, ku taya ni addua, one of the pilots of the plane is a close relative of mine, i didnt know he was the pilot of the plane until two days later when we didnt hear from him, at the begining of the news i was kidding with my sister that it could be a typical example of LOST, the TV series, but then stopped, i even hope it will be so they should be mostly alive, may Allah have mercy to us all!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Ibro2g

Muda, May Allah protects us from the evil which we see and that which we do not, guide us to the right path in good and difficult times, Ameen. May your relative be return safe and free, Ameen.

Missing plane, missing ship, missing funds, missing projects.......We have become used to all these and more. And the event of the latest one will not change our attitude towards missing "subjects". We made ourselves acostomed to missing management, along with that everything could be misplaced. Untill this nation learns to be fully accountable, down to its clerks. We wil lcintinue to miss this and that.

Missing railways

missing generators

missing refinery plants

missing tractors of Katsina

Missing fertiliser trucks on the road

Missing WAEC/Jamb Results

Missing University results

Missing government accounts

Missing people here, missing money there

Missing bolt here, missing paper there

Like Bajoga said, even the country would go missing someday if we do not start being responsible and accountable.

May Safety and peace be with u all
Safety and Peace

King

I am surprised the Airport wasn't missing sef.  It shows how useless our country has become. The thing about Nigeria is that just when you think you've heard and seen it all, you hear something else that blows your mind. Wonders they say, shall never end. This is always the outcome when ex/current touts, rogues, and semi-literate cretins parade themselves are leaders and rulers of a nation.

Bajoga

Salam!!!

As we were all saying, this issue sai dai kawai muce Allah ya sauwake, but the only problem we have shine anya kuwa leaders dinmu suna da niyyar gyara akan wannan lamari kuwa? Nigerian problems are always increasing not decreasing, so maye mafita akan wannan issues?

HASBUNALLAHI............

manasmusa

Missing plane In nigeria? where is our settlite that is said to be used when ever there is such problems. ko shima tauraron ya bata ne?

Allah ya kyauta kaji jirgi ya bata in such a small journey sai kace Jaki.
Such is Allah your Rabb, His is the creation and...

Muhsin

SPASMODICALLY SHOCKING. :o :o :o
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

IBB

Quote from: Anas on March 29, 2008, 02:54:35 PM
where is our settlite that is said to be used when ever there is such problems. ko shima tauraron ya bata ne?

Allah ya kyauta kaji jirgi ya bata in such a small journey sai kace Jaki.

lol. Allah kyauta
IHS

Muhsin

Presidency queries NEMA over missing plane
From Emeka Anuforo,
Abuja
Guardian Newspaper
07/04/2008

FOR failing to mobilise enough team for the search of the missing Beachcraft 1900D aircraft, the Presidency has queried the management of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).

A source at the Presidency told The Guardian at the weekend that the Vice President's office was unhappy that weeks after the plane was declared missing, no progress had been made in its search.

The NEMA Director-General, Air Vice Marshal Audu Bida (rtd), is said to have responded to the query though details of his response were sketchy as at the time of filing this report.

Precisely, the VP's office is said to be worried that apart from NEMA's director, search and rescue, its South South zonal co-ordinator and the NEMA search and rescue helicopter, no serious presence of NEMA team had been noticed around the supposed area of the missing plane.

Equally worrisome, according to the source, is that most of the resources spent on mobilising people for the search came mostly from the Cross State government.

The Chairman of Yala Local Council of Cross River State was said to have been the one who actually mobilised the natives to comb the area for the plane when the news of its disappearance broke out.

Further investigation by The Guardian indicates that there are also issues around NEMA's inability to mobilise its Disaster Response Unit, which is a partnership between NEMA and the armed forces.

The DRUs, said to be about 57 in number and scattered across the country, is planned to engage military assistance during disasters and search and rescue efforts.

Meanwhile, there are indications that NEMA may have given up the search for the missing aircraft going by information obtained by The Guardian.

Sources at the domestic wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, where the NEMA search and rescue helicopter is based, disclosed that since the plane returned from a false lead on March 29, it had not left Abuja.

A statement by the agency's Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Mohammed Nakorji, late last week, confirmed this.

The statement entitled "Missing plane: The search so far," explained that "on Friday, March 21, 2008, search and rescue operations were suspended only to resume on Thursday, March 27, 2008 based on a lead. The operation was again suspended on March 29, 2008, after exhaustive combing of the area and nothing was found."

Further investigations revealed that NEMA actually had a false lead around Ekrop, some 27 kilometres to Obudu on March 27.

But, the statement, which maintained that NEMA had not foreclosed search efforts, gave an overview of how far the agency had gone in searching for the plane.

The statement added: "It would be recalled that on Saturday, March 15, 2008, a telephone call was placed to the MCC that a Beachcraft 1900D/prop aircraft belonging to Wings Aviation Limited was missing. Since then, the agency has embarked on search and rescue operations to locate the missing aircraft but to no avail. The agency also solicited additional support private/commercial helicopter operators, including Bristow, Mobil, Calvaton and Aero Contractor in its search and rescue efforts.

"It is worthy of note that in NEMA's efforts to locate the missing aircraft, search operations extended 27 nautical miles into Camerounian territory. A total of about 3, 600 sq kilometres was covered during the search while 60 flying hours was expended in the process of trying to locate the missing aircraft. The agency is also exploring ways of extending the search into Camerounian territory."
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

King

Ok, I am confused all over about this story. Did this plane go missing in flight? I mean, did it vanish during a routine flight? Or did it go missing while parked on a tarmac at an airport somewhere? Which is it? Does anyone know?
I ask this because the report says over 60 flight hours have been expended in aerial search across some vast territories in Nigeria. I mean if this wasn't a crash situation, why is the authorities conducting an aerial search as in a recovery mission? What makes them think they'll find the "missing" plane by flying aerial reconnaissance? What if the plane is in a hanger like warehouse, can aerial reconnaissance find it?

The other thing I find amazing, and others on this forum have mentioned it, is pathetic security situation. First off, are there no security at airport locations to ensure the safety of public and private property? If yes, how do things just 'walk' away from areas that are supposed to be highly secured? Who takes responsibility for these types of security breach? And look at this confusion, nobody from the government to the senate, or the aviation ministry knows who should be held to account. 

GoodFella

Thats shameful, amma ba kanmu farau ba because hakan ya taba faruwa a Indonisia, amma i cudn't remeber exactly when. kuma na san sun fimu cin gaba.
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)