News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Hausa Movies...

Started by Blaqueen, February 24, 2003, 03:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummita

Gimbz, ke kadai kika sani comin bck 2 this topic again.....I am so supa proud 2 call ma self hausa even though am Fuld........Y wud I wanna crtisize hausas..............but ke in ur own thinkin wud'hav, shud'hav cud' I have said oh those hausa showbiz is perfect & fast superior 2 lets say ..............a hausa gurl tryin to educate d illerates both healthwise & on religion?

I so much like it when ppl make a point in their view in a subject matter...but ...they come bck & ova rule it. Hear this... it came in ur own statements:

QuoteI guess if you are in the media/tech you will kind of understand that not everything that is created in films/entertainment/media people copy. in short anything that is meant to entertain is not meant for people to think thats way of life. All of you or most of you live outside of nija whcih means there is a different culture around you, does that mean you take all western cultures

Na kumer kina fada cewa:
QuoteI think they are telling the truth. Our culture do potray marriage since a baby girl is born so thats whats going on so that is why they make films about it. If you sit and watch hausa films then you will really know its actually happening in the society
Now up there, u said films are juss for entertainment, not for ppl to copycat it.....then further down in your quotes, u stated that these films teaches tradition and culture! U even said ur sib sister learnt 2 wear Trad clothes! So which is which? U r in support that it teaches culture.....so also u r not in support that it teaches culture........kinda confusin

Frankly speakin.............juss cuz some of them (xcludin me) happen 2 b livin outside & those livin outside happen to dislike hausa films doesnt mean they r not proud of hausa.
I 4 a fact am soooo proud 2 b 1/2 hausa, & a Nigerian ....even though things r not great in our dear country. I keep tradition so well........I love eatin tuwo & miyan kuka...(honestly thats ma fave food). I love wearin traditional clothes....I love livin in peace & harmony...my faith & religion I keep close 2 ma heart.....I respect elders.....I cova up as a gud muslim................Been 2 soooooo many Islamic confrences that I acquired great knowledge on marriages/Islam/Relationships

But then hausa films neva gave me any tutorials on how 2 du all these.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If @ all these films teaches culture..su wenda sunayin films wuren waye sun koya kuma sun san kan tradition & culture? The ansa is simple...culture & tradition which goes hand in hand has since 4 long been here b/4 Technology/media covarage/programmes/films bellanta d artist who shoot d films came to exist. Therefore........ I so disregard, these films. I know there r better perfect ways that our hausas can du than 2 shoot films esp matan, maza its kinda ok.....but mayb I myt reconsider....am yet 2 grab a copy of these hausa filmmmmmmmms & watch. Who knows mayb anjima I will sooooooooo very much support hausa progz...(I dont think so) ;)
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Anonymous

QuoteBut then hausa films neva gave me any tutorials on how 2 du all these.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If @ all these films teaches culture..su wenda sunayin films wuren waye sun koya kuma sun san kan tradition & culture? The ansa is simple...culture & tradition which goes hand in hand has since 4 long been here b/4 Technology/media covarage/programmes/films bellanta d artist who shoot d films came to exist. Therefore........ I so disregard, these films. I know there r better perfect ways that our hausas can du than 2 shoot films esp matan, maza its kinda ok.....but mayb I myt reconsider....am yet 2 grab a copy of these hausa filmmmmmmmms & watch. Who knows mayb anjima I will sooooooooo very much support hausa progz...(I dont think so) ;)

I swear to God Ummita, dont even grab a copy kada ma ki bata lokacinki ki kalla. You will be so angry kada kuma ya jawo miki frustration. ::) I also dont fall for that hausa programme its all about love/song/love/song/love/song thats allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Even though some say they learn about culture, we must not forget that culture is part of us, which was put in practise since the times of the cave men. Its not a bad thing though but I think what most of us are trying to say here, is that it is pointless and alot of people say that yana fadakarwa. ta wani hanya??????????????????????????

don_corleone

Personally i think hausa movies are the worst things to hit northern nigeria after leprosy.They have no respect for our culture and lack originality.They all have the same story lines and i think they instill negative ideas in the people who watch them.

Ibro2g

The people I blame are those who watch and love there stupid tales
Safety and Peace

Hafsy_Lady

I hate these films and I dont waste time talking about them ::)
What you see is what you get[/b]

Ihsan

Well bazan ce I hate hausa movies ba, but there r things in them that I do hate...

The women unveiled
Man touching a woman
And uuufff all that dancing and singing... ::)

if only these things will be stopped, then wasan hausa zai yi kyau... as all those things I meantioned are not part of our culture bare kuma religion!

Har yau har gobe, if I come to watch hausa movie...I always forward the singing/dancing scene...but ma I can't remember the last time na kalli wani wasan hausa!
greetings from Ihsaneey

Blaqueen

LooooooL! all of u are soooooooo um.. patreeyotic.. abi pareeyotic!!!!! lol

really, aunty gimbiya.. they should have more class and creativity when making the movies... it LACKS CLASS!!!

lol@don c!! since leprosy...

but this only applies to the hausa movies of nowadays.. the ones made my Nigerian Film Coorporation is aight..

i like the movie.."Kulba na Barna".. thats a classic! no songs lol
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

iblink

i beleive hausa movies lower the human IQ
o be or not To be, Is that really a question??

Venom

Quotei beleive hausa movies lower the human IQ

Sorry but I would have to disagree on that 1, I watch Hausa movies and I don?t think it has lowered my IQ. The 1 aspect I love about Hausa movies is the comedy part of it, the romance part of it sucks. Hausa movies have very good comedians like Cheroki and Ibro now those guys can crack any1 up. So I am all in favour of making more hausa comedy movies and kill of hausa romance movies    
IKED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY, RESPECTED BY ALL

Ummulhuda

I am a great fan of Hausa movies. I don't watch just any movie, I get a resume of it first from those who've watched it then I watch it myself.
I have met Ali Nuhu, Hajara Usman, Hauwa, (Ali?) Dodo Iyan Tama (Can't remember his first name) and I am very good friends with some of these producers of Hausa movies e.g. Ahmed Alkanawyy and Dan ladi (I'm sure that is not his professional name but I can't remember at the moment). I once went to a friend's friend's house, only to be assailed with the blast from a new movie song in progress. Apparently the friend was in the process of producing a movie.

Common, guys give these ppl a break. Many of you don't like Hausa movies because you have been exposed to far superior techniques of movie making, good film quality subwoofer surround sound effects and the like, and frankly that could put a damper to any body trying to watch a Hausa movie. But you have to realize that the vast majority of Hausa film audiences have never had your opportunities! Therefore for them there is no comparison. Besides the biggest advantage of hausa movies is that they are made in the  tongue that the majority of viewers speak, and understand unlike previously when it was Indian, or Chinese or even English.   Besides as the English say, pracice makes perfect, so eventually they are going to perfect the art of Hausa movies but they need our support not condemnation.

When ever you go to watch a Hausa movie, discard your prejudices and see if you won't enjoy them. And what's wrong with telling love stories and tales about marriage? Love and marriage are the backbone of any structured society and we are constantly fascinated by the intricacies of these two, that's why we lend an ear to anything concerning them. Even in Indian movies, I'd rather watch a love themed  story than your James Bond Wannabes. Thus I'd prefer that the Hausa movies stick to themes of love tragedy cpmedy and that genre and forget about portraying 'yan daba and the like because that is not realistic enough, especially the fight scenes.

Blaqueen

Quoteespecially the fight scenes.

..looooooool!!!!!!!... those sounds they make are FUH-HUH-NEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!...

and oh yeah... i dont like the way they choose "yareh" to play the "yan iska" scene.. kinda selfish and stereotypical...
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Ummulhuda

I think they are trying to portray the 'nigga' culture with the 'fessing' cap turned backwards and that gyrating kind of walk. Very fake I can tell you.That is one of the things that don't go down well with me in Hausa movies.
However, I'd like that you get 'Kiyarda da ni' 'Garwashi' 'Tsimagiya' (?). There is another one I watched sometime back though can't remember the title. I agree with you FDQ on 'Kulba na Barna'. It has quality, but then it was made by a theatre group I think in either ABU or Jos and the scene shoots are very professional.  

ummita

QuoteI am a great fan of Hausa movies. I don't watch just any movie, I get a resume of it first from those who've watched it then I watch it myself.
I have met Ali Nuhu, Hajara Usman, Hauwa, (Ali?) Dodo Iyan Tama (Can't remember his first name) and I am very good friends with some of these producers of Hausa movies e.g. Ahmed Alkanawyy and Dan ladi (I'm sure that is not his professional name but I can't remember at the moment). .

Kalli abinki yanmata, ba wenda ya hanaki, by d way..........all d names u mentioned, hope u've got a their autograph............ashe har sun zema popula? so these names r names of movie stars....lets me enhance ma speed 2 get a copy & watch.
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Anonymous

I want all those oppose to the idea of making Hausa home video,to please try and search their soul and conciense :o ::)'cos if u look at the southern nigeria movies[called igbo fim]u wil really understand what iam saying,alot of things happened in the industry in its earlier inception,which will be termed as positive impact on our culture,but due to some reasons the industry started playing host to many young and unfocused producers,who are there only to make money,but still like the saying goes"na'allah basa karewsa"now there is great revolution on the film making,what i'am trying to say is hausa film introduce so many positive aspect in our life,does that are saying is rubbish what does watching james bond movie or jackie chan or those action films has to do with morality?or what else will u say about a culture that is in variance with ur own way of life,culture and religious wise

Sas

Salamu Alaikum,

Ten months ago, i would have supported those opposed to watching Hausa. That was when I was in Kano and watch them regularly even though I always look for mistakes and forward the song scense. I loved the (ibro ---) series of movies though, they are as much fun as some English movies.

Now after I missing the chance of seeing them, I realized what I missed and I think they should be encouraged not stopped as some of you guys are suggesting.

I read this whole argument now and what comes to my mind sometimes is that these ppl are dumb. (remember just an opinion) how can someone start talking about these films at this point in the industries life in a negative way. I think they have gone a long way in improving the quality in just a few years especially if you compare them to the former Mallam Mamman and co movies. Well done for them.

As long as you are watching The Matrix Reloaded, Spider man, Titanic and co movies, you will never appreciate what you have at home. Ofcourse hollywood didn't start producing quality movies from their founding so why are we concerned about kano industry. It will grow and all it need is support not this kinda critisism.

I believe the industry should be given a chance with corrections.

On another hand people like you guys who wrote in this forum are doing nothing that can help. You can write to the producers/directors or whever is concerned about the mistakes they make in their movies and see their next release, they will try as much as they can to improve and thats how to criticize something which means that in another way it is helping it.

Back to the problems..
Ofcourse we know that the movies are full of things that are ot parallel to our culture and Islamic morals, we can do somethings about them and improve the movies.

The songs:
The songs are completely out of context and shold be censored in our movies but.... Imagine a producer making a fim that cost him say 500,000 and ended up getting less because the people don't want to buy movies without songs. This is just like hollywood movies without the sex scense. People won't watch them.
Perhaps they could make the songs audio and put them at the end. That may help.

The boy meets girl:
I think the Hausa movies are trying enough to limit boy/girl interection only that some cannot be stopped. As long as a director wants to show what is happening in kano through movies, he has to show the real people and ofcourse on the street you see people interact just the way they do in movies so that should also stop, shouldn't it? I never saw a Hausa movie that showed a prostitute excel in her life, is there? they help show people the effects of these and that is good for the society.

About the quality of the pictures, would one of you give them the latest improved cameras and equipments to shhot their movies? they simply don't have but that is also changing, people are using better cameras year in year out and watch out for what will happen in the next few years.

My messages are these:
1. Hausa movies can be improved to serve people not stopped
2. Those critiscizing them should do it openly so that the producers hear them and correct not in an internet forum
3. The soceity need Hausa films to help show its children the good and bad things about life.
4. Hausa films are great family entertainment and don't forget that these films bring some families together where if not for it they will not stay at home
5. they provide job opportunities for thousands of people who will otherwise be jobless.
6. The industry need time to grow like Hollywood had. take two Hollywood movies one from about eighty years ago and one from 2003 and see the difference.
7. Good job Hausa films.
8. When you started going to school, if people compare you to the teacher, I will say they are crazy. This is the same as comparing Hollywood to our industry.

Peace!
ny good thing I said is from Allah and any bad thing I said is from me...So I ask for Allah's forgiveness for my errors both conscious and unconscious ones...Ameen!!!