News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Hausa Movies...

Started by Blaqueen, February 24, 2003, 03:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaqueen

Plzzzzzz is there ANY ANY ANY way to STOP the production of them movies...?? ??....plzzzzzz... STOP THA TORTURE!!!!! :'(
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

lionger

lol ouch! I've never seen any Hausa movies but what's so bad about them FDQ?

Gimbiya

hey,
so you think it's that's bad? I love hausa fims I actually critsize the fims. I want to know what do you find bad about the fims that you think it should come to a stop.

Gimbiya
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]

Rose

FynedymeQueen How can you say that?
To me if they can stop the Indian wanna be things,
and just try to promote our culture and religion,
will really be good
aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.

Ibro2g

Hausa films are disgusting, their is no questioning to it, if u have any, go watch the movie, but I bet u will regret.
Safety and Peace

nura

I so hate Hausa movies. Waka ba dabi'ar mu bace ba al'adar mu bace bata cikin addinin mu. Fina finan hausa na indiya ne kawai ake fassarasu.
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

Blaqueen

lion.. u know how southern movies are all about juju, sex, and violence.... well hausa movies are all about marriage!!! marriage!!! and marriage!!!!!....
plus juss like any other naija movie... i think it takes them only 2 mornings and half a night to shoot a movie... plus the picture is whack... the color is poor... the speech is bad... the music hurts my ears... and SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!

lionger

lol. sounds pretty bad. the southern movies are no better anyways, maybe even worse.

Gimbiya

It's really sad to hear this from hausa people. I don't think just because you live outside of niaja you should try to put your people down. I don't think hausa films are the bomb and all but I think they are trying. and fyne speaking of the mariage mariage thingy, I think they are telling the truth. out culture do portray marrriage since a baby girl is born so that's what's going on that is why they make fims about it. I think if you actually sit down and watch hausa movies you will think better yet you will know it's really happening in the society. it's not everything that I disagree with you all. I do believe that the picture,sound, lighting and etc. sucks but I guess turawa sunce practice make it perfect :-/ . also there's alot of way for people to help it. I just don't think that every fim in the entertainment business should be about promoting the culture and all sometimes I believe that people should be entertain with out thinking that there's a lesson in it to pick up. com'on guys is it that bad? the song and all? my siblings and I were raised in this bature country and the only thing I like about it is that my parents make sure that we watch hausa fims, even my younger sister that's how she learn that by wearing trad you must be hausa, and by the way she love the music, she's becoming a great dancer in that part ;D(lol). so I think you guys should give this people credit it's not that bad really 8)

Anonymous

Salam,
I am very happy to know about this group. I am happy. Had i known since, i will have chance to intellectually be informed about the Entertainment Industry.
Well, as the topic rolls, i think i have a single line contribution about it.
you see, the coming of these Hausa Home videos, most people have been refined from watching foreign films (india, chinese, american, etc). They go for the Hausa songs instead of singing (...hARE-kRISHNA...), pronouncing and praising Hindus gods, etc. Now they can sing (...Maraba Sangaya!) knowing fully what the Song is all about... etc. I think this is just a step forward. Secondly, from my opinion, i think the Hausa guys should be giving a second chance to meet up the global challenges, since groups are now thoroughly discussing the way forward of the industry. I agree with most points stressed about the poor quality in the pre-production, production and post-production of the movies, but you know they are just starting... gradually, they will come to age.
The most important factor that affects the hausa industry is poor marketing. what about that? have you people discussed this factor before?
Thanks & regards.

Muhammad

Salam All

While it can be said that i hardly miss an opportunity to criticize almost all issues proposed to this forum, I find it amusing to do so now.
Whether we like it or not, the society will have yan kama da yan tasha. Amma that is enough reason da zai sa mu fara tsine masu hada wasan hausa.
If its true that almost 70 films are made a year, then the least amount the govt of Kano gets from such an activity will run in the millions. In light of this economic importance alone, Hausa films must be encouraged.
Contrary to the fact that yan wasan hausa yan iskane, you now find Uni graduates, people from middle income backgrounds and other decent sources.
Also, Hausa films entertain people beyond measure. For nationalistic values, making Hausa films means we are unchained from the stronghold indian movies had on the society and we are now "self sufficient" in producing home entertanment at 'home'.
Finally, dole mu dinga tsanantawa wurin ensuring standards are met and movies are regulated. And as most of you know, at least if you read the Mujallar bidiyo or fim, there is a censorship board both nationally and locally. Infact the local chapter has Ulama'a screening new movies made.
I shall add, we must point out the mistakes that need to be remedied not to call for banning or restricting the freedom every Nigerian has.
Bissalam

Blaqueen

ok ok ok Aunty Gimbiya... i'll break it down for u...

~MOST of the movies.. it's the gurls asking the guys out... is that our culture? whut happened to "mache ta kama kan ta"... respect and pride!

~Singing and Dancing... u'll see the girls wearing "pencil jeans" which doesnt even FIT THEM!... jumping around and breakdancing.... is that our culture? i thot a woman was suppose to "kama kan ta"...

~while "singing and dancing"... them girls wear "wigs" or take off their "viels".... is that display of our culture?...

~marriage.. yes its a prime aspect of our culture... BUT.. lets get a li'l bit creative!!!!!!!!!! it's getting old!!!

~Big alhaji jumping around is not exactly whut i'll refer to as entertainment... ::)

~i have to go now...

ummita

QuoteI like about it is that my parents make sure that we watch hausa fims, even my younger sister that's how she learn that by wearing trad you must be hausa, and by the way she love the music, she's becoming a great dancer in that part ;D(lol). so I think you guys should give this people credit it's not that bad really 8)

so in that case ur lil sib sis.....is tryin 2 copycat these hausa programmes.......juss b careful she doesnt end up 2 b d nxt supastar in d hausa showbiz!!! Ke kanki naseni u wouldnt like that!!!

Parents encourage u 2 watch 'em, mhmm quite interestin.  

Watched this hausa drama once,  in ma gramz house bck then in 1999...( d first question..I asked my granny was....So there r black indians apart from red indians?)

Dunno a zilch about watz up with these hausa programmes, ppl r always tlkin about them, guess I have 2 grab a copy & watch.. but  I'll still proceed......I juss have one thing 2 say: if I was a boy (which am glad am not) I rather start washin & ironin than 2 indulge ma self in this showbiz..

& 2 b precise & honest woman xposin theirselves is simply haram.....

If dole ne hausa gurls suyi entertainment , how about covarin theirselves properly & puttin up shows like educatin women on sooooooooooooo many issues!!!

If any1 uses this....sayin hausa programmes teaches culture, I juss have one thing 2 say....lets take it bck 2 d 1960's. Was hausa programme d only tutorial means of teachin ppl about culture?

It annoys & bores me 2 death 2 tlk about these hausa progz. ::)
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Ibro2g

Safety and Peace

Gimbiya

well well well,
you guys are not the first people that I heard criticizing our little hausa home videos. but that's a choice. ummita my little sis is not emitating the people there, I think well better yet I know she knows better, I don't think she try to copy all the sting that happened in tom and jerry cartoons and she watch it all the time. I guess if you are in the media/tech field you kind of understand that not everything that is created in films/entertainment/media people copy. in short anything that is meant to entertain is not meant for people to think that's way of life. All of you or most of you live outside of nigeria which mean there's different cultures around you, does that mean that you take all the western cultures? But as I said it's up to you, what suit your mind and your style. I have nothing negative with people who are trying to make it in life :-/

- gimbiya