News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY

Started by HUSNAA, June 07, 2007, 01:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

We have Kano online Diary on the General Board and we have How do you feel today on the Chitchat forum. I got to thinking how about a  thread called THOUGHT FOR THE DAY? In the topic, forumners are welcome to talk about any thoughts that they have had or are having that is philosophical and they feel can interest others and give them something to think about... Here goes

We are all aware that in the Qur'an, a day in the sight of Allah is equivalent to 50,000 yrs of the earth's yrs. But does it really ever sink into our psyche? Looking at the time scale, a crude analogy would be that the whole span of a single human being's life span is less than half an hr's picnic outdoors. As a saying of the Prophet goes: 'Life is but the blink of an eye; so spend it in grateful submission'. Before we came to this earth, each soul took a covenant with Allah that it would worship Allah and associate nothing with Allah. We are told of this covenant in the Qur'an although as earthly human beings, we do not remember it because it is part of our other life to come and we took the promise at the time of our creation. However, on the day we are ressurrected, it will be very evident and apparent to us. We will be asked how long we stayed in the world and the answer would be 'a day or half a day' as we see eternity stretch before us. It is quite possible also that we will not experience the worldly time dimension as we perceive it so that although we will stand for 50,000 yrs, it may not feel like that, or we might all feel differences in  dimensionless time depending on level of anticipation or apprehension or time may cease to exist as we know it, Allah A'alam.
At any rate, isnt it time we pondered on what is really important in our lives, like the purpose of our creation which is  only  to worship Allah SWT and subordinate all else?
We should be patient in every setback and ask Allah for His Blessings and hope for His Mercy everyday. Remember that the impossible will  (very shortly in heavenly reckoning) one day become possible if Allah Grants us His Mercy and we attain bliss.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

amira

Masha allahu husnaa, what a good thought of the day.Allah bamu lafiya yasa mu dace ameen. ;)
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

gogannaka

Jazakillahu Khair Husnaa.

My thoughts
A mother from the day she conceives a baby is regarded sick till the day she weans the baby(or is it till she gives birth).
I came across a mother while coming back home.She had 2 children.
She held the bigger one's hand while the baby was on her back(goyo).The woman was very comfortable.
I thought hmm i don't think i can ever be that patient.Leda ma idn na rike ina ganin ta zame min kaya ballantana yara biyu.
That's how she'll go anywhere with those kids and still love them.
They'll worry her,pee on her etc but she'd still care.

I don't know if you'd understand me.

Mothers really really really deserve to be loved,respected and cared for.
To all the loving and caring mothers out there : MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU TILL ETERNITY
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Ihsan

gnaka, absolutely true. we r the only ones I believe that can have that kind of patience.  and for that we should always appreciate our mothers, cherish them and love them like they did when were kids and still do, now that we've grown...so we should return that love.  And a person wud never fully understand this until he/she gets a child (especially the woman since she's the one that carried the child and gave birth to it) :)
greetings from Ihsaneey

Dan-Borno

Thanking Aunty Husnaa for putting up this
thread, most especially by starting your
first post from an angle of piety and ponderance.

My Thoughts:

I cam out this morning heading towards my office,
in between my office and home is about 4 kilometres.
While on my way, i came across about 8 beggars
who are either crippled (on wheel) or due to serious
old age at a stationed position.

All they beg each passing day from passerbyes is
Don Allah a bamu na abinci.

I THOUGHT, here I am doing well, paying thousands
of naira on luxury. 
Am I better than them?
What effort am i making to save this situation?
INNA AKRAMAKUM INDALLAHI AT'KAKUM
THE BEST AMONG YOU IS HE WHO FEARS ALLAH MOST.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Wallahi Dan Borno, you have hit a raw nerve there!
Kasan wai ance according to Marx that 'religion is the opium of the masses'. When I look at that statement sai na ga yes it is very true even though it sounds blasphemous, because we only truly become humble when we are in dire consequence and then we think about Allah more often and supplicate Him and when He Has Granted our wishes, we go back to being our old heedless selves.
When we are well off we think less of the here after. When we are rich we think less of others. So I got to thinking that for a rich person to be more humble, let him look at all the bounties da Allah Ya bashi and think to himself that if Allah can provide me with such in this world, what kind of luxury Yayi wa wa'yanda suka bauta ma Sa tanadi in the next world then? That way you begin to look forward to the other world rather than be content with what is right in front of u.

*~MuDa~*

Wow what a beautiful topic husnaa, Kudos again, u knw the rest!

My Thoughts was an inspiration from G-naka's sick mother thoughts, well mine is for the babies, just imagine when a baby is born, people are always happy and full of joy, the baby too is happy, u wiil see him/her sleeping peacefully, but u know whut my thoughts are? Ina jin mugun tausayin yaron, because the boy dont know the child dont know wut kinda world he has gotten him/herself into, the kind of hardship he/she will be putting up to, the kind of violence he will experience, so i pity every new born u know, its kinda sound weird but i do anytyme i hold an infants hand!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

I feel the same way with kids. I look at them and wonder how their lives will turn out. I especially look at kids that are from non muslim backgrounds and I feel so sad for them, growing up not knowing islam and I used to wonder where they will end up eventually in the after life. Allah Ya shirye su gabadayan su Amin.
I dont know how many of you know the story of a black kid called Emmet Till. He died in 1945 or 6 or 7. cant remember. He was savagely murdered by two white adults one was in his late twenties and the other one was in his early thirties and Emmet was only 13 or 14. They went to his uncle's house one night and dragged him out of bed and took him to the barn of one of them, tied him up and clubbed him, gouged his eyes out, broke his nose mutilated his beautiful face until he was unrecognizable and then shot him in the head. The boy's crime? He whistled at the wife of one of them.
The tragedy of it was that he'd only gone to visit his mother's relatives, and he was her only child. The two men were acquitted of the crime by the local town jury. They died without ever seeing the inside of a prison for the murder they committed. However what Emmet's death did was to galvanize black ppl to the civil rights movement which started with Rosa Park's refusal to give up her seat to a white person on a bus and led to the famous bus boycott.
Sometimes I find myself praying for Emmet's salvation. I find myself hoping that he'd died before reaching the age of puberty so that he could benefit from not having his book of record keeping opened yet.
We mustnt pray for non muslims who have passed away, but I just cant help it in this boy's case.

elgaazus

I will begin with saying ma Kudos to Husna the initiator of this thread.
and to all who have contributed meaningful and touching 'thoughts'.

having so much love for kids i also have a lot of pity for them. especially what influences they will under go through in life. the must painful thing is that, when they are kids, they are sweet innocent and everything nice. but if they are not lucky and end up having badly influence. it will be very sad to remember that these criminals, addicts, cultist we see were once sweet little kids. Well, may Allah continue to guide us and the innocents kids to grow into useful and beneficial members of our societies.

My thought

Though a little away from what has been previously posted. it is some what more philosophical.
     i normally have this voice that talks to me in my mind, people believe its the conscience. but those it remain the conscience when it gets so loud that i think it is someone talking to me or when it feeds me with lots of information i find use and some how complex ideas i never remember coming across.

my question is i have a lot of those musings from my conscience, is it common. i think i will very soon begin posting such thoughts. thank you!

orget about it

HUSNAA

Wonders never end in this world.
Two days ago, I saw a documentary on 'cryogenic' babies. That is babies whose fathers are unknown sperms deposited in banks. There was a lesbian couple who decided to have a child...So one of them went to a sperm bank and got inseminated. Later she gave birth to a boy. Then two or three yrs later on, they met a woman casually, who had also had a sperm bank baby. They got to sharing their experiences and they asked each other the label of the sperm donor and found that...

read on please from http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/17/60minutes/main1414965.shtml

I saw this on 60 mins. I am still numb from the emotions that went through me. I really feel sorry for the kids that are born this way. How will they turn out in the future? There was a woman in England who had the same thing and her child at about 6 yrs started asking questions about his dad. He wanted to know who he was bcos every day at sch, he sees dads collecting their kids from sch, and probably his neighbours are a mum and dad. So he kept asking his mom who his dad was, and she couldnt do a thing about it, because she doesnt event know one single paternal relative of the boy that she can present to the kid to give him a sense of worth and belonging!! I mean its not like she had an affair and she broke up with the boy's father, or the boy's father was dead or anything like that... the father was simply a single unknown sperm that even she doesnt know where it came from in terms of the surface of the earth, except from a laboratory.. how sick!

Poor kid! I couldnt get him off my mind for ages! I read that article about three yrs ago, and it still affects me when i think of that poor fatherless boy.

Mufi

Quote from: HUSNAA on July 07, 2007, 05:56:10 AM
Wonders never end in this world.
Two days ago, I saw a documentary on 'cryogenic' babies. That is babies whose fathers are unknown sperms deposited in banks. There was a lesbian couple who decided to have a child...So one of them went to a sperm bank and got inseminated. Later she gave birth to a boy. Then two or three yrs later on, they met a woman casually, who had also had a sperm bank baby. They got to sharing their experiences and they asked each other the label of the sperm donor and found that...

read on please from http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/17/60minutes/main1414965.shtml

I saw this on 60 mins. I am still numb from the emotions that went through me. I really feel sorry for the kids that are born this way. How will they turn out in the future? There was a woman in England who had the same thing and her child at about 6 yrs started asking questions about his dad. He wanted to know who he was bcos every day at sch, he sees dads collecting their kids from sch, and probably his neighbours are a mum and dad. So he kept asking his mom who his dad was, and she couldnt do a thing about it, because she doesnt event know one single paternal relative of the boy that she can present to the kid to give him a sense of worth and belonging!! I mean its not like she had an affair and she broke up with the boy's father, or the boy's father was dead or anything like that... the father was simply a single unknown sperm that even she doesnt know where it came from in terms of the surface of the earth, except from a laboratory.. how sick!

Poor kid! I couldnt get him off my mind for ages! I read that article about three yrs ago, and it still affects me when i think of that poor fatherless boy.

Husnaa, that's the difference between us with the westerners, they don't see this as anything other than a woman wanted a child and she just go to the bank (as they call it) and get a donor, the poor kids that are born this way are the unlucky one's. they have so many children born out of wedluck and the numbers are alarming, it's just history repeating it's self because the parent's didn't show their kids any better, and they too will start having their own kids like that. Allah ya sauwake.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

Dan-Borno

Mufi, i dont like you saying that is the difference
between us with the westerners.  Except we take
a heed, this so called banking of sperm and what
ever will soon see a welcome hand from within
us (easterners ko?).

The lessons we should learn from what Aunty
Husnaa just narrated is that we should also
communicate to others and highlight the very
dangers in this type of bearing a child.

We pray to Almighty Allah, that our children yet
to come, let them have strong Iman not to indulge
in these type of criminal acts.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on June 17, 2007, 11:09:51 AM
Wow what a beautiful topic husnaa, Kudos again, u knw the rest!

...just imagine when a baby is born, people are always happy and full of joy, the baby too is happy, u wiil see him/her sleeping peacefully, but u know whut my thoughts are? Ina jin mugun tausayin yaron, because the boy dont know the child dont know wut kinda world he has gotten him/herself into, the kind of hardship he/she will be putting up to, the kind of violence he will experience, so i pity every new born u know, its kinda sound weird but i do anytyme i hold an infants hand!

Have you gotten into my mind? ::) Weird really, cos I always have the same thought. I refrain from saying it out cos I don't know how ppl would take it? I attempted once and my aunt was like " ka daina irin wannan magana, ba kyau kamar kana kin abin da Allah ya nufa ne, etc" But I can't help feeling "tausayi" whenever I look at the peaceful, sleeping face of a new-born.

Mufi

Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 09, 2007, 10:11:13 AM
Mufi, i dont like you saying that is the difference
between us with the westerners.  Except we take
a heed, this so called banking of sperm and what
ever will soon see a welcome hand from within
us (easterners ko?).

The lessons we should learn from what Aunty
Husnaa just narrated is that we should also
communicate to others and highlight the very
dangers in this type of bearing a child.

We pray to Almighty Allah, that our children yet
to come, let them have strong Iman not to indulge
in these type of criminal acts.
Dan-Borno, what i tried to explain was just the plain truth, and its left to us to show our children the right path, and what is right and what is wrong, because the world is so small right now because of technology, our kids are getting access to so many stuff out there that we don't keep track of it.
Information is knowledge, but not all of it.
i've been around these people for more than a decade, and that's all they know, but Masha-Allah they are educating themselves, and some of them when they convert to Islam they embrace the religion whole-heartedly. Allah ya taimakemu gaba daya. Amin.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

Dan-Borno

Madam(e), we are advocating the same belief.

TODAYS THOUGHTS

It pierced into my mind, that a day will come
when I will die.  Hearing the cries and woes of
my family while trying to bath and cloth me for
the last time on this earth.

Laying helplessly, one person holding my arms
while the other washing my body - i cant help.
Before now I go to the bathroom myself, close
the door, turn the shower on, slide into into the
bath and wash and wash and wash until a whole
soap is nearly exhausted.

Today, I am no more, they washed me with an
ordinary soap with cold water.  They brushed my
tooths with a cloth, i am helpless.

I was wrapped in likkafani, i heard them saying
"ina turare ne"? "ina ne gabar" "malam bimillah
a yi mana salla"

I heard the imam saying Allahu Akbar, reciting
suratul fatiha, then another Allahu Akbar and
again and again praying for the Prophe, me
and the Muslim Umma.

"Ina akori kura" then I know, really, we are heading
to "makabir" everybody was quite and calm.

I was buried inside a room and parlour, but its
only a room.  Then they all disperse and left me
alone.

Alone! Alone! Alone! only my good works while
I am alive.

Kai, Dan-Borno is alive fa. i was just illustrating.
Lets do good work while we are still alive and
in the position to do it, before its too late.