News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

RACE TO KANO GOVERNMENT HOUSE WHO?

Started by Anonymous, November 20, 2002, 06:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

RACE TO KANO GOVERNMENT HOUSE ....                      

WHO THE CAP FITS?

BY

ADO BELLO

My initial intention was to write about ? a race to ASO ROCK? but my 11 years old daughter out of curiosity asked me  ? daddy how many candidates did we have for Governorship candidates in Kano? Then it down to me that charity begins at home let me x-ray the ones in my backyard before going for the bigger fishes.

The kind of things that happens in our political landscape are beyond human imagination, to say the least is quite amusing and needs to be researched upon, as I know in Nigeria we have broken a lot of  political records world wide.

When I look at daily increasing list of  all those that shows their interest to occupy the coveted seat as number one citizen of Kano State, I am amused and sometime jittery, but in politics nothing is impossible. I therefore classified all the contestants into five groups, but let me make it categorically clear that, this is my own opinion, this is the way I see it, and I will be willing to be corrected and also I welcome sincere criticism.

Group one is made up of those contesting to settle a score with the incumbent Governor; they have nothing new to offer for the state, no economic blue print, their primary concern was a personal vendetta, because in one way or other have a clash with the Governor, their feeling therefore is to challenge the incumbent.

It no more a secret weather rightly or wrongly, some contestants sees their exit from public service as a handiwork of Kwankwaso, the danger of electing people on vendetta mission is its destructive tendency, we are all living witnesses of a rule by vendetta both within Military regimes and Civilian administrations.  

Those that fall in this group are seasoned administrators, and fine gentlemen, but because they have one thing in common, they see their exit as handiwork of Kwankwaso, if they still in their lucrative positions, no one among them will resign and contest.

The second group is made up of emerging ?Political elites? or Abuja class competitors. They don?t have any thing for the common man or anything new for the State, likewise an articulate vision for development despite their credentials and experience.

Theirs is cult-like circle that if one is contesting in Jigawa, Ebonyi or Sokoto all must not be left behind in his State, simply it means competing within the circle.

The danger of electing such group is they will milk the State dry, with nothing to show, as per as he is concerned he has achieved his ambition.

They normally have a very good public service record, Ex. Commissioners, Ex. Managing Directors, Ex. Chief Executive there, name it they are there, but when it comes to service to their immediate community the record is so poor, they have nothing to show for it.

The third group is made up of those who see politics as a ?trade? a typical emerging eagle eye for money investors.
These set are contesting for the potential contender to settle them all their campaign claims, and of course with a little profit margin, they are the most vocal.

In present dispensation there are two young men who fall within this group, as at now they see themselves as potential Commissioners, therefore their mission is already over.  

Group four is made up of those who have a mission for the State, have a vision for the common man, and have all the qualities to rule the State but their only handicap is they don?t have the financial capability to oil their machinery, they also lack the backing of the political gladiators.
The only person that falls within these group is so poor that a lot of people take him to be joking, lest they forget that the time he contested and won one of the most powerful council chairs in Nigeria no one stand by him either financially or politically.    

Let it be known that, may be that miracle is still with him, since what we are lacking today is political leaders who can smell a good leadership material like the Late Mallam Aminu Kano.  

Lastly the ?TAZARCE DISEASE? it has become an incurable disease like AIDS for all elected officers, weather they perform or not, they wanted to finish the good job they have started but cannot finish in their first term.
Let us see what the incumbent has achieve in the last three and half years, his weakness, his shortcomings and see weather he is better than the rest.

Let me categorically state here that I have met eye to eye with Governor Kwankwaso, indeed, he does not even know that I exist.

Kwankwaso at least performed above average, against all odds he has transformed rural areas, his strength lies in his ability to provide electricity to a lot of villages, rural roads, and his CRC initiatives has done a lot in rural transformation.

He has also tried in urban road network, especially in the State capital, rehabilitation of existing ones, and portable water supply.

His feeding and clothing is a laudable initiative, what it lacks is executors, I don?t think the present people can handle such politically sensitive project.

His weakness lies in his in ability to solve his problem with the civil servant in the State, it is no more secret that the Servants are not happy with him; another area which he must improve is health sector.

In political front he must as a matter of urgency, mend his fences with all the gladiators, namely Rimi, Musa Gwadabe and  Ghali Na?abba, for him to have a smooth second coming.

He must also if he want the second term project to succeed, let him overhaul his present bunch of campaigners, they are lazy and cannot even market themselves not talk of somebody, he is a good product but with bad marketers.

Let him copy from Rimi in 1979, let him assemble best brains in his cabinet, is not too late, we have them in the State, both within and outside public service.

There is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Ibrahim Ado Kurawa, Umar Faruq Jibrin and Ibrahim Bello Kano and Magaji Galadima to mentioned but a few who will not be a burden on you, they are professionals in their various fields,  if you can convince them to come and serve their home State, then you can concentrate in your campaign.    

In conclusion, race to Kano Government House has begun, but from all indication, with little adjustment the cap fits Kwankwaso, but politics of Kano is very dicey, somebody is waiting from nowhere to cash in a la Kabiru Gaya  during NRC days.

Blaqueen

da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

HUSSEIN

BARKAN KA DAI,

I WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON YOUR CATEGORISATION OF POLITICIAN VIEING TO THE KANO STATE GOVT. HOUSE AS BIASED.

WITH ALL DUE APOLOGIES, LET ME STATE HERE THAT YOUR FACTS AREN`T ACCURATE FOR IMPLYING THAT MALLAM SHEKARAU HAS A SCORE WITH KWANKWASO IS COMPLETELY FALSE. BECAUSE NO BODY RETIRED SHEKARAU HE RETIRED ON HIS OWN ACCORD.

YEAH I HONESTLY BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT KWANKWASO PERFORMING ABOVE AVERAGE. THAT IS A FACT, AND I ALSO BELIEVE THAT THE GOVERNOR DESERVE ANOTHER CHANCE.

MY PERSONAL VIEW IS THAT THE 2 MOST CREDIBLE CANDIDATES ARE KWANKWASO FIRST THEN SHEKARAU SECOND.

THIS IS OFCOURSE MY VIEW.
O MATTER HOW LONG THE NIGHT THE DAY WOULD SURELY BREAK