News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

On The Couch

Started by *~MuDa~*, December 10, 2006, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

Jamie Foxx da yake sun bashi Oscar two yrs ago, basa kara masa ba. Har yanzu kuwa banga film din nan ba Ray. Its quite good I hear.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

Ray's such a good movie.It made me enjoy Ray charles's music even more cos i know the reason behind the songs. jamie really deserved an award for the movie.
What of the Muhammed Ali movie? Anyone watched it?Was it good?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Muhammed Ali? I thought it was Idi Amin? 'the last king of scotland'? I started appreciating the guy's music only after listening to them tons of times on virgin radio groove.

gogannaka

There's a movie about Muhammed Ali the boxer.I think Will Smith was the actor of the movie.

*~MuDa~*

Ali is the name of the movie, Will Smith had to actually train for months in the art of boxing like the great legend and builds his body shape too, with the exact weight and hairstyle and everything, its one of his best movies in history u know, they had to travel down to congo to shoot some major parts of the movie with Foreman during Mobutus regime who almost kicked the A** of Ali. I almost dropped a tear. It was so real, they were even speaking lingala (the congolese local language fluently too) men, Michael Mann and Jon Peters did a wonderful job, they had to make sure that will smith spent approximately one year learning all aspects of Ali's life. Thats serious dnt u think?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

gogannaka

considering the money he'll get its no big work.
Wai kai a ina kake samun duk wadannan finafinan? I'l be coming to borrow them ka ji?

alkanawi

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on February 11, 2007, 10:16:28 AM
....... they were even speaking lingala (the congolese local language fluently too) men,
Mudacris is from congo. abi how u take know?
"corgito ergo sum"

gogannaka

Ba ka da labarin irin mutanen nan da suke koyan indianchi saboda tsabar kallon indiya?
Shi ma muda saboda kallon irin rawar makosan nan yana dan jin congolese.

An yi oscars an gama ko?An ce whitaker ya ci award ko.
Ni the thing that caught my attention was the golden raspberries award for worst movie and worst actress.
The worst movie is Basic instinct II.The first movie chipped in some $79mill while the latest one managed to get $6mill.
The worst supporting actress award went to Sharon Stone for acting in the worst movie.Waiting 14 yrs to re-live the pleasure she had in acting alongside Micheal Douglas.Shame on her  ::)

HUSNAA

Abin kama caca ne GGNK. Look at Sylvester Stallone's 7th rocky movie. It did very well at the Box office. Ko da yake baka hada shi da Sharon stone ba. Ita ma kanta wasnt a good actress i think, otherwise we woluld have heard of her many many times after Basic Instinct. That is one film I still havent watched. Kuma dai, it was really her looks and the fact that there was something unsavory that occurred in the movie that got ppl's attentions that made the first BI a   money netter at the box office. It probably had nothing to do with story line or acting ability if u take out the perrenial michael douglas. Koda yake shi ma he was involved in some bombs. There was a Hitchcock remake with Michael Douglas, Viggo Mortensen and a famous actress whose name or face, I dont remember. It bombed at the box office.  oh oh oh I think the actress was Kim Bassinger!!

alkanawi

Martin scorsese at last ;D ;D ;D
probably one of the best directors around,in the likes of Zeb Ejiro, ;D
"corgito ergo sum"

Hafsy_Lady

I have quite a few of those "I iz been to Europe friends" and on onces return, he gave me a movie for a gift. I taught nice try: I was hoping for some Jimmy Choos. Anyway it turned out; I loved the movie. "SMOKING ACES". That movie is deeeeeeeeeep. (nasan kun kalla yan turai ;D) just allow the likes of me to drool overrit. Like I was saying: casting with the likes of Ben Affleck, Ray Liotta, Andy Garcia, Jason Bateman, Alicia Keys, and plenty of other familiar faces made the movie all more interesting even though the killings were so brutal. The whole FBI briefings filling in the audience and their agents on some of the players they're about to face, building to the inevitable chaos of competing groups all coming together on Piven and his legion of bodyguards, for promises of fresh mints showed a dazzling display of carnage and comedy coupled with cool suprises. I loved it!!

Again, I love horror films & I got another movie souvenir & Lord did it get me spooked!!!! "THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE" Dangggggggg, knowing it happened in real life.

During my young days, I was the biggest couch potato ever, I use to sit and watch movie after movie! Yes! "The Roots"that movie, am not gonna lie, lol anytime I watch that movie it just makes me pro-xenophobic. I have the  complete collection. Charlie Chaplin's series? Anybody remember :-X? "The Dukes of Hazzard"? Bo and Duke Luke racing around in the 1969 Dodge Charger? :-X Dallas? Anyone? :-\ I guess am the only "cave woman here". Anyway good times - movies & series of "back then" were simply the best!
What you see is what you get[/b]

Fateez

Charlie Chaplin was hilarious! Anyone into oldies?

"Grease" was a good one. Both part 1 and 2

"Dirty Dancing" da one with Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey.

Da soundtrack is really good. Remember da lame quote?

"No one puts baby in a corner". Hehe...

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Fateez

Oh, how can i forget Pretty Woman? Anyone into romantic Comedies?

I just saw Music and Lyrics. It's really really good. Plus Drew Barrymore

and Hugh Grant, great chemistry!

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

HUSNAA

Yes me!
I am into romantic comedies. Loved pretty woman. Love Brigitte Jones' diary plus edge of reason. I must say not every romantic comedy is good. 'How to lose a guy in ten days' was booooooooooooooooooring!! But 'my best friend's wedding' was very touching. Its the kind of ending that doesnt leave u with a feel good feeling. I dont want to watch it again. :-\
Four weddings and a funeral...was very funny. I didnt like whats her name? in the lead role though. Notting Hill was too hyped. Didnt enjoy it as much, and I positively hated 'Closer' although it was not a romantic comedy. It was too........ not what I expected :-\

Fateez

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 07, 2007, 01:18:11 PM
Yes me!
I am into romantic comedies. Loved pretty woman. Love Brigitte Jones' diary plus edge of reason. I must say not every romantic comedy is good. 'How to lose a guy in ten days' was booooooooooooooooooring!! But 'my best friend's wedding' was very touching. Its the kind of ending that doesnt leave u with a feel good feeling. I dont want to watch it again. :-\
Four weddings and a funeral...was very funny. I didnt like whats her name? in the lead role though. Notting Hill was too hyped. Didnt enjoy it as much, and I positively hated 'Closer' although it was not a romantic comedy. It was too........ not what I expected :-\

I liked "My bestfriend's wedding" especially da soundtrack: Diana King's version of Dionne Warwick's

"Say a little Prayer." I liked Notting Hill, Bridgette Jones and Four weddings and a funeral. They were

really good. But i agree some of the new movies produced are a waste of time. My all time favourites:

~ HiTcH
(Will Smith and Eva Mendes)

~ 50 Firt Dates
(Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore)

~ Music and Lyrics
(Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore)

~ The Break Up
(Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn) Probably da most realistic story. Not a happily ever after one, but you'll really like it. I assure u  :)

These two are not really comedy, more of drama.

~ The Notebook
(Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling)

~ The Lake House
(Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves)

If you want a good laugh...
~ My Super Ex-Girlfriend
(Uma Thurman and Luke Wilson) Not a very good plot but it's a very refreshing movie :) :) :)