News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Atiku Visits Obasanjo In Preparation for Yar’Adua’s “Exit”

Started by Muhsin, January 21, 2009, 12:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Monday, 19 January 2009 16:34 Saharareporters, New York   

A shocking re-alignment of political forces took place today as former Vice President Atiku Abubakar visited former President Obasanjo at home in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Atiku and Obasanjo have been archenemies ever since the former vice president opposed, and helped frustrate, Obasanjo's bid to run for a third term in office. In reprisal, Obasanjo thwarted Atiku's dream to run for the presidency on the ticket of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

A source familiar with the meeting, which took place at the former president's hilltop mansion in Abeokuta, said it was part of a rapprochement by the two men who now want to work together to decide what happens in the event of the death or permanent incapacitation of "President" Umaru Yar'Adua. Inside sources within Abuja have revealed that Yar'Adua's health is worsening. He has lost a lot of weight and close aides told us that he finds it increasingly difficult to handle the simple tasks of his job.

Obasanjo and Atiku declined to disclose the details of their meeting to reporters, whose questions they parried. But a source familiar with the discussion told SaharaReporters that Obasanjo stated, "When things are not happening the way they should, we have to sit down as stakeholders to review the situation."

Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola of Osun State accompanied the former vice president to Obasanjo's residence.

Saharareporters had earlier reported that Atiku was leaning towards returning to the PDP fold.

Our source added that the Abeokuta meeting signaled the beginning of serious political re-alignments on the heels of growing rumors that Yar'adua's health crises and "acts of betrayal toward Obasanjo" had forced the former president to begin wider consultations to "right the wrongs he committed against Nigerians by imposing Yar'adua on the nation." The source, who is close to Obasanjo, said the former president was miffed that former Governor James Ibori and his group had supplanted his camp in terms of closeness to Yar'Adua. He also said Obasanjo felt betrayed that Yar'Adua did not put his foot down to stop members of the National Assembly, especially the House of Representatives who have unearthed some of the massive acts of corruption during Obasanjo's eight-year presidency. 

Obasanjo is scheduled to leave Nigeria tomorrow for Kenya to continue his peace mission in the Congo

Meanwhile, two Aso Rock officials independently told SaharaReporters that Yar'Adua plans to leave Nigeria on Monday for an extended medical leave that may take him to the US. Before traveling for medical treatment, Yar'Adua is billed to attend his daughter's wedding to Governor Isa Yuguda of Bauchi State on Saturday January 24 2009 in Katsina. "If the plan [for his medical trip] doesn't happen, it may be because he is too weak," said one source. He added that his German doctors had told Yar'Adua there was little they could do for him, but he is determined to seek additional medical help, possibly in the U.S.   

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=556:atiku-visits-obasanjo-in-preparation-for-yaraduas-exit&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

DB, ya labarin kwangilar da akaima alkawari idan Yar'Aduwa ya zarce? ;D Will he make it with Atiku a PDP?

That reminds me of thing Atiku once said, rather arrogantly; had it been I were the PDP's flag-bearer during the last election, only God can stop me! ::)

The two old men are really dangerous, I fear. :o
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

it did surprise me even if its not suppose to because
it is said that there is no permanent enemy nor permanent
friend in politics.  however what transpired before the
2007 election between the duos of obasanjo and atiku is
something to write in our political diary.

that incident led to the distortion of the political history of
this country.  powerful political lords and nigeria's official
and certified robbers, the one fela referred to as "robbers
using pen" were recorded in that time. 

now, they are no more enemies, their secret meeting in
abeokuta tells it to the whole world that they are once again
coming back to the scene "abun da ya lalashe a najeriya
wannan, sai dai baban iyabo".

the rumours going round is that immediately after the royal
wedding between governor yuguda of bauchi state and nafisa
yar'adua which is taking place at katsina, the president is
expected to fly out to US for medical treatment.   in case, the
president didnt make it (as in incapacitated to hold his office)
the plan is for atiku to come back (i dont know if this is feasible),
plan 'b' is to reintroduce atiku back into the fold of pee dee pee
as 2011 is almost around the corner.  obasanjo has realised his
mistake for picking baba go slow.

do you think atiku is going to make it in 2011?

@ Yaron Aunty:

no, i no like kwangila, a bani mata kawai lol.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
It only shows that some people are ONLY interested in power,............. Allah (SWT) ya zaba mana alkhairi.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

HUSNAA

Stop rumor mongering u lot. U know the newspapers will say anything to sell their papers. Atiku and OBJ meet, so what about it? Both have found themselves nr the bottom of the political heap and realized that nothing lasts. So they patch up their differences as decent human beings usually do and decide to carry on bcos life is too short to spend it generating negative energy.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

usman11

Atiku and Obasanjo can kiss and make up, and even become romantically involved with each other. That would be their choice, and their right. However, it would do Nigeria a whole lot of good if both of them stay the heck away from the Presidency or any elective office for that matter. For the interest of whatever is left of Nigeria, the time has passed when completely mediocre people rig their way into office and further damage an already damaged society.

waduz

Surely no one can even think of OBJ and ATK talking to one another, not to even talk of sitting together to chat. But in Nigeria's kind of political chicanery and absurdness, anything is possible with our "vulture" politicians! I am fed up! To Texas with all....!!! ???

HUSNAA

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

EMTL

Quote from: HUSNAA on January 25, 2009, 07:29:30 PM
Is Texas the new Guantanamo bay Waduz? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Anty Husnaa,
The Bush man has been deposited in TEXAS and any body that is taken to Texas will spned the rest of their lives with the Bush-man, the war-monger, who led a government that murdered`many innocent lives. TO TEXAS with HIM!!!!!!!!!!!
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

waduz

Aunty??, Husnaa,
Yeah! You see, even EMTL has agreed to that. To Texas is the new accronym for To Hell!
Obama has really cleared the Bush around the white house for cowboys' horses in Texas to feast on! ;D ;D

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Lawwali

ATK, OBJ, IBB & CO can be friends or even in-laws if they so wishes. They are humanly free, But not politically, just as Usman11 put it, it is not in the interest of the country. :-\
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

amira

thank you lawwali, let them even use super glue stick themselves together
but for sure we dont want them sticking the presidency seat, Hell no ko
toh the new way by waduz to TEXAS!!!!
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*