News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

beautiful quotes

Started by ummi, February 16, 2003, 06:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

Quote from: alkanawi on January 30, 2007, 07:19:13 AM

Most people are other people.Their thought are someone elses opinions.Their lives a mimicry,their passion a quotation. OSCAR WILDE
Nice one!

No one has a finer command of language than the person who keeps his mouth shut. SAM RAYBURN

Trust in God but tie your camel. (attributed to MUHAMMAD S.A.W)

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it!----Dont know who said it
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

George Bush probably; he is always lying...........
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

lionger

Here's one for the romantics in this Valentine season:

"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.

H. L. Mencken  ;D

HUSNAA

Quote from: lionger on February 07, 2007, 05:17:17 PM
Here's one for the romantics in this Valentine season:

"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.

H. L. Mencken  ;D
Lol that's very true. By the time the intelligence wakes up from hibernation, its too late!!! ;D

gogannaka

I dont seem to unserstand this quote  ???
Does it mean that there's no intelligence in love abi intelligent people do not love or love is just an imagination??? answer pls.

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on March 09, 2007, 10:29:06 PM
I dont seem to unserstand this quote  ???
Does it mean that there's no intelligence in love abi intelligent people do not love or love is just an imagination??? answer pls.
Put another way, it just means love is blind!! That is all. Intelligence doesnt come into the equation when ppl fall in love. They dont 'calculate' so to speak, and calculation, deduction, conclusions are all premises of intellingence. One feels or doesn't feel and the reason can be inexplicable at the best of timesm, cos some ppl would be wondering just what the attraction is that pulled person A towards person B, when they can give a dozen reasons why the person B is unsuitable for person A and person A at the time of being in love just doesnt see any of those objections. He sees life through a love filtered lens and that is where the triumph of imagination over intelligence comes in  ;D

gogannaka

An zaga na zago.
It is still imagination in use.Maybe its intelligent imagination.
Love is one complicated issue,one who is outside of the situation almost always seem to be the one that thinks he/she is thinking intelligently.And almost all the time the outsider has a general belief that if he were the one in the 'lover boy's' situation he would have done better.
I remember a story of one very popular tabi'i,i think Umar bn Abdulazeez was his name,one of his students was in love with a girl and he only finds pleasure idan aka yi maganar yarinyar/matar.Umar used to accuse him of being too much in love and the person would tell him that it was a 'jarraba' from God.
When it was Umars time to fall in love,the situation was so complex and what he did was worse than that student.

That quote afterall makes sense.

Here's another one so we dont deviate:
All art is but imitation of nature.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

*~MuDa~*

Balancing simplicity and complexity is crucial when asking a good question. Einstein!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

bakangizo

There's a better way for everything - Find itThomas Edison

HUSNAA

alkanawi

"corgito ergo sum"

gogannaka

HUSNAA

A rose by any other name still smells sweet

*~MuDa~*

"Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas Alva Edison

Cool ehn?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Cool and true Muda
I came across one on opportunity some yrs back and I cant remember it.
Anyway lets say opportunity is 99% hardwork and 1% luck  ;)