News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

beautiful quotes

Started by ummi, February 16, 2003, 06:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mufi

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.       E. B. White
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

waduz

Have courage able bodied, even the blind struggles to "see."

Benjamin Disrael.

waduz

The definition of HUSBAND: The remains of a man after the nerve has been killed by a sweetheart.

By: Oscar Wilde.

sadiq

To guess is cheap
To guess wrongly is expensive

Tell me,i'll forget.
Show me,i may remember.
But involve me and i'll understand
                                        -Old Chinese proverb
oday s beautiful moments are tomorrow s golden memories.

sadiq

Idan ka gaisa da katuru da safe,
da yamma ze ce ka rungume shi
                                     -nurudeen

sadiq

While the individual man is an insolvable puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty. You can,for example,never foretell what any one man will do,but you can say with precision what an average number will be upto.
                                                                                                         -Arthur Conan

Bayya

Going through the realities of life;
dreams die
                                -Anonymous
Some dreams do come true

waduz

"A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is the one who contains himself when he is angry."

Prophet MUHAMMAD (SAW)

Bayya

"It is a mark of an educated mind to be
  able to entertain a thought without
  accepting it."
                                            - Aristotle.
Some dreams do come true

Mufi

It is far easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

FREDERICK DOUGLASS
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

HUSNAA

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Bayya

Quote from: Mumcee on November 07, 2007, 03:58:29 AM
It is far easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

FREDERICK DOUGLASS

Quote from: HUSNAA on November 07, 2007, 04:02:47 AM
Lallai kam!  ;D

Ban Gane ba?
Some dreams do come true

HUSNAA

Lol Bayya, kai da kasa 'some dreams do come true', ought to of all ppl understand what that quote meant.

It is easier to build strong children because all u do is give them good nourishing food a sound education and good upbringing to make them strong. Bugu da kari, they are on the verge of starting life and hopefully have no horrendous experiences, if they are well looked after.
A broken man/woman on the other hand is someone who has had some devastating experience(s) that have somehow changed him/her in a negative way. They find life not worth the effort or worth living. They are full of regrets of how life has turned out and there is probably no second chance as  time is against them.  They are not starting out in life as is the case with children. They have already had a great share of life and it probably hasnt been pretty. Also one cant break them of some of their bad habits as they are set in their ways.
PS too many psychological problems attached to broken ppl.

Bayya

Quote from: HUSNAA on November 07, 2007, 05:59:20 PM
Lol Bayya, kai da kasa 'some dreams do come true', ought to of all ppl understand what that quote meant.

A broken man/woman on the other hand is someone who has had some devastating experience(s) that have somehow changed him/her in a negative way.
PS too many psychological problems attached to broken ppl.

Na gane yanzu.  Da farko I thought abin feminism ne.
Some dreams do come true

HUSNAA

Lol! U want to start a gender war ko? ;D ;D