News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

beautiful quotes

Started by ummi, February 16, 2003, 06:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alkanawi

"In the race for excellence,there is no finish line"
Al-makhtoum
"corgito ergo sum"

HUSNAA

"A society in which plagiarism is possible between theologians of three different religions has indeed acheived a high degree of tolerance and symbiosis."

Bernard Lewis "The Jews of Islam"
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

'Don't allow the stuff that is still undone to undo you'

'Take time for the people who matter, otherwise you will lose them. Busyness is a destroyer of relationships.'

'All the success in the world won't compensate for the joy and treasure of your family and loved ones'
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

bakangizo

Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles - Charles Chaplin

gogannaka

Resurrecting an old thread.

"Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship."
Oscar Wilde

bakangizo

Marriages are made heaven - but so also Thunders and Lightnings. Anonymous

gogannaka

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on February 15, 2010, 03:09:36 PM
Marriages are made heaven - but so also Thunders and Lightnings. Anonymous

Thats a beautiful one.

gogannaka

"Secondly, what we have said (and I know that IMF doesn't like it) is that we are going to resist volatility. The Naira was being attacked. There were speculative attacks on the Naira. People were looking at oil price, looking at the foreign reserves, and said that Nigeria cannot sustain the Naira at this level and were therefore buying dollars.

The banks were round-trapping. So, the first task before me was to cut off the oxygen from round-trippers and speculators. What I said was, "look, we have foreign reserves of $40 billion. These banks that are playing come and buy $200 million. What is their total balance sheet? Let us hit them." And the moment I found out that somebody has come to buy too many dollars, I would go into the inter-bank market and hit him by dumping dollars on the market. And by the time people got burnt once or twice, they stopped it."

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

gogannaka

" I have always argued that the rotation principle is undemocratic but in our type of country that is heterogeous with several ethnic groups divided along regional sentiments, we have to allow this for some time. I believe that by the time each of the geo-political zones of the country have a taste of the presidency for eight years apiece, Nigeria would have matured enough to stop the zoning system. I expect that after 48 years from now, Nigerians would be more patriotic to look for anybody who can work for the country without sentiments attached.We have seen this happen in the US where an intelligent African-American in the name of Barack Obama was elected on his own merit and competence in a white dominated society. I see this happening in Nigeria one day"

Late Muhammadu Abubakar Rimi

ummutameem

"oh son of Adam, eat with one third of ur stomach and drink with one third and leave one third of ur stomach to breathe so that u may think" -Al Hasan Al Basree

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on May 13, 2010, 05:18:47 PM
" I have always argued that the rotation principle is undemocratic but in our type of country that is heterogeous with several ethnic groups divided along regional sentiments, we have to allow this for some time. I believe that by the time each of the geo-political zones of the country have a taste of the presidency for eight years apiece, Nigeria would have matured enough to stop the zoning system. I expect that after 48 years from now, Nigerians would be more patriotic to look for anybody who can work for the country without sentiments attached.We have seen this happen in the US where an intelligent African-American in the name of Barack Obama was elected on his own merit and competence in a white dominated society. I see this happening in Nigeria one day"

Late Muhammadu Abubakar Rimi

Rimi shall be eternally remembered politically. Although I never liked the man because of some reasons, which prominent among them was his baseless utterances. I think I once stated  more of these reasons aboard K-Online, yet I know he was a good leader. He at least left unerasable legacies here and there in Kano and Jigawa.

Quote from: ummutameem on May 13, 2010, 06:24:26 PM
"oh son of Adam, eat with one third of ur stomach and drink with one third and leave one third of ur stomach to breathe so that u may think" -Al Hasan Al Basree

Nice one there. But how can one gauge that? Am afraid I sound naive. lol :)
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

ummutameem

not naive at all, the way i gauge my stomach is 'if when i finish eating i can pray immediately', then ban ci dayawa ba but if when i finish eating n in na yi ruku'u abincin zai dawo, then ni ci dayawa, dats how i gauge my full tank, n so far so good, bana cin kyeta. abinda ba a so is kaci abinci har ka kasa numfashi ko numfashin ya zama da kyar

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

ummutameem

" heaven is under the feet of mothers"- hadith

gogannaka

Nice one.
May God bless our dear mothers.

'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'