News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

beautiful quotes

Started by ummi, February 16, 2003, 06:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

^^^ Can you, pls, shade more light on the "past of the saint"? Thanks
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Hehe,
baza ka saka ni in yi katobara ba fa.

But anyways i believe what the quote tries to say is that one should not loose hope in seeking forgiveness.
Good people must've done some bad things in the past before becoming saints.
Therefore,if u are a sinner you can become a good person.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on May 18, 2010, 03:59:36 PM
Hehe,
baza ka saka ni in yi katobara ba fa.

But anyways i believe what the quote tries to say is that one should not loose hope in seeking forgiveness.
Good people must've done some bad things in the past before becoming saints.
Therefore,if u are a sinner you can become a good person.

I don't think there is that necessity. Remember one thing: who and who were (or are) saints? The real Saint (s) never did anything wrong. Any ways I don't know or you mean saints like Paul. lol ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

LOL,
shiyasa nace ma kada ka saka nayi katobara.

Muhsin

How come than sa ka kai katobara da wayonka. ;D ;D ;D

ummutameem

architaecture starts where engineering stops

Suleman

An elderly nan of ours used to say " Kabila yana da wayo amma bashi da hankali". Translate that at your own peril.

bakangizo

Its not 'Kabila' if I remember correctly. But I won't say what.

gogannaka

LOL,
Why wont you say it BKGZ?
Now you've raised my curiosity.

Muhsin

ummutameem

i have a pretty good idea wat it is, but i wont say

'just because it is doesnt mean it should be'- australia-the movie

gogannaka

Yaya kuke boye ilimi ne?

Sometime we may be cynical. We may even mistake cynicism for wisdom, saying things like 'na today' or 'which one be my own'. In truth we need to be hopeful about Nigeria. Even if you think things are not as they should be and you feel that you cant do anything tangible to make it better at least believe things will get better. Such belief will release the creative power in you that I need to make things better.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

ummutameem

what a load of BS, n d guy was a lecturer. Anybody get wat hes saying, pls translate.

"A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is he who contains himself when he is angry"- hadith

gogannaka

UmmuT, i kind of think Goodlucks statement makes sense o!

Here's another one:

From all accounts the Nigerian environment is endangered. Our generation has a duty to stem the tide of degradation that is becoming our lot. Collectively we have to work to roll back desertification in the North, erosion in the Southeast and deforestation in the SouthWest. These along with the clean up of the Niger Delta's environment are of vital importance to me, for oil and gas will not last forever. When these resources dries up and/or the world finds an adequate alternative, we will have to rely on our environment for survival. As the night gives birth to morning and days to weeks, our programme in this sector will become clear. I would need your support. I want to request that we all look after our environment for it will look after us and the generations that will follow.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

ummutameem

ok ok, reading it again, i think it does. the second one though sounds like poetry 101, why is d guy rhyming? dont mind me, just dont want to give d guy a break, he still has not won me over, but there is still hope.

here is an interesting one:
"we are not in support of zoning and therefore,appeal to all advocates of zoning that they should be guided by the letters of the constitution and jettison any unconstitutional methods in their quest to grab power. . . they should apologise to Nigerians for criminally decentralising our presidency in their own concept of reform and class considration". . . .Arewa Youth Forum

now d big Q is, do we all feel like that?