News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

AFRICA panafricanism OR nationalism ? drop yours !

Started by Maqari, January 17, 2004, 02:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maqari

whuts the vedict ya'll ?( NO i aint preaching )
 comrades and coligues, let me first make clear my standpoint, before we indulge into any kind of political right left idealogies, im confident that i share intrest and social views with many of the members of this site, not just political and social but cultural as well , such as music and sports, yet i  exclusively want to trod the political and social grounds in this post because on my exessive curiosity and dilemmas about young nigerian hausa speaking young people's position in such matters,i hope to be previliged  to ask that you please back your theories with essential and logical reasoning as you present them, i also am intirely aware of the language factors in any forum as culturally diverse as this one , so do not feel obliged to write only in english,( i do so because of my unfortunate negligence and the fact that i spent the biggest portion of my life in the states Brooklyn new york to be exact )and find the english language to be the easiest for me ,so if hausa is the language you feel more cofortable or expressive in please proceed to make your points in it,( i read and it fairly well ) in conclusion i would proceed to add as a reminder that technology offers us one of the most uncensored way to communicate thoughts and idea and keep up with the progress of the other parts of world,and  i think in all honesty if you are only using it to download music or play games, you are just being a fu**in ' commodity to the growth of our society POINT BLANK !!! ONE peace

ummita

I wudhav said sum'en bout ur topic howeva its not really clear.......wat is it? D topic was juss tellin us bout :-/ but wat r u sayin? :-/
Quoteyet i  exclusively want to trod the political and social grounds in this post because on my exessive curiosity and dilemmas about young nigerian hausa speaking young people's position in such matters,i hope to be previliged  to ask that you please back your theories with essential and logical reasoning as you present them,
:-/
u wan2 know y we r comfy in speakin english or hausa?
u wan2 know y we speak or write in such ways?
or which of dem languages is d easiet? or apparently, y we tend 2 shorten......words or bring in new jargon? :-/
Brotha! Plzzzz elaborateeeeee, miez'underzstoowwwd ...............[/color][/b]
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

ummita

Quotei think in all honesty if you are only using it to download music or play games, you are just being a fu**in ' commodity to the growth of our society POINT BLANK !!! ONE peace
Brotha! ur words cud b passed & heard clearly without usin F'fin this! F'fin dat!!! I believe only young insensible boiz du dat & am sure u r way ova dat capacity but puhleeeeeeeezzzzzzz maturity demands in d world of language 2 refrain from swear words........

all dem boiz sef! ::) Americanised, londernised or shud I say  westernised. ::) (SHE LAFFS)
Ehen dnt 4got 2 make me understand wat ur post specifically entails........& u r most welkom 2 k-online

Hausanicious

The time I saw the topic what quickly comes into my mind was things like Aparthied, great ppl like Nelson Mandela, Robert Mugabe and the likes of them but when I go throught it I was lost. I don't actually know what point u r trying to stress.

Is it that u dont understand Hausa language or u dont want us to be mixing Hausa with English in our posts?

As my sista said, ur post need more explanation, so do something.
Say no Evil and Do no Evil unto Me,   Kunji Ko!

Maqari

this is for ummita and hausaniciuos , i stated quite clearly in my post what my aim is , i further explain that people should feel free to post replies in any language, i did not post this for any self glorification purposes and apologize  for the misunderstandings how ever i will again simply introduce the topic and i really will be disheartened by anymore off topic ranting,
my question is : DOES ANY ONE SEE PANAFRICANISM OR NATIONALISM AS A SOLUTION TO OUR SOCIAL UNBALANCE IN AFRICA ? AND PRESENT AN ARGUMENT BACKED WITH INTELLECTUAL REASONING FOR WHICHEVER ONE U PICK ? U CAN ALSO PROPOSE A THIRD SYSTEM IF SO YOU PLEASE ?
well i hope this clarify matters a bit , as for the profanity Ummita i strongly apologize , i just let emotion take over my judgement for a while , i will avoid doing so in the future
ONE peace

Maqari

Maqari

Anonymous

Kool post Magari, man I think one of d main problem is the languade difference like french, and english in Africa, if we all could understand our neighboring countries well it could make things alot easier, nationalism I can't feel it for Africa it's too fake, but for all of our neighborin countries just to understand each other well, and establish good communication would be a start, fe shizzle-O.

stay Kool fam

Maqari

thanks a lot sambo, a brilliant poit u made there,the language factor is a fair enough start,but why is nationalism bad for africa just curious ?

ummita

Magari, du not misjudge mah statements, of course ur post is absolutely brilliant as I'd stated earlier and am eva willin 2 contribute. Howeva ur post wasnt CLEAR mayb 2 mahself alone, apparently neither duz Hausanicious understand. If u'd read ur own post & wat I'd said u'd hav understand but on d otherhand u know wat u r tryin 2 pass out but we dont. Now hopefully u will understand where am cumin from.........neva d less now dat u've made it clear......which obviously differs from ur post we will provide our views as now I hav underzstoowwwddddd.....Bro we were not off topic rantin ::) neither did we say it 2 make u feel bad....but it is ur duty & obligation 2 make us understand if we simply didnt get it!!!!!!!!!!
*signs* I wonda y ppl get offended easily :-/

Maqari

ummita your post did not at all upset me, its quite the opposite , i wasnt as clear as i should have been , this based on the fact that  Hausanicious and i started this conversation in a different thread and i promised to continue it here , i clearly stated there that the question will be the topic of my post, so i dont know why he didnt understand, i dont think it necessarily takes a rocket scientist to figure that out either but however i apologize for your misunderstanding and look fowaerd to hearing your intelligent theory on the subject, it will be accepted warmheartedly and thoroughly appriciated
ONE peace

ummita

I personally think that languages is not the key problem neither will it b a solution 2 social unbalance. Bck in d days, lets say durin prehistoric tyms.....there was ONLY arabic but still there was discrmination of tribe, till present, even when we now have more thand hundreds of hudrends langauges, even languages in english is now changin wit slang words which is fast adopted by the young'inz.
Howeva, I cud say that yes different language does cause social unbalance.
As I can vividly remember, when I left sum part in Africa & I came 2 Nigeria, some part in the northern place. My family were fulaneez fulanis and in their own country french was like the second language. I went 2 further mah primary skool wahala & I simply cudnt transmit in english neither in hausa. I was being teased by lil girls and boys, I had difficulty in associating wit the hausa girls & of course d boiz made fun of me because I coudnt speak english.......in fact i diddnt know how 2 communicate in english till @ d age of .........lol (wateva) I wasnt bothered, both languages were not my mothers tongue, but that boi called (Sylvester d boss) always leaves me in tears, juss cuss I cant apeak english & hausa well!! (she laffs)  Yet 2day I stand a chance 2 say that am perfect b best hausa speaker xcept 4 sum minor minor mistakes!.......on frequent visits bck home, the tongue has to change.....some cnt transmit in hausa, neither english tlkless of dem even knowin theres oda languages such as Igbo & Yoruba......so yes it does cause social unbalance in the society.......
on the other hand, I think nationalism will stand d greatest unbalance. Why because even wit europeans.......we have alot of different speaking countries.Italians, Australians, Spanish, French xcetra xcetra. But we were brought up in ur mothers tongue......its much more easier 2 communicate. It's d language we've been hearin 4 so many yrs.....since we we were toddlers, those words like......."war' midilli".......
Now if nationalised, lets say all countries should adopt Swahili how can we do it? Everybody stick 2 mama & Baffas native tongue . Its d most easiestttttttttt & that language was d first thing u've heard & obeyed since wen u was babies....lyk d mum's sayin..."ZO" Mahfooz & d baby crawls up 2 d mum, now for instance wen d mother shud start speakin in Portugeese I wonda wat d babies reaction myt b :-/ We were not brought up in native tongues & not even english itself our language nope! Language of our colonial masters!!!!
Nationalism baddddddddd, very bad idea!!!!!!!

Maqari

nice post ummita,thanx for the donation of your time and thoughts to my humble thread, yet i couldnt help but notice a couple of mistakes, in your post i do not correct these mistakes to provoke any feelings of uneasiness,or advertise my knowledge of the facts, i do so geneuinely with intentions to better our understanding of history allow me the previlige to quoate your words:
"lets say durin prehistoric tyms.....there was ONLY arabic but still there was discrmination of tribe, till present, even when we now have more thand hundreds of hudrends langauges, even languages in english is now changin wit slang words which is fast adopted by the young'inz."
 Prehistoric niger valley (which includes kano) has no indication of any presence of arabs in the region,let alone the existance of the arabic language as a mean for mass communication,in fact it wasnt untill the sub saharan tradetimes that the region came in first contact with arabs, its true that the Hausa/fulani amalgamation with Arabian and Moorish cultures go back centuries ( details of which i cannot summerise in a post as small as this ) but not beyond pre ismlamic  Arabia which is only about 15 centuries ago,there is no account of any spoken language in any place in the universe duaring the prehistoric times, the first documented encounter of the arabs in africa was arround 600 AD when Abraha of the khabash attacked the city of mecca with his army of elephant this infamous even is documented in the holy qur'an "surat ul feel" or the chapter of the elephant , there was no other mention of any more encounters untill when prophect mohammed sent a deligate under Othman ibn Affan to Najjash the ruling king then of khabasha , which according to historical and archeological facts is now the country of Etheopia, this name having been accquired after the Greaks invasion of the area, the term ETHIOPIA are two old Greak phrases A?thiom Ops meaning the burnt or blackened faces refering to the complection of the africans.

the second mistake i happen to notice i credited to typo but for the sake of the people who do not have as much data on the matter as you and i , im compelled to adress it :

" Why because even wit europeans.......we have alot of different speaking countries.Italians, Australians, Spanish, French xcetra xcetra"

I notice that you included australia  amongst european contries, this must be some kind of a typing error but it might confuse someone with lesser information so for the sake of learning,australia is a continent of its own and is not in any way a part of the european union , our comrade Ummita must have meant austria , a devoloping country in europe that shares boaders with Germany swiss italy and Hungary , this is a common mistake that many people make especially Americans,but i should not be making any critism , i suck in geogaphy my self

*~MuDa~*

( i do so because of my unfortunate negligence and the fact that i spent the biggest portion of my life in the states Brooklyn new york to be exact )

waye ya tambaye shi, sabi-sabi! My priend break down ur English small-small!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Hafsy_Lady

DEN DEN DEN!!!! MHMMM MUDACRIS YOU DEY LOOK FOR TROUBLE........IF MAGARI SEES THIS!!!!!!! :o

"KASAN YACE BAYASON ANA OFF RANTING TOPICS DINSHI KO? ;D

BREAK DOWN TURANCI.........EXPECT A LONG REPLY FROM HIM ;D

THIS IS A GOOD POST, I WILL REPLY VERY SOON
What you see is what you get[/b]