News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Death Penalty In Islam: A Case for Adultery

Started by Waziri, September 09, 2003, 07:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eskimo

my conclusion is every muslim agreed wid Mallam Waziri since there is no serious argument against his opinion yet.

Chapter closed

are you suggesting that I am not a muslim or what?
I dont agree with many points raised by malam Waziri
coz I see no valid to believe it.

Can I also conculude that every muslim did agree with him????

It  seems this thread is now choked off...anybody can just come and say what he feels like saying...even hiding names!

Well I dont want to loose my head...FREEDOM OF SPEECH...

case closed!
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

Anonymous

QuoteThank you, Maleek, for your generous,charitable and very sensible post.

Looks like some other contributors to this forum don't like hearing the truth!

Mac Ewan has got it right, some people do not want the truth told. Maleek, God bless you. Eskimo tell us ur reason for not agreeing with Mallam Waziri. You cannot just disagree without proofs. it is my name as your name is Eskimo. Don't join in the train of those who jest others sayiung they will get the award of the best logo of the week.

Waziri

I find it necessary to speak again after making formal submission not to attend to this issue again. It appears like some members think we want to impose our understanding of laws here. No. The truth of the matter is we believe in something and think only a superior argument can change our perception of it.

This debate has really been dragged for too long. We are here to learn, agree and disagree for better understanding. If I have offended any body I lay in suplication seeking for forgiveness which forms the paradigm of the thoughts and actions of every Muslim.

To everybody we pronounce love loud and sincere. And for Jack Fulcher, I don't think we need any casration beyond the mere expression of the truth. After all it is only here we live to speak. When we die it is nothing that will come around here to represent us but aura. So I conclude:

There is no better story than this we live
For we only live once and die
Why then do I cry?
Let me laugh till the day I die.

Jack_Fulcher

Well, maybe I misunderstood our "Guest," but it seems that he or she is telling us that "real" Muslims agree with Waziri, and there is no need to discuss the matter further.  Eskimo was justly outraged at this suggestion.

I agree that I went too far to bring up castration as a possible cure for Mr. Waziri's and al-Hamza's apparent inability to control themselves around women, and for this I do apologize (apologise, Dave?).  It seems to me, however, that the attitude that somehow the woman "has it coming" because of the way she dresses or walks is something from the ninteenth century and has no place in our world.  This is just another example of blaming someone or something else for our problems and not taking personal responsibility.  This is an attitude that has its roots in the times when women were considered the property of men, either as daughters or wives.  I hope that we can move beyond those times.  Women have a lot to offer society, in the home, in the workplace, and in politics, but they need to be treated as partners, not chattel.  

And our Guest's suggestion that women can chime in on this subject, but only if they quote scripture, is nothing less than insulting.  I am interested in hearing from the women on this board about their experiences, or the experiences of their friends, with rape or other harassment by men, and how that is handled under the Shariah laws.  Did you get justice?  Can you count on the authorities to help you?  Or do you just have to keep your mouth shut?  Or is this the sort of thing that is handled between families, like with the Mafia?  

Or did you, heaven forbid, ever work with Arnold Scharzenegger?

Interesting posts.  I like what you write, Maleek.  Your interpretation of the Qu'ran is beautiful and loving, and this is my understanding as well.  Even Mr. Waziri gives a "live and let live" interpretation.  I must say, though, that it is hard to reconcile this attitude with the execution of a poor peasant woman for having sex outside of marriage.  I asked a Jewish friend of mine (another bridge partner, of course...) why the Jews do not enforce this old version of the Mosaic laws, and she said that it was just not taken seriously by Jews in the modern world, that most use the religion for personal growth and health, like the dietary restrictions.  Her attitude was also one of "live and let live."  I only wish Sharon and his henchmen would do the same (another topic).

Got to go.  Hasta la vista, baby!

Jack