News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

OVERSEAS SCHOOLING FOR NORTHERN CHILDREN / Will U send ur Children to study Abroad...why or why not?

Started by Dan-Sokoto, October 05, 2002, 04:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlbash

Quote from: "amira"Ther are two points to ur question.the gud n d bad.

u kno how tins are nowadays if you send ur kids to study abroad there will be thins that they will pick up from other ppl, wen these kids start mixing with ppl not there kind eg turawa za su koya abubuwa iri iri wanda basu dace ba and towards addini musulunci.

N d gud tin is wen they go schoolin abroad u kno that they are going to get that education,unlike sumtyms for naija you get dem strikes.
:)
But then if the kids are those that really want to study and have it in their hearts then its no problem kwai de ay ta addua.  :)

I CAN SAY YOU HAVE A GOOD WAY OF APPROACHING MATTERS, I AGREE WITH YOU, ABSOLUTELY!
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

mlbash

Quote from: "Bakan~Gizo"No way will I send my kid(s) to study abroad. The disadvantages far outweigh the advantages. I have a friend living in London. He just sent his kids back to Kano last week to start their primary education.  Him and his wife are both working. For one, the cost of hiring a nanny or day care for the children will be too much. Secondly, the moral, religious or cultural implication or your kids attending school there.

THAT MAKES THE TWO OF US MR. BAKAN GIZO. I WAS TOLD ABOUT ONE KANO BABE LIVNG IN UK, A DOUGHTER TO ONE BIG SHOT, WHEN SHE LEFT NIG. WAS DECENT AND RELIGIOUS, NOW I WAS TOLD MOST OF THE TIME SHE USE TO BE CARRIED HOME FROM THE CLUB, HIGHLY DRUNK! ALLAH YA KIYAYE!

amira

Quote from: "mlbash"
Quote from: "Bakan~Gizo"No way will I send my kid(s) to study abroad. The disadvantages far outweigh the advantages. I have a friend living in London. He just sent his kids back to Kano last week to start their primary education.  Him and his wife are both working. For one, the cost of hiring a nanny or day care for the children will be too much. Secondly, the moral, religious or cultural implication or your kids attending school there.

THAT MAKES THE TWO OF US MR. BAKAN GIZO. I WAS TOLD ABOUT ONE KANO BABE LIVNG IN UK, A DOUGHTER TO ONE BIG SHOT, WHEN SHE LEFT NIG. WAS DECENT AND RELIGIOUS, NOW I WAS TOLD MOST OF THE TIME SHE USE TO BE CARRIED HOME FROM THE CLUB, HIGHLY DRUNK! ALLAH YA KIYAYE!

It sooooooo tru, am in london n hear bout these tins, ppl cumn from home decent and religious but as soon as they reach d LDN thins change all we have to say is ALLAH YA SHIRYA AMEEN SUMMA AMEEN
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Yarkwye ce

Well many people are like that...but one thing you need to realize is that....A gida yaro na Addini da ladabi and all the good things....but no matter how good da tarbiyan da yaro ya samu, ba shi ne zai hana shi iskanci ba. duck wanda ya shiga iskanci toh fa daman chan yana so yayi a ranshi... and the parents should even know what sort of children they have idan kuma ya dace su kaisu kasar waje karatu. some parents ignore the fact that Yaransu fa iskanci suke a waje, (dem dey hear storys and hints from people fa)...& most of them Ignore it...they just want their kids to study abroad, becoz this person son dey there...thats all that matters to them.  :roll: (Allah sawake)
and some...(I c alot of this) the parents are very strict....they dont even let the kids have boy/friends or girl/friends.... (not that they should but atleast let them asociate with the opposite sex even if dem dey stop them trust me they go still break the rules fa (we were onces all kids if not still for someothers) they control the kids kamar me...(kun dai gane ba?) & all of a sudden they carry their pikins come drop for London or America....Su daya .....'FREEDOM LAND  fa a ka ce. NO mama no papa(Lala Land  :wink: )  :lol: 10 out of 100 are the only once dat wount go wild. is like the saudi Arabian Kids, when they go to america or London to study....daga shan BEER SAI wannna Iskancin sai wanchan. saboda all their life basu samu sake waba.
Allah dai ya sawake kuma ya kare mu duka(coz satan is everywhere) even some kids coming from a good household... staying under their parents roof,they still misbehave... ba wai kawai aika yaro kasan waje ne ya ke sa yara su lala ce ba...it can happen anywhere... all the parents need to be doing is knowing whats going on in your child's life...ask questions and be noisy....after all they are still your chidren!! :)  (but kai i take them been noisy...but they should know whats Up with their babies) sai dai allah ya kiya ye
GoT SuYa?!! ;)

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: "Yarkwye ce"HOw many people in here will send their children to study abroad!! why or why not?
For me dai...Aaskiya Yara na dole suje Secondary School a Naija (that is idan ban yi aure a Nigeria ba...& if I and my husband can afford it  :D ) but Jamiaa kam a gaskiya banda Nigeria. Ko Ghana na aika yarana....
:P

Hehehe...Yarkawye, kin tabo baban magana, me i will send my kids abroad on some basic conditions, zat zey habe a strong background on religious traditions here in Nija pirst, n zey must habe pinished zeir frimary n secondary education here too. It is only apter zat i can allow ze one i notice high religious aculturation in him/her.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

bakangizo

Quote from: "mudacris"
Hehehe...Yarkawye,  me i will send my kids abroad on some basic conditions, zat zey habe a strong background on religious traditions here in Nija pirst, ...
Which they will easily forget when they land in oyibo land, sai dai in Allah ya kare su.

Yarkwye ce

sai fa idan kawai ya je ya barsu a wajan ba checking on them or let have someone look after them. and i believe cewar, if u have open relationship with your children, toh fa they sure will let you know whats up in their life...and when you dont ask them questions and dont have open relationships, toh fa u will never knw what they be doing.
allah dai kare yaran mu da mu kan mu :!:
GoT SuYa?!! ;)

mlbash

BAWAI INA SO MUYI MUSU BANE , AMMA DAI THE POINT IS THAT EVEN IN CHEMISTRY THERE IS WHAT THEY CALL CATALYST; HENCE TAKING YOUR CHILDREN THERE MEANS YOU ARE SPEEDING THE RATE OF CHEMICAL REACTION WHICH CAN BE READ AS PHYSICALLY,CHEMICALLY, PSYCHOLOGICALLY AND OF COURSE BIOLOGICALLY! I HOPE YOU READ ME :lol:

Yarkwye ce

GoT SuYa?!! ;)

mlbash

Quote from: "Yarkwye ce":roll:  :?  :?:  :idea:  :?   :lol:

YOU SAID NOTHING, DO YOUREAD ME?

Fateez

Salamz everyone, Nice topic yarkwye and welxx

On this studying abroad issue: I guess as a parent, considering u brought

up the child, then there'll definitely be a stage where u can analyse ur

child's behaviour, at that stage u'd be able to measure ur child's level of

rawar kai and u shud know ur child's tendency to be bad and the

possibility of ur child to derail from the path that u have paved for

him/her. So i guess my answer to this question is if my pikin has strong

head from the beginning (not that i'm praying 4 dat for myself or

anyone), I'd not let him/her outta my sight. But if the child seems worthy

of my trust and doesn't look like he/she is going to betray my trust, then i

might consider that. Anyways, dats a matter of da future.

*cough* u ppl are even 4getting 1 important issue, If i no get money how

i go send my pikin abroad? Abi i go starve myself dey soak garri because

of that? Maybe by then ganyen rogo wudn't be a bad idea  :P  Financial

Status: Very important. Besides, lets pray by then Our dear nigerian

universities have improved and can be able to give the same type of

education that the foreign unis are giving. Then everyone wud be happy,

ko? Allah dai ya zabi mafi Alheri.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Yarkwye ce

GoT SuYa?!! ;)

Yarkwye ce

Fatezz watin u talk na true... e no dey ez to send man pikin go study 4 abroad. allah dai ya rabamu da talauci. idan kuma allah zai mana arzuki toh fa allah sa halack malack ne.  :D
GoT SuYa?!! ;)

tmega

[idan kuma allah zai mana arzuki toh fa allah sa halack malack ne.]

i dey wit u. i dont want child to wait 4 long doin notin

mlbash

Quote from: "Fateez"Salamz everyone, Nice topic yarkwye and welxx

On this studying abroad issue: I guess as a parent, considering u brought

up the child, then there'll definitely be a stage where u can analyse ur

child's behaviour, at that stage u'd be able to measure ur child's level of

rawar kai and u shud know ur child's tendency to be bad and the

possibility of ur child to derail from the path that u have paved for

him/her. So i guess my answer to this question is if my pikin has strong

head from the beginning (not that i'm praying 4 dat for myself or

anyone), I'd not let him/her outta my sight. But if the child seems worthy

of my trust and doesn't look like he/she is going to betray my trust, then i

might consider that. Anyways, dats a matter of da future.

*cough* u ppl are even 4getting 1 important issue, If i no get money how

i go send my pikin abroad? Abi i go starve myself dey soak garri because

of that? Maybe by then ganyen rogo wudn't be a bad idea  :P  Financial

Status: Very important. Besides, lets pray by then Our dear nigerian

universities have improved and can be able to give the same type of

education that the foreign unis are giving. Then everyone wud be happy,

ko? Allah dai ya zabi mafi Alheri.

yeah to some extent what you said is true but that atmosphere, oh girl i deh fearam je je!