News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

JIGAWA AT FIVE: STILL AN EGREGIOUS PURGATORY

Started by Nuruddeen, June 01, 2004, 09:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuruddeen

:(  :(  :( JIGAWA AT FIVE: STILL AN EGREGIOUS PURGATORY.

By
Jibo Nura
Date: 29th May,2004.
E- mail: jibonura@yahoo.com

When I woke up first thing in the morning of Saturday 29th May 2004, my mind just started reflecting over the happenings in my state. After reminiscing over time, I feel disgruntled about the pathetic situations of our people. In fact, I exhausted all my thinking faculty, trying to picture out meaningful projects in the state from 1999 to date, but only came to conclude that there are nothing much to show in terms of significant developments throughout this five year of democratic rule. The only thing that one can ubiquitously see, that is even if he/she cares to look, are nothing other than comical overtures, which have been installed permanently into the polity by the ?claimed? political trumpeters; who hardly convince their electorates on the authenticity of their policies, nor can they explain the genuine ness of their kangaroo set ups. Though the government of the state always claims that it has performed above average, but looking closely at its activities, one would find that boundaries no longer exist between some of its activities and those in the presidency. Perhaps, it could be the reason why President Olusegun Obasanjo reportedly commended the Governor for doing something out of the ordinary. Because the duo (Turaki and Obasanjo) share something in common- globetrotting! Hence, Turaki?s incessant travels abroad could attract such commendations from Obasanjo.
Actually, even before the president?s and other international organ?s blind commendations, Turaki?s disenchanted projects deserve commendation of a non-performer. For instance, the ?internet bank? in Dutse, ?alternative energy center? in Buji, ?sugar cane factory? in Hadejia, ?school of informatics? (first of its kind in Africa!), research institute, which was born out of the mosquito and citrus research teams sent to Brazil and China in 2001; are some of the incredible programmes that disturb the people of Jigawa state.
The question here is that have these projects any impact or direct relevance to the people of the state? Jigawa being largely rural and considering the fact that 90 percent of their populations are peasant farmers and workers, it is expected that the condition of existence of these toilers, which constitutes the majority, should have really mattered. And as I always argue that the most crucial, pervasive and apparent aspect of the condition of existence of these people are poverty, acute need of basic essentials such as clean water, food, electricity, roads, shelter, clothing and education. Everything else is only important in relation to these problems.
Therefore my own definition of five years of democratic progress and/or dividend is beyond the farcical Broadband internet access network (Jigawa hub), which was mischievously alleged that it would be put to completion in Novenber2001 and that it could cover 75 percent of the world population. Over six million dollars was spent on this very project but yet not up to one- third of the state is connected to it, not to talk of supplying two- third of the world population. What a pity! What I am saying is also beyond opening Institute of Informatics, where the Jigawa state government on equipments alone- just to admit 30-40 percent diploma students inconsiderably spent more than 52 million Naira; let alone other students in the universities and institutions of higher learning stranded, without bursary for over two years. Those in Ahmadu Bello University, who up till today cannot collect their outstanding allowances due to the government?s selective application of justice, can testify to this fact. Ironically, these students when put together, are the least in number when compared to their counterparts in other states of the country. So where does the rationality behind the government?s outcry of the student?s welfare lie?
Therefore, when addressing matters like these, one needs to look beyond the superficial. For, if situations turn out to be sour, then the truth must be told as such. Hence, the issue is above shuttling out of the country for over forty days, all in quest for ?foreign implementable projects? for Jigawa state. Though Hadejia farmers will live to regret the foolhardy of planting large hectares of sugar cane, which was given to them as ? foreign variety?, even without being shown a single processor on ground.
Certainly, the issue is: what can Jigawa state people show and boast to Nigerians and world over, five years after investing her vast wealth in Malaysia, China, Singapore and Brazil?
Definitely, those investors will one day stand before God and us and offer a concrete explanation. And that very day is fast approaching.

Jibo Nura,
E-mail: jibonura@yahoo.com :cry: :cry:  :cry:  
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Shiekh

a borehole was constructed(started at midnight) and launched the following morning before midday
ai ana aiki!
:shock: :roll:  :o

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "Shiekh"a borehole was constructed(started at midnight) and launched the following morning before midday
ai ana aiki!

Gaskiya ne, Allah  ya kiyaye Sheikh. Abin sai dai muce Allah ya kyauta.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Shiekh

Amin. amma idan za'a zabi shugabanni agaba sai a kiyaye, ko?

surajo

To malam Allah ya gyara mana amma........................................
UMORS ARE CARRIED BY .......... SPREAD BY ............ AND ACCEPTED BY POOOOOOOOLSSS!!!!!!!!!!

jewel(abdulgee22)

Quote from: "Shiekh"a borehole was constructed(started at midnight) and launched the following morning before midday
ai ana aiki!

SHIEKH YAYA NE ABI MR. TURAKI YA GANKA NE. KAR FA IN DAKI GARWA. MAKE I RUN B4 I COME SAY SOMSIN BAD. U GO SEND ME INTERPOL HERE.
for those that sleep their dreams is a reality, wake up is just an illussion."

jewel of d nile.

Indabawa

What ever one would say about Saminu Turaki,what is incntrovertible is his way of settling political differences, and his ability of silencing his critics.

Me thinks,what Jibo Nura reflects and highlighted was indeed instructive and has also raised the much talked about "style" of Turaki's governance.But why should "The Mafia Manager",includes his email address conspicously?Is he also anticipating a "settlement" from Turaki,knowing fully that he had recently affects and considering a "minor" reshufflement of his government?

I believe our interest should be on how to provide constructive critisms and to also advice those in power with out necessarily harbouring an ulterior motive.

I hope my friend the mafia manager has not derailed by criticising Saminu Turaki simply for the need to be settled at the end -ala come and chop!
e who kneels to Allah can stand up to anything.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "Indabawa"What ever one would say about Saminu Turaki,what is incntrovertible is his way of settling political differences, and his ability of silencing his critics.

Me thinks,what Jibo Nura reflects and highlighted was indeed instructive and has also raised the much talked about "style" of Turaki's governance.But why should "The Mafia Manager",includes his email address conspicously?Is he also anticipating a "settlement" from Turaki,knowing fully that he had recently affects and considering a "minor" reshufflement of his government?

I believe our interest should be on how to provide constructive critisms and to also advice those in power with out necessarily harbouring an ulterior motive.

I hope my friend the mafia manager has not derailed by criticising Saminu Turaki simply for the need to be settled at the end -ala come and chop!

Pls Indabawa I am two big for that. Kindly go and find out who Jibo Nura is. I implore you to go to Jigawa and ask or find about the persona you are dealing with. Besides, let me refer you to my: Jigawa Development plan: an anatomy of failure(http// Gamji.com/ amanaonline.com). Between Gov. Turaki, scholarship board and the plight of Jigawa state students(Gamji.com/amanaonline.com and DailyTrust Newspaper)Gov. Turaki's misplaced priorities( Daily Trust Newspaper).
If u like I can give you photocopies of all the articles.

As regards to using my e-mail, this is one thing that is very known to those who are conversant with my writings not even at kanoonline not at amana but at various newspapers including my Triumph column. And the purpose is to give room for people's comments, criticisms, observations, rejoinders ad infinitum. So don't be Silly on issues.
Sincerely,
Jibo.

waz

Nuruddeen this is a critique, not a personal attack!

"JIGAWA AT FIVE: STILL AN EGREGIOUS PURGATORY".

I believe the article is about the failure or inadequacy of Turaki's government, yet your tittle suggests otherwise. From the tittle one would expect to read an article about Jigawa suffering because it's people deserve that kind of government and what they're going through is as a result of their past deeds or sins which they must pay for before they get a decent administration. Please check your tittle very well it's inappropriate for the article. And while we're on that issue, can you please try to bear in mind the rules of writing and journalism, which include; always use simple words so that your readers can keep up, and in this case, so that you can make your point without contradicting yourself or giving the readers the wrong impression.
NB
The use of Big Words does not necessarily make you appear more intelligent!

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "waz"Nuruddeen this is a critique, not a personal attack!

"JIGAWA AT FIVE: STILL AN EGREGIOUS PURGATORY".

I believe the article is about the failure or inadequacy of Turaki's government, yet your tittle suggests otherwise. From the tittle one would expect to read an article about Jigawa suffering because it's people deserve that kind of government and what they're going through is as a result of their past deeds or sins which they must pay for before they get a decent administration. Please check your tittle very well it's inappropriate for the article. And while we're on that issue, can you please try to bear in mind the rules of writing and journalism, which include; always use simple words so that your readers can keep up, and in this case, so that you can make your point without contradicting yourself or giving the readers the wrong impression.
NB
The use of Big Words does not necessarily make you appear more intelligent!

Mr. Waz, we are all in the learning process. The title of my article has nothing to do with a sort of intelligence as you are mischievously trying to assert. The fact that people can read the contents and understand that's all. It does not mean that one has to please all( you inclusive). You may be a journalist in your own way but I 've never passed via any journalism school yet 'am trying my pen as a writer. And that does not stop me from being a columnist. And I want to let you know that am a scientist by born( a bonafide engineer!) and I 've never claimed to be intelligent or do I? Moreover, I can assure you that the best writers in the the world even in humanities are scientist. Because the have what is called an inherent analytical mind.

Perhaps,pessimists like you don't even know  what writing or expressing opinion is all about. As regards to your inept perception about grammer, I would want to say sorry to you. By God grace I will one day come down to your
level.
Jibo Nura.

Indabawa

Quote from: "Nuruddeen"
Quote from: "Indabawa"What ever one would say about Saminu Turaki,what is incntrovertible is his way of settling political differences, and his ability of silencing his critics.

Pls Indabawa I am two big for that. Kindly go and find out who Jibo Nura is. I implore you to go to Jigawa and ask or find about the persona you are dealing with. Besides, let me refer you to my: Jigawa Development plan: an anatomy of failure(http// Gamji.com/ amanaonline.com). Between Gov. Turaki, scholarship board and the plight of Jigawa state students(Gamji.com/amanaonline.com and DailyTrust Newspaper)Gov. Turaki's misplaced priorities( Daily Trust Newspaper).
If u like I can give you photocopies of all the articles.

As regards to using my e-mail, this is one thing that is very known to those who are conversant with my writings not even at kanoonline not at amana but at various newspapers including my Triumph column. And the purpose is to give room for people's comments, criticisms, observations, rejoinders ad infinitum. So don't be Silly on issues.
Sincerely,
Jibo.

Thank you very much Jibo Nura,"the mafia manager".Thank you for your dazed reply.I may be silly quite alright, by cautioning you not to be "derailed" in your criticisms of those in authority.But i do not want you also to appear silly, by trying to sweep under the carpet the antecedents of Saminu Turaki,in his treatment of his so called critiques.You should have perhaps, as a "columnist", tried to refute tne claim that most of Turaki's critiques, are now part of his government "chopping" their share.Moreover,you should have tried to convince us on the reason why it is necessary for you to supply your address conspicously.The reasons you proffered so far are not cogent,rational,convincing and therefore does not hold water.

This forum,for your information, is quite different from what is obtainable in News paper.Here, the level of how far one can go with the truth is essentially dictated by the level of ones conscience.And i believe some of us are journalists or commentators;but we choose to operate under the cover of various screen names, just for the sake professionalism and the liberty to spew as much facts as possible,with out nececessarily having the worry of the editor.

Therefore, we expect nothing short from you, than for you to convince us that you did not deliberarately dispalay your email address,simply in anticipation of a chop-chop invitation from Turaki.

It does not matter wether you are "two big",or three big...my brother,relax and address issues calmly.

waz

Mr. Waz, we are all in the learning process. The title of my article has nothing to do with a sort of intelligence as you are mischievously trying to assert. The fact that people can read the contents and understand that's all. It does not mean that one has to please all( you inclusive). You may be a journalist in your own way but I 've never passed via any journalism school yet 'am trying my pen as a writer. And that does not stop me from being a columnist. And I want to let you know that am a scientist by born( a bonafide engineer!) and I 've never claimed to be intelligent or do I? Moreover, I can assure you that the best writers in the the world even in humanities are scientist. Because the have what is called an inherent analytical mind.

Perhaps,pessimists like you don't even know  what writing or expressing opinion is all about. As regards to your inept perception about grammer, I would want to say sorry to you. By God grace I will one day come down to your
level.
Jibo Nura.

My my, someone is on the defensive. Please put your ego aside for one minute and be thankfull that there are people who find time not only to read your tired posts, but also to comment on them. At the begining i asked you not to take my criticisms personally yet that's exactly what you are doing, hmm how ironical, here you are self rightously criticising someone's administration but the moment someone criticises your writing you get all fired up!
Mr. Nuruddeen all i did was made some corrections and suggestions, aren't scientists open to corrections? And if YOU can't accept them, then prove that you're right, but don't resort to insults, coz you sound more like an illogical jerk than someone with an "analytical mind".

_Waziri_

Assalamu Alaikum,

I am sorry to intervene here but really the situation calls for some understanding.

The main thesis in Nuruddeen's article above should be criticised if it is flawed both in form and content. If he had told a lie against Turaki it should be pointed. If the scenario he painted does not hold true in Jigawa let him be countered with valid postulations.

However I can see my other friend Indabawa only saying Nuru wants settlement just for the simple reason that he had his adress displayed up there. I think in this we must not read motives that are not clearly spelt. Prophet of Islam says: Zannu lil Mu'mina Khaira

Meaning: (In the absence of any tangible proof) we should think the best out of our fellow believers' actions.

Concerning the title which my namesake Waz is complaining about, we must not forget that journalism is all about exageration( unfornate as that maybe).

Finally, when ever we write what is most important is for us to define our audience; who and who do we want to speak to. If we want only and only the elites to read our writings then we can go for what I term  "maximum" wordings. If we want to write for the general public, the mass, we can go for simpler expressions.

But yet I think if you are a regular reader of Gamji website you will recall a popular columnist up there named: Paul Mamza who also has style in "maximum" wordings. I am not sure, but I think he mentored Jibo Nura, the unmistakable Mafia Manager.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "Indabawa"

Thank you very much Jibo Nura,"the mafia manager".Thank you for your dazed reply.I may be silly quite alright, by cautioning you not to be "derailed" in your criticisms of those in authority.But i do not want you also to appear silly, by trying to sweep under the carpet the antecedents of Saminu Turaki,in his treatment of his so called critiques.You should have perhaps, as a "columnist", tried to refute tne claim that most of Turaki's critiques, are now part of his government "chopping" their share.Moreover,you should have tried to convince us on the reason why it is necessary for you to supply your address conspicously.The reasons you proffered so far are not cogent,rational,convincing and therefore does not hold water.

This forum,for your information, is quite different from what is obtainable in News paper.Here, the level of how far one can go with the truth is essentially dictated by the level of ones conscience.And i believe some of us are journalists or commentators;but we choose to operate under the cover of various screen names, just for the sake professionalism and the liberty to spew as much facts as possible,with out nececessarily having the worry of the editor.

Therefore, we expect nothing short from you, than for you to convince us that you did not deliberarately dispalay your email address,simply in anticipation of a chop-chop invitation from Turaki.

It does not matter wether you are "two big",or three big...my brother,relax and address issues calmly.

That's good Bros, I  am very happy to hear that you are  a journalist in disguise. But Mr. Indabawa I want you to get this straight into your head
that as a journalist if you don't know the essence of accompanying articles and writeups with addresses and E-mails you are just a Quack practioner in journalism who don't even deserve to be given a certificate. My reasons are explicit. I have overtly stated that and I repeat that the likes of Indabawa,Turaki, and a host of others can't get me intimidated. This forum like u said is just an avenue to display intellectualism and believe you me whatever I put on paper am  sure of it. I don't write based on emotions!!!! As Turaki's crony I expect more of Frogs and "Big variety of Fishes" together with broad band access netwrorks that he and his gaunlet crowds (you inclusive) have been promising since inception to date. It doesn't take the blind a second to know that "Turaki's Jigawa "is the least in the country in all whatever you can think up  -be it develpomental projects or otherwise. I had wanted you to take me on the substance of the issues I raised in my article rather than resorting to obscurants' pathological drama. Since you can not fathom out the main thrust in my ideas,  I doubt very much if you 'd ever nderstand.
My dear journalist, I want to add this to your knowledge that Issues, criticisms, comments and obsrvations in any democratic settings if done on constructive basis are not a  threat to DEMOCRACY at all. For Turaki, you and every other I can categorically state here that Using public funds to build castles abroad is really beyond our understanding. Indabawa, Get informed that Turaki has acted the way you do but he couldn't succeed and I strongly believe that once addressing an issue of national and regional importance, I don't compromise on that.

Pls, Indabawa I suggest that let us talk about the matters at issue and keep sentiments and resentments aside. And it's peopl like you that made me to think that whenever I am optimistic about the situations in my state, you always dislodge my concept and ideologies to a genetic monstrosity preferring a pessimistic posture in a context of paradoxical contradiction.
Pls, ponder over this that:"Twelve years after a state capital remains an ordinary village".

See u in the gathering for further enlightment pls.

I remain loyal,
MAFIA MANAGER.

Indabawa

Yet to address the issues i've raised...only a display of a dazed and disoriented rantings of a theatric!