News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Kano Online Get together 2004

Started by admin, July 19, 2004, 06:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiekh

Abdalla

The British Council, Kano, has graciously agreed to provide us with a space to hold our Kanoonliners Get together on Saturday August 14, 2004, insha Allah. We held last years' event at the same venue.

So this is system-wide invitation to all KanoOnliners to get together at the British Council on Saturday August 14, 2004 for this year's annual convention.

Abdalla

Fateez

Quote from: "Hafsy_Lady" Salamualaikum brothers...........
Mhmmm its been a while since I last stepped toe to the general forum is full of politics wahala which is so good though am so anti-politics and the topics here burns my head lol.
Anyway just to know whats the REALLLLLLLLLLLLL REAAAAAAAAL REAAAAAAAAL REALLLLLLLLLLLLL reason for the get together? Am not opposing to it in any way. But to meet people is not enough reason for me. JUST TO MEET PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! In my own little thinking and from personal experiances. A freind of mine has a webiste & the freinds holds like a get to gether once a year. Alot of activities are organised. Like promoting the website, giving out souveniers, getting people that will sponsor like a few Nairas monthly for orphans(no amount is too little, you know..........and things like that. Myself and a few freind some who are also members of this forum were among those enlightening the less priviledged & illetrate women about the importance of hijab wearing, social values, religious values & we even helped a few women get jobs doing handcraft: tailoring, knitting, pot making and alot more. You know the members of kanoonline should really do something for society, for the less priviledged people,for muslim ummah.

It sounds dull if people are just going there to sit & say "oh that Aisha or that Amina or thats Aminu" well to me!!!!! :?  Finger foods & drinks sai pictures............thats all!!!!!!!! Well it still sounds a good idea. Thou admin u betta have a long agenda. Its up to individuals to make their selves present I guess alot will be willing to go.
Allah ya tabbatar da Alkhair
Ma'assalam

Good thinkin,
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

EMTL

Quote from: "Abdalla"The British Council, Kano, has graciously agreed to provide us with a space to hold our Kanoonliners Get together on Saturday August 14, 2004, insha Allah. We held last years' event at the same venue.

So this is system-wide invitation to all KanoOnliners to get together at the British Council on Saturday August 14, 2004 for this year's annual convention.

Abdalla

Assalamu alaikum,
Could you please share the Agenda of the 'Get Together' with us?
Are members allowed to suggest something for inclussion in the Agenda?
I hope it is not going be something like a 'speech-given-day'. .....  but
can I, for instance, come and present a gift for the 'WORST GOSHIPPER', etc, etc.?
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

gogannaka

Ni ma dai i think hafsy has a point.
Allah dai ya kaimu.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Fulanizzle

hafsy...gurl...1 luv da way u think..thats great...!!!

but they said it will be on the 14th...u guys think time will allow all that????
what u guys say bout it?
)

Nuruddeen

Who says anything about discrimination and selfishness?Does Nuruddeen actually knows the meaning of the name i bears -Indabawa ?

Admin,i think we better revert this discussinon forum in to vernacular! :lol:[/quote]

Da Allah ka yi Hakuri ya Muallim ba abin da nake nufi ba kenan. Kuma wata kila ban fahimce kaba ne saboda ina sauri shi yasa. To amma "like I said, I beg your pardon Brother".
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "Hafsy_Lady" Salamualaikum brothers...........
Mhmmm its been a while since I last stepped toe to the general forum is full of politics wahala which is so good though am so anti-politics and the topics here burns my head lol.
Anyway just to know whats the REALLLLLLLLLLLLL REAAAAAAAAL REAAAAAAAAL REALLLLLLLLLLLLL reason for the get together? Am not opposing to it in any way. But to meet people is not enough reason for me. JUST TO MEET PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! In my own little thinking and from personal experiances. A freind of mine has a webiste & the freinds holds like a get to gether once a year. Alot of activities are organised. Like promoting the website, giving out souveniers, getting people that will sponsor like a few Nairas monthly for orphans(no amount is too little, you know..........and things like that. Myself and a few freind some who are also members of this forum were among those enlightening the less priviledged & illetrate women about the importance of hijab wearing, social values, religious values & we even helped a few women get jobs doing handcraft: tailoring, knitting, pot making and alot more. You know the members of kanoonline should really do something for society, for the less priviledged people,for muslim ummah.

It sounds dull if people are just going there to sit & say "oh that Aisha or that Amina or thats Aminu" well to me!!!!! :?  Finger foods & drinks sai pictures............thats all!!!!!!!! Well it still sounds a good idea. Thou admin u betta have a long agenda. Its up to individuals to make their selves present I guess alot will be willing to go.
Allah ya tabbatar da Alkhair
Ma'assalam

Wannan gaskiya ne. Allah ya saka maki da Alheri
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Hafsy_Lady

Coughing & sniffing & blinking (thank you thank you! head growing big) sistas: Fulanizzile & Fateez/ Gogannaka, Sheik; u know, sniff sniff, well actually lol, that idea is totally not mine...well half is my idea the other half belongs to ummita & co. :roll: There's a project we have been working on for a year and few months in our region and its becoming successful so I taught some of the programmes we normally hold and I taught it wouldnt be a bad idea for kanoonline as well. Emm fulanicious theres enough time if people are really going and are willing to volunteerrrrrrrrrr.
What you see is what you get[/b]

Indabawa

Quote from: "Nuruddeen"Who says anything about discrimination and selfishness?Does Nuruddeen actually knows the meaning of the name i bears -Indabawa ?

Admin,i think we better revert this discussinon forum in to vernacular! :lol:

Da Allah ka yi Hakuri ya Muallim ba abin da nake nufi ba kenan. Kuma wata kila ban fahimce kaba ne saboda ina sauri shi yasa. To amma "like I said, I beg your pardon Brother".[/quote]

Ba komai Nuruddeen,we are all bound to make mistakes and mispercieve things.Muallim ? no! that's for the Sheiks. :wink:
e who kneels to Allah can stand up to anything.

Indabawa

Quote from: "Hafsy_Lady" Coughing & sniffing & blinking (thank you thank you! head growing big) sistas: Fulanizzile & Fateez/ Gogannaka, Sheik; u know, sniff sniff, well actually lol, that idea is totally not mine...well half is my idea the other half belongs to ummita & co. :roll: There's a project we have been working on for a year and few months in our region and its becoming successful so I taught some of the programmes we normally hold and I taught it wouldnt be a bad idea for kanoonline as well. Emm fulanicious theres enough time if people are really going and are willing to volunteerrrrrrrrrr.

It's really a fabulous idea from wherever it originates.And i believe no amount will be too big or too small.I also think that it will not be a bad idea if an account would be open so as to make it feasible for those who are willing but cannot attend to send their donations.
e who kneels to Allah can stand up to anything.

mrguest

Quote from: "Indabawa"
Quote from: "mrguest"Idawada, if you can pay for my air ticket, i would come to kano.. It would cost $2000.. please also provide me.. with accomodation.

Sincerely i would love to bankroll your expenses, but the aspixiating economy of Nigeria of today with the attendant suffering of people; as a result of the Obasanjo's misrule,it will be herculean for me to raise N280,000:00 simply to cater for you, while we have several pauparised and impoverished Nigerians who are essentially the victims of Obasanjo's collossal mismanagement.

It is the legacy of Kano people to accommodate and entertain their guests and i will be happy any time,any day to have you as a visitor,above all i believe our esteemed forumites would love to set their eyes on perhaps the only odd ball among the forum members.

If Obasanjo have misrule, what would you call Abacha, IBB, Buhari, Shagari.. If really your people do not like Nigeria govt Please we allow you to secede, we would not try to stop you, I assure you of  this,... there would be no war, but joy on the street of the South and middle belt.. So people advice your people to secede and form Islamic Nation, where Islamic law  sharia is practice, and you people would great...

Therefore,if you actually wish to attend the get together, then endevour to pronounce my name correctly.Nevertheless,we shall be happy to have you in Kano, so that you will have a first hand impression on the people you so much despise.
atch nigeria first online Television Naija television and 16 Nigeria radio, and 60 more Tv station around the world.
http://www.nigeriaone.com
http://www.nigeriaone.com

Ibro2g

one more thing no one mentioned! beyond whateva doubts K-online has really grown among nija websites, why not promote it into advertisement for profit or even chariry...depends! Try advertising spaces and all, though not pop ups.
Safety and Peace

Eskimo

It is wonderfull...Allah ya kaimu ya bamu ikon zuwa.
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

dfynest

Salaam y'all,
My question on the issue is; given the fact that KnOnline has grown over the past year, (hundreds of members have joined since the last get together) will the every same venue be spacious enough?