News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Still on Hausa Movies...

Started by Sanusi_Ali, July 08, 2003, 07:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummita

QuoteAMMA FILMS NA FARKO FARKO SUNYI KYAU KUMA SUN KOYAR DAME AL'ADUNMU.

Ehem ehemmm,......err Smally first of all u r welkom.....

but which Al'ada hav these films taut a society lyk hausa?

Before media came, before tv sets came, before hausa artist took 2 acting,didnt our forefathers know about culture? and isnt it from them that we all learnt about culture? Then hausa stars took 2 puttin out culture in their programmes? So u r tryin 2 say hausa films taut culture? Kodai culture taut hausa programmes. :-/ I strictly dont think the programmes taut culture, rather it has increased........the rate of ppl stickin 2 their culture ko? (eg girls put more traditional clothes now than b/4, & men stickin to thins like...like... :-/err) :-/ I dont even know? Plzzzz wat du men learn or hav learnt from hausa programme? :-/

Well persoanlly, am not in2 hausa programme, I dont mynd,.....let them du their thang! Let target group watch the programme there aint a problem. Most of all is doin wat pleases a person and being happy with it & also d target audience being happy with it kapish!
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

kilishi

Hausa made people to be more aware of their culture,a lot of children nowadays doesn't know so many good things about hausa culture,the settings,the way they co-exist and so on,there is no local lilo[that hang on a tree]for ummita to fall.
ilishi

Hafsy_Lady

[color=blueI dont even know? Plzzzz wat du men learn or hav learnt from hausa programme? :-/

NASO I SEE 'AM MA SISTER. OMO! DEARIE! ASK THAT RANTING MACHINE. ::) OGA HAUSA FILM SANUSI  ::)
What you see is what you get[/b]

gogannaka

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

kilishi

Today, the sum total of human language and culture is represented by just 6,000 languages.

And half of those are under threat of imminent extinction.

In fact, it’s estimated that all three thousand could be dead before this century is. And, as most come from cultures without a writing tradition, when they’re gone, they’re gone forever.

Let's assume that hausa is not part of those languages to be erased,what if the culture of hausa /fulani suffer a great set back,'cos the culture is not there and the threat of the language being erased is there,but if we put it on record i think we can at least scale through.
ilishi

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
The variuos contributions by my brothers and sisters on this topic are commendable, i think this discourse is very important.

Let me start my contribution by reminding us of the Hadith of the Holy Prophet (SAW), to butress the fact that Islam allow people to defend their culture/tribe. As narrated by Suraqah bin Malik bin Ju'sham al-Mudlaji the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) gave us an address and said, "The best of you is the one who defends his tribe, so long as he commits no sin." Recorded by Abu Dawud [RL].You will agree with me that every Muslim must preponderates Islmaic cultures over his/her tribal culture.

For some reasons, I for one thinks the comtemporary hausa films/actors do more damage than good to hausa culture, for example it is a fact that the comtemporary film actors imitate western actors/cultures in their plays, e.g. Imagine the imitation to Indian, romance, songs and dances, are these any good to hausa culture? Ofcourse they only constitute sardonic satire to hausa and islamic cultures. I also hate those dirty western films that promote nudity and sexual promiscuity.

Reference could be made to the little book i authoured recently titled 'Islam, Music and Idle Talk' to see in detail where i based my case.

May Allah (SWT) continue to guide us amiyn.

EMTL
Engr. Tukur M. Lawal
Funtua
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

kilishi

EMTL don't you think the hausa movie producers have just started?and i think with support and encouragement they will reach a greter height and they will be able to change their style by embarking on films that will teach hausa culture,or what do u think?
ilishi

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Hajiya Kilishi
I concur with your reasoning and would be very grateful to start seeing positive changes, what could u and me do to get accroos to these actors/producers and offer advises?

Wassalam

EMTL
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

ummita

QuoteAssalamu alaikum,
Hajiya Kilishi
I concur with your reasoning and would be very grateful to start seeing positive changes, what could u and me do to get accroos to these actors/producers and offer advises?
Wassalam
EMTL

Salam,
EMTL & KILISHI, Now wen u start tlkin, they will start sayin hausa films iz teachin culture. If u oppose they will say u r patriotic & prefer watchin western films. & If u try 2 preach out u & Kilishi...mhmmmm I juss say u two shud wear an iron helmet. :-/

Ok! fyn, Hausa programmes teaches culture? But ma questions stands out always lyk this which culture? ::)
If they say it teaches culture, where did they learn about the culture? Culture has always been here even b/4 d films ryt?
Culture on its on is entirely up 2 individuals 2 stick 2 them & induviduality depends on those who want to keep culture.

For those sayin hausa films has taut culture. Look!!! it has taut nothin!!!!! ::) Lets take men 4 instance, It has taught them nothing about culture, rather to shake their butt & girgiza jiki & open big mouth and sing all because they are inlove? ::)
It makes me sick to see a man dacing like a woman ::)

Yah ryt, it has taut culture!! Before our father married our mother & b/4 our mothers got married 2 our daddies, ai nageni suna musu girgiza, girgize & waka & waka kafin su aure koh? ::)

Oh yes it is culture ko? But does Islam not forbade any woman to come out & be seen by men, yet these so-called hausa film gurls leave their al'aura out wearing tight clothes , hair open and singing infront of some big KATO who is not even her muharram!!!! ::) Even in Islam, Its not allowed 4 a gul 2 say anoda man is her husby, but u c em sayin it. Noh theres nothing wrong with all theseeeeeee. Ai culture ne koh? And If hausa film are trying to teach culture, shiyasa naga they sing hugging trees, rolling on the flow, giving each other seducing looks sayin all love words, Oh!!! is that hausa culture ::) Am not Hausa, but am sure & well aware that it aint hausa culture. Somebody plz tell me am I ryt or wrong?  Ai fallin inluv aint madness or goin against d shariah or Islamic rulings! ::) ba hauka bene. I dont see any culture but INDIAN FILMS COPYCATING!!!. And d most annoyin thing......MEN of all ppl hav tym 2 sit & watch!!! Kai!

If  (they) wanna teach d real culture, How about em travellin 2 deep forest villages & teachin d real culture! a tefi kauye mana a koya musu addini, a tefi kauye a koyer der mata about handcraft, a tefi kauye a koyer der yara zuwa mekaranta writin/readin. A tefi koye a koyer der Tarbiyya ryt. A tefi kauye a koyar der health & hygiene cuz its part of culture & Islam,(cuz cleanliness iz nxt 2 Godliness koh?) Is this is true, then wat culture is hausa programme teachin. Back 2 sqaure one? D question I keep askin?!

Guduma

I will only hope that the hausa movies become what the western movies are now to the western world, a big revenue earner, and as an educative channel. Ofcourse the beginning of the hausa films has to tow the way and manner western and indian films are produced, with the hope that in future the producers will evolve a way, even if traditional, of producing films based on our actual cultural heritage and way of life.
I see hausa film as becoming a viable organ of enlightenment to our people, especially if one takes into consideration the fact that our people are seriously backwards in terms of civilisation and polishing in world affairs.
Using films as a tool, the film industry can instil discipline in the day to day life of the people. I have seen a lot of films where by corrupt workers were depicted and subsequently reformed. I have also seen greedy rich men exerting influencial means to consficate the poor's lands and houses, ending up repenting and towing the path of humility and humbleness. I have also watched films that nearly drove me to tears on account of extreme emotions and affection to one another, which absolutely teaches good moral upbringing and neighbourliness.
In summary, I think those potraying hausa films in bad light are just being excessively critical. They might also have tried to join the Hausa Films Industry to become stars, but failed!

kilishi

Well i am not saying that Hausa film is perfect or everybody should watch it ,[except ummita] :P i know for sure that hausa film contributed  alot,for example there are alot of local women that drees anyhow and approach there hubbies anyhow ,but at least with the advernt of hausa film they now realise the way they are suppose to relate and attends to their spouses and it reduced alot of yawon banza,and zaman banza.
ilishi

ummita

QuoteWell i am not saying that Hausa film is perfect or everybody should watch it ,[except ummita] :P
Mah Dear Kilishi.......hold ur horses!!!!! (she laffs) u totally over analysed & misinterpreted mah statements. I havent got a problem with those makin movies in d hausa society neither du I hav any problem with those watchin it! Anybody whose interest in lyf is 2 sit infront of d telly & watch Hausa programme! entirely up 2 'em....their free will. Du wat eva u lyk duin.......However I dont really c wat d hausa movie has got 2 du with culture! Because alot of those who watch it said it is beneficiary cuz it teaches culture, which I dontttttt believe, rather they juss look around & get meaningless clue 2 back up these films wai it teaches culture. Puhleeeez ::)

Posted by: Guduma Posted on: 08/07/03 at 10:53:27
Quotewith the hope that in future the producers will evolve a way, even if traditional, of producing films based on our actual cultural heritage and way of life.
I see hausa film as becoming a viable organ of enlightenment to our people, especially if one takes into consideration the fact that our people are seriously backwards in terms of civilisation and polishing in world affairs.
Using films as a tool, the film industry can instil discipline in the day to day life of the people. I think those potraying hausa films in bad light are just being excessively critical. They might also have tried to join the Hausa Films Industry to become stars, but failed!  

&Puhleeeeeeeeeez! Guduma, am not sayin ur r vehemently wrong but on d other hand, rominate deep, which discipline has it taut? Good layed up foundation dicipline starts ryt from home not from TV!!! :-/

why shuw ppl lyk US potray films in bad way? Ok fyn if u say we potray it in a bad way....mayb we du, cuz sum of d things they du is bad & aint even part of shariah law or culture. Duz culture say chicks shud dance in tops & bottoms with hair open? Or duz it allow a fella & a lady 2 lay on d same bed even if THERE AINT NOTHING GOIN ON? ::) Ok! may b culture allows women 2 go 2 voodoo men koh? & givin ppl who watch d impression that d magic or charm locks really works :o How great!  ::)Now u jumpin in2 conclusion....so if we pinpoint our fingaz on films....its cuz we were not allowed 2 join d film stars....(she laffs) kai!!!!!!  (this is sooooo funni) However u said u THINK koh! then u muss have taut wrongly!

& ya'all r so concerened that it brings revenue! Toh revenue koh! Thats why I seen them donatin 2 charities, helpin in maitainin mosque or buildin wells. Or helpin maintain culture as it is! Those watchin can watch wateva. Am not agaisnt hausa programmes entirely, but if they wanna show culture, they shud stop COPYCATING & show wat the reality of hausa culture entails. :-/

Anonymous

correcctttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ;D Ummitah'z said it allllllllll ;D

Ibro2g

Hmmm...
Ummitah, nah God save them say u land hiya b4 mi.
You don talk wetin I wan talk. Tradition for wiya? We better dtop decieving oourselves, and the words we r trying I hate those, they are for loosers...This industry will only get better if we learn to respect our culture and ourselves not abuse it. This is cultural abuse. I am not agains Hausa films, but against whats in it in the name of our culture. Its ruining us. May God have mercy on us all!

peace...I'm out
Safety and Peace

gogannaka

I think some people are mixing up hausa culture and islamic culture....although similar , the real hausa culture sometimes differ from islamic culture..so i think the hausa film makers should should clarify which culture they are promoting in their films
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment