News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Legislators Slap One Another

Started by EMTL, October 28, 2004, 08:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMTL

Another lawmaker slaps colleague

ABIODUN ADELAJA, Abuja

BARELY one week after Senator Isa Mohammed physically assaulted his colleague, Senator Iyabo Anisulowo, a female member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Iquo Minima yesterday allegedly slapped her colleague, Hon. Emmanuel Bwacha at the National Assembly complex.

The impact of the alleged slap which inflicted blood stain on the legislators eye balls almost caused a stir at the complex.

Both lawmakers, like Senators Mohammed and Anisulowo, belong to the same House committee.

Hon. Bwacha, from Taraba State, is chairman of the House Committee on Police Affairs, while Hon. Minima serves as his deputy.

The incident which was said to have occurred few yards away from the scene of the previous incident between Mohammed and Anisulowo has brought to the fore intra-committee squabbles plaguing the federal legislature.

The rationale behind the alleged action of the tall female legislator was not immediately known but indications were rife that the duo had disagreed over "some issues" they were not prepared to disclose.

The incident occured shortly after principal officers of the House saw off the Speaker Alhaji Aminu Masari.

Ostensibly shocked by the alleged slap which was said to have shattered his eye glasses, Hon. Bwacha reportedly cast down his head for several minutes before being assisted by his other colleagues.

He was later led into the office of the Deputy Speaker, Hon. Austin Opara where he was said to have been pacified by other principal officers.

Hon. Bwache later told some newsmen that "well, I can not tell you anything on what happened, all I can say is that she slapped me and everybody saw it."

Indications were rife that the issue may be tabled for deliberation before the plenary session of the House today (Thursday).

? 2004 @ Champion Newspapers Limited (All
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).