News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Sabon Labari!

Started by Borg, April 03, 2003, 08:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionger

africa united, ke? if so then half of our problems would be solved by now!

i'm not so sure the unflinching support of the african 'leaders' for mugabe is a sign of 'african unity'; to me it demonstrates a good deal of what is wrong with our continent. This 'kampe-ism' (derived form Obasanjo's famous 'i dey kampe' phrase) attitude, or precedence of sit-tight rulers whose only successes lie in their belly or their pockets is not at all in anybody's interests. what is mugabe still doing in power after so many years of nothing? why after 22 years has did he suddenly remember land redistribution? Yes the west and esp. Britain have no moral right to be making so much noise about mugabe. But leaders have to be responsible ?to their their country. If they are no longer relevant, then they should not be there. So i'm really not sure what we stand to gain from supporting a man like mugabe.

fulanicious i think the beauty contest came to nigeria because miss agbani darego, a nigerian from port harcourt, won the previous contest. let's not get carried away..many ppl don't realise that this 'miss world' thing is seen as a big vanity joke by many 'westerners'.
and if you were refering to the miss world riots and the fatwa pronouncing as 'action'...well i don't want to start arguing about that, but i felt the pageant, was an occasion for nigeria to properly showcase itself to the world and dispel all negative rumors. but we sure did a great job of that, didn't we? no wonder mr. bin laden mentioned nigeria as one of the islamic nations that need liberation. now america has also put us on their 'liberation' list (if the report is true). lol everyone wants to liberate us. maybe i shouldn't blame them, the country definitely needs liberation ?from the bunch that are in power today. if the americans ever come to liberate nigeria, i would simply go back to my hometown and pray. like a famous african-american comedian said, 'if they wanna fight, let'em fight, cuz i ain't fighting!'

Fulanizzle

OOH this is just too good...... ?really i had nooo intention to reply any post at the moment..really i feel too languid to type my essay.... Lionger... either ur unaware or just ignoring the fact that the "EVIL CATS" time, and plan out their games XTREMELY well, so that it will seem like everything is a coincidence.....listen, do the math...when was Sharia active in nija....when was the beuty conetst won by...whats her name..the nigerian(sorry Wallah dont know her name, dont think like i degraded her), and then ofcourse came the last beauty thing last year..... hey these evil cats work step by step...very cunning, and very convincing....CONSPIRACY...

listen... there are soooooo many examples...when the want something they dont go to it DIRECTLY...so that they wont be seen as the bad guyz....they go around the backway...and follow many procedures to get what they want, without people realizing....
)

Fulanizzle

YOU THINK THEY ARE LIKE U, AFRICAN MAN, WITH AFRICAN TIME, WHO IS UNORGANIZED...THESE PEOPLE ARE OOOLD IN THE GAME....THEY PLAN WELL AHEAD OF TIME!

Handy work of the cats....
looooooooooook at Southa africa
looook at sierra leonne
LOOOOK ?at the north and south problem in Sudan
loooooook ?at Iraq now
loook at the somalian/eritrean/ethiopia problem
loooook at the north and south korea problem
loook at the ....MAN DO U WANT ME TO TAKE UP TO 100 PAGES?? ??
)

Fulanizzle

EEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY  PLS DONT MAKE ME TALK.....
I DON WANA OPEN MY MOUTH NO MORE :-X

IT AINT A SAFE WORLD!
IT AINT A FAIR WORLD!

SO I SPEAK NO MORE ABOUT NOTHING...!!!!!
)

Muhammad

Lionger!
In a sense my response to African unity does not differ much from your's except the issue of Mugabe. I am sure you  know about the struggle of Robert Mugabe Zimbabwe (Rhodesia then) . Zimbabwe was and continued being 'an unequal amongst equal' place even after independence.
Lets pose a simple example. What would use say if the 100,000 Buzuye from NIger rep controlled the Oil production & 90% of arable land of the country? mind you not tthough hard work but because " a  buzu president" made it ridiculously easy to obtain land at the behest of others. If you will call for a revolution then you must support the unanimous vote of confidence given to Mugabe by the Afr leaders.
Another good thing about Zim is that its currently the only Sub saharan country with 77% literacy rate. A very educated public indeed!
So lionger, if you want to point out African leaders ineptitude, pls do not use Zim as an example. May be Congo or Malawi.
Ciao.

lionger

hi amin,

Two wrongs do not make a right.

yes i aknowledge mugabe's sacrifices for his country; infact, i read a whole book on the subject a year ago. however, does that mean he owns the country? that he should hold the citizens of zimbabwe to ransom forever? is that a sign of good governance? This man has ruined the economy for political gain. the taste of power that he had fought for has transformed his patriotism into greed. Look at Nelson Mandela. 27 years in jail, released in 1990; is he president today? No, he reliquished power to younger thobo mbeki. now there's a responsible leader.

we should not allow the race card to cloud our judgement. Are those white farmers Zimbabweans? The white farmers who are 5% of the country and control 80% of the economy are not much different from the 2% of nigerians controlling nigeria's wealth. So why don't we start from nigeria?

Blaqueen

kai oh!!! people.. i still adore AFRICAN LEADERS!!!!!... i like the way they stick together.. at least, wut i have noticed in the past few years!...
we may not be as powerful as the other bully nations, we may not have big guns, but we got attitude, and i guess i admire that.
juss because they look down on us, doesnt mean we're not worth it!

about mugabe... juss fashy... dont mind the west, they fit raise their voice when its about their "kind".. u wont see them shouting for the native americans, palestinians, or aboriginies... if they deal with their mess.. they can come back and holla!
they can go siddown...
even if they go to "deal witih evil".. they do it when it only benefits them. shegu..

but wait.. how will they deal with the terrorism in naija?... its not like they'll invade.. they'll juss most likely set up bases... and monitor...
kai, like colonial times ko?
dont they already have bases in sokoto and jos?
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Blaqueen

Quote2% of nigerians controlling nigeria's wealth.

i always wanted to ask... how come, we produce tons of oil.. export them and all...
yet, we have oil shortage?

d@mn are people that GREEDY!

hehe.. wait till u see how many percent of the world's population control global wealth.. :-X

Blaqueen

Handy work of the cats....
looooooooooook at Southa africa
looook at sierra leonne
LOOOOK ?at the north and south problem in Sudan
loooooook ?at Iraq now
loook at the somalian/eritrean/ethiopia problem
loooook at the north and south korea problem
loook at the ....MAN DO U WANT ME TO TAKE UP TO 100 PAGES?? ??

na oyinbo...lol

al_hamza

Let the time come,
Allah will surely show us all,
as far as mugabe is concerned, for the first time i agree with lionger,  :)
Amin surely u shud understand those lands were then occupied by the zulu's and the british over-took them (thats bad agreed) but then, how can you expect people to become hyper-productive when they know nothing about farming?
those whites claim to be african! they represent zimbabwe in the national game criket!
"olunga" one of thier criketers wore a black band showing dis-aproval of mugabe's stance, and he's an african bro :). as far as the land Re-Distribution is concerned, mugabe did the right thing but too fast and for a selfish reason,
this can cost his nation dearly.
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

al_hamza

No wonder Islam says women should stay out of politics :)

miss dyme, do you sincerely know how to contribute concretely to quite serious matters?

or do you enjoy shouting Peace Peace when our enemies shout Kill Kill?

for me, my religion is my state,
Islam first and Islam last,
races dont count.

Blaqueen

where in the Qur'an did u see that?  :o

Blaqueen

Quoteor do you enjoy shouting Peace Peace when our enemies shout Kill Kill?

can we identify the enemies first?

al_hamza

oh yes,
we can.
shatan!
he lurks amongst us,
as for an example......
your muslim as i suppose.
but you love the gurl in bra right?
(the one that shows on the left side of your posts)
i have a syndrome called "women respect to extreme"
why do you allways want me to turn against this disease?

as for where i saw what you say (in the Qur'an)

well maddame, there's a Hadith that says

"nations that have women as thier leaders will never be successfull"

i hope you are not a follower of Mo'ammar Gaddafi's "green book" cos they dont believe in Hadisan Annabi.

Muhammad

Al hamza.
Just like you are in agreement with Lionger today, I am in agreement with Queen. There is no where in the Quran where women were directed not to lead a nation. Because in Islam things that are not condemned are condoned, I will opine that the story of Bilqees (Sheeba) is a good example of woman leadership.
Aisha (RA) lead, briefly, a campaign against Ali (RA) after the schism in the Islamic Ummah. Nusayba was a woman whom the prophet admired for protecting him from harm in the battle of Uhud. There are countless examples of women taking prominent roles in Islam but sadly neglected by early scholars because it is not part of their agenda.
What women are not allowed to do is expose themselve to unnecessary situations where they may be vunerable.
Women in my opinion should be able to lead although I am against it.
As for mugabe I think you are right. Mugabe is doing the wrong thing although his intentions are obviously good.
CIAO