News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON.

Started by neozizo, July 23, 2005, 10:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neozizo

A young man was getting ready to graduate college. FOR many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom,and knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that it was all he wanted.

As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father had purchased the car.

Finally, on the morning of his graduation the father called his son andr told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and told him how much he loved him. He handed the young man beautifuliy wrapped  box.

Curious, but somewhat disappointed the young man opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Holy Qur'an.Angrily, he raised his voice at his father and said:
  "With all your money, you give me ONLY a Holy Qur'an?" and stormed out of the house, leaving the holy book.
      He never contacted his father again for long long time.

Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his
father was very old, and thought perhaps he should go to him.
     He had not seen him since that graduation day.

Before he could make arrangements, he received a telegram telling   him his father had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son.
     He needed to come home immediately and take care of things.
     When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and regret filled his heart.
    He began to search his father's important papers and saw the still new
Holy Qur'an, just as he had left it years ago.
    With tears, he opened the Holy Qur'an and began to turn the pages. As he Read those words, a car key dropped from an envelope taped behind the Holy Qur'an.
    It had a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words:  PAID IN FULL.

How many times do we miss GOD's blessings because they are not packaged as we expected?  
 If this touched your heart, please pass it on!

HUSNAA

Salaamu alaikum.
Please we should not make a jest of the Holy Quran. I found this wasiyya of yrs (if it is) to be in bad taste and possibly written by a non muslim or an ignorant muslim trying to make a point (and I dont mean you because I'm sure you copied it in good faith to pass on to others).
In the first instance, the Quran is not even the focal point of the message that u are trying to convey. The keys of the car could be inany thing for that matter, because that is what is considered as 'God's blessings' in the message and not the Quran itself which is the truest of God's blessings.
Secondly, nobody but nobody will behave towards his parent in the manner you described and end up successful in life. Thirdly, in Islam inheritance is automatic to offspring and is not 'willed'to the offspring. This in itself should tell you that some one substituted for the Quran, another word which is possibly the bible, or the talmud. This message clearly was never written by a muslim to begin with, but someone decided to give it an islamic angle and in so doing went completely off the mark, and introduced materialism as blessings from Allah SWT.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

neozizo

Quote from: "HUSNAA"Salaamu alaikum.
Please we should not make a jest of the Holy Quran. I found this wasiyya of yrs (if it is) to be in bad taste and possibly written by a non muslim or an ignorant muslim trying to make a point (and I dont mean you because I'm sure you copied it in good faith to pass on to others).
In the first instance, the Quran is not even the focal point of the message that u are trying to convey. The keys of the car could be inany thing for that matter, because that is what is considered as 'God's blessings' in the message and not the Quran itself which is the truest of God's blessings.
Secondly, nobody but nobody will behave towards his parent in the manner you described and end up successful in life. Thirdly, in Islam inheritance is automatic to offspring and is not 'willed'to the offspring. This in itself should tell you that some one substituted for the Quran, another word which is possibly the bible, or the talmud. This message clearly was never written by a muslim to begin with, but someone decided to give it an islamic angle and in so doing went completely off the mark, and introduced materialism as blessings from Allah SWT.
Wa-Alaikumussalaam WaRahmatulLAH wa Barakatu
Thnk you very much for your insightful post.
As u have mentined i had the best intetions in mind,at the time i posted it i had the belief that it wud appeal to fellow yanuwa as it had a profound effect on me, then it did not occur to me the relevance of its origin
or the possibilty of being adapted.
But i want to assure you to make jest of The Holy Qur'an is the very last thing i intended.
i can only promise that this wud be the last time i make a mistake of postin smyhing like this especially when i am not aware of its orign and authenticity.
im sorry if it has offended anyone or if it gives a meaning other than what i intended.

Here is a message that im sure of the source that should be passed on:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِن جَاءكُمْ فَاسِقٌ بِنَبَأٍ فَتَبَيَّنُوا أَن تُصِيبُوا قَوْمًا بِجَهَالَةٍ فَتُصْبِحُوا عَلَى مَا فَعَلْتُمْ نَادِمِينَ
O YOU who have attained to faith! If any iniquitous person comes to you with a [slanderous] tale, use your discernment, lest you hurt people unwittingly and afterwards be filled with remorse for what you have done.
-Q49:6