News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Mikel Obi

Started by neozizo, August 15, 2005, 09:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should he

A.play for ManU
1 (100%)
B.play for Chelsea
0 (0%)
C.loose out on both
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: September 14, 2005, 09:43:04 PM

neozizo

Rawan Ido kokuma dai halin dan nijeria,
aganin ku mai yajawo masa har?

Obi claims he was bullied into signing to play for Man u.
  How a grown matured man is forced to sign a document in a civilized country like England(where they must surely be aware of the legal implications of the alleged act)is honestly beyond me.

I belive the controversy surounding Obi's move to england is
 somewhat  embarrasing to nigerian football fans as this is an unprecedented turn of events culminating in FiFA ordering the young player to go back to his old club.

What do u think?

Dante

Mikel Obi.....

Plays like J.J. Okocha
Dribbles like Ronaldinho
Heads like Jaap Stam
Scores like Emanuel Eto
Speeds like Henry.

mlbash

KAI DANTE, DUK SHI KADAI? DUK YANDA AKAI HERO DINKA NE!
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

neozizo

Quote from: "dante"Mikel Obi.....

Plays like J.J. Okocha
Dribbles like Ronaldinho
Heads like Jaap Stam
Scores like Emanuel Eto
Speeds like Henry.
He is greedy like..............? :D

bakangizo

Quote from: "zizo"
He is greedy like..............? :D

Like Ronaldo :roll:

neozizo

Quote from: "bakan~gizo"Like Ronaldo  :roll:
how come?

bakangizo

Hmmn, try asking that to an average, up to date  Inter Milan fan. Let me put it this way: During his time at Inter, he was only able to offer "skeletal service" to the club due to his injuries despite the immense amount of money Inter paid to Barca for his transfer. The club persevered and treated him for two years when he was sidelined with injury. Yana warkewa ai sai kawai yayi tsalle ya dira a Real Madrid saboda kudin da suka bashi. Sakamakon da yayi wa Inter kenan! Believe me, he's one greedy footballer. :lol:

neozizo

Im glad Mikel Obi's quandry over which teamside he plays for is over but another great issue he has to takle is getting a starting position or even a chance to feature  in a match what with great options for chealsea's midfield like ballack,essien,lampard,joe cole,diarra,duff,geremi.

bakangizo

He should have gone to Manure. Their game would suit him better and he there he would have better chance of playing.

lionger

Mikel should definitely have gone to Man U. There's a huge hole in their midfield created by the departure of Keane and the demise of Scholes just waiting for him to fill. Now he'll have to battle it out with the likes of Lampard, Essien, Makalele and Ballack for first-team action. Compared to Man U where his main competition would be Scoles, Fletcher and perhaps Park. Moreover, Man U's open play would definitely have suited Mikel better than Chelsea's defensive crunch.
O well, I guess he has gotten his wish. Good luck to him. I'm sick of seeing his contemporaries like Lionel Messi and Cesc Fabregas doing wonders on the pitch at Barca and Arsenal while he sits on the couch!

Ibro2g

Quote from: Dante on January 04, 2006, 04:55:40 AM
Mikel Obi.....

Plays like J.J. Okocha
Dribbles like Ronaldinho
Heads like Jaap Stam
Scores like Emanuel Eto
Speeds like Henry.

Right, u might just say he is the best player in the world, tsk tsk tsk and he now wears Nigerias number 10, and leading them to an abyss. This guy sucks, Even in chelsea now, he might be good enough for Villa or portsmouth but not the elite 4, not anymore. When Grant gets his acts right, I wonder where Obi will be seen, selfish and mindless Nigerian Kawai, Omo Owo Ninkampoop. tsk speeds like Henry ko, plays like J.J ni....Abeg shoo
Safety and Peace

Muhsin

Ibro2g, I partially agree with you but the chap is doing his best, he said and some nigerian are also saying that; only luck wasn't by our side. But it'll inshaAllah comes in the next game(s).
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

lionger

Mikel's transformation into a holding midfielder and the subsequent emasculation of his creative instincts means great things for Chelsea but not for Nigeria. This is why I wished he had ended up in ManU. You can't help but look at a player like Cesc Fabregas today (who was outshone by the 'old' Mikel at the 2005 WYC)and feel that Mikel could have been all that and more. Nevertheless, Nigeria will need to look elsewhere to find the creative midfield talent she sorely lacks.

neozizo

Cudnt agree wit u more Lionger,
i recall 2years ago(previous ANC) when he played so well as a creative midfielder and him being hailed as the right replacement for JJ.....
alas 2 years later and after Morinho, diffrent story altogether
he shud have stayed with manU.