News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

2003 Presidential Elections

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2003, 12:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaqueen

ok sir.. it was juss the way u said that its good they deal with radicalism...
and i guess i made some assuptions...

so where were we?
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

ummita

so where were we?

nace a huta hakanan, all this rantin is takin us no where......idan anyi kadan akan beri ne........  
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Twinkle

LOL ni ma dai politics..if talked about too much it gets boring
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

nura

QuoteFDQ..muslims in Turkey are oppressed? By who? The military? ?That's an interesting; i never really thought about that. I have many friends from Turkey here and they never told me aobut oppression. well perhaps, but i think its good for turkey that religious radicalism is not tolerated there..they already have enough problems with the cyprus and the kurds.

Oh there's nothing at all wrong with living in the Vatican - except that it is a Christian autocracy, with the Pope as its head. I wonder how AbuMujahid would feel if Nigeria decided to establish a Vatican-like government.

Forget about tolerance. We have failed that test woefully in Nigeria time and time again, lately to our international embarassment. I've asked AbuMujahid to name any other Nigeria-like countries in the world that peacefully practise without problems what he proposes. If he's saying Nigeiran can be used as a guinea-pig, then i strongly beg to differ. We have too many problems already, thank you.

Btw, FDQ, since u obviously disagree with AbuMujahid, yet don't consider Turkey as a good example of an Islamic democracy, can you then explain why most Middle Eastern and infact, most Islamic countries, are not democracies?

Hello Friend,

Let me update you, not only that the military oppresses muslims they oppress your beloved democracy too. on more than 3 occassions they brought down a democratically elected government, similarly the sacred rights of democracy are not upheld in that country. They have rights to walk around naked but they have no right to muslim dress codes, a woman cannot cover her head. The men cannot keep beared and there is o right to free speech, you can say whatever you like but you cannot support any Islamic injunction. This is the type of democracy that you people want for us. Is the muslim not a human being, you can only say that the Turkish military is not oppressive if you are not aware of these abuses. What amazes one anyway is where the human right organisations have gone.

And like your Turkish friends who are may be together with you in the US or UK or somewhere in Europe, the Turkish Establishment wants to belong and wants aid from the developed economies, they want to join the EU and to stay in NATO for more economic prosperity. Is it not amazing also that the so called champion of democracy, America and the western countries are looking at the abuse of the Kurdish population without any remorse.

Before the end of the Iraq - Iran war, Saddam Hussien used Nerve and Mustard gas on the Kurdish and Shiite's population in his country and nobody said anything, in fact they gave him more (the west) but what happened later he is a threat to humanity. So anytime Turkey recognises its Islamic roots it will become public enemy No. 1.

And for you information there is nothing like Islamic Democracy, like I said there is nothing like Democracy in Islam. So for that reason most Islamic countries are not democracies. But that does not mean the middle eastern  countries are not repressive regimes.

Thank you.
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

Twinkle

lol lol there he goes again......kai duniya!! lol lol. Well done Uncle politician. Wallahi Allah kana aiki, mun gamzu sosai da bayaninka
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

lionger

hi AbuMujahid

I have to agree with you on your comments about Turkey. I knew very well of their presecution of kurds and the power of the military, but not so much of the disenfranchisement of muslims. On closer inspection I'd have to say that Turkey is definitely not an example of a good democracy, let alone Islamic. Nobody deserves that kind of democracy, muslims, christians, whoever.

However your statement about Turkey becoming a public enemy if it discovers its islamic roots are curious. I don't see how/why that should be the case, unless you're saying that Islamic revival automatically means rise of anti-western sentiments and religious extremism. In that case then I must say its hardly surprising, but unfortunate.

I'm also beginning to feel sorry for americans living abroad who now practically fear for their safety.

yo FDQ and ummita i guess my reply was a bit hot-headed, and it wasn't meant to be. u'll have to excuse me... :)

rouqayya

ANY RIGHT THINKING PERSON WITH AN IOTA OF COMMON SENSE OR REASONING LEFT IN HIS HEAD WILL NOT NEVER EVER EVER VOTE FOR OBASANJO! HE IS THE MOST INCOMPETENT COWARD,SELFISH,BACKSTABBING,ARROGANT,MOST USELESS PRESIDENT I PRAY NIGERIA WILL EVER HAVE! HE HAS SOLD US OFF ALREADY. DONT B SURPRISED IF U FIND 1 WHITE MAN TRYING TO DRAG U OFF TO WHEREVER ONE DAY.THE ONLY THING HE HASNT DONE IS PHYSICALLY SHOOT ALL OF US DOWN,BUT HE HAS DONE WORSE MENTALLY AND ECONOMICALLY SO PLEASE...VOTE OFF OBJ....ANYONE ELSE BUT HIM....IF YOU LIKE VOTE FOR ME,U'LL BE BETTER OFF....DONT SIGN YOUR DEATH WARRANT,DONT VOTE FOR OBJ....WE'RE FED UP!

Anonymous

Alhamdulillah, I could say a leader could be what so ever, what isonly need a good ladership from a good leader.

fulani_queen

for this presidential election, i dont know who is goin to win, but i juss pray for the best. its juss that i think if a yoruba person wins, they will be LESS trouble between northerners and southerners.
and one more thing.....wat do u guys think about the country bein divided??

lionger

Quotefor this presidential election, i dont know who is goin to win, but i juss pray for the best. its juss that i think if a yoruba person wins, they will be LESS trouble between northerners and southerners.
and one more thing.....wat do u guys think about the country bein divided??

obasanjo is a yoruba man and i think we've experienced a lot more trouble, rioting and civil unrest under his rule than under the immediate past military rulers; the north/south enmity is pretty much the same if not worse; don't you think so?

as for the elections itself, well, my choice would be gani (and to a less extent ojukwu); but their chances of winning are close to nil. The race goes to obj and buhari, and as i've said b4, its a choice b/w the devil and the deep blue sea. So what's the use? in any case, nigerians in diaspora cannot vote, thanks to our prestigious lawmakers. i just hope/pray for minimal violence.

fulani_queen

well.....we all pray there will be no violence....
i'm all for sarah jibril anyways.....POWA TO THA LADIEZ!! ;D

Blaqueen

da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy