News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

What Do You Love About Nigeria?

Started by neozizo, January 19, 2006, 02:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neozizo

I love nigeria cos its a truly unique county,
It is ONLY in nigeria.....
that gasoline is imported for local consumption by the government while still retaining the prestigious position of the sixth largest producer of petroleum in the world.

Only in Nigeria...
will the national football team prepare for 2 weeks and expect to win the world cup and complain bitterly when they don't.

Only in Nigeria...
will a military regime send troops to another country to chase out another military regime and help restore democracy.

Only in Nigeria...
is the Policeman on duty not "your friend". You loose a heartbeat when you see him by the street even if you are law-abiding.

Only in Nigeria...
do elected politicians move around town with sirens at top speed chasing, flogging and sometimes maiming the same people that elected them into office.

Only in Nigeria...
would the government vote N38billion to build a stadium while voting N2billion for its Poverty Alleviation Programme in a county where poverty has attained unspeakable proportions.

Only in Nigeria...
are the richest men former heads of state, presidents, governors, ministers, local government chairmen and other public servants and not its big businessmen, successful entrepreneurs or those who inherited vast estates.

Only in Nigeria...
is corruption used to fight corruption. A Senate President was recently impeached by the Senators on grounds of corruption. Good deed. The snag was, they were bribed by external forces using public funds to do so.

Only in Nigeria...
are foreigners forbidden from taking photographs of the airports and similar places when they can get these pictures and more via their satellites.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT NIGERIA?

dan kauye

I'm sorry,but hardly anything good left..i can't deal with negative energy. :(
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

sdanyaro

zizo & dan kauye,

... and ONLY in Nigeria that As bad as things are this year, last year was better and next year will be a little worst.

Hafsy_Lady

What you see is what you get[/b]

neozizo

Quote from: "dan kauye"I'm sorry,but hardly anything good left..i can't deal with negative energy.  :(
then how do u go on IN Nigeria? :?
- in spite of the negativity & pessimism,nigerians keep suffrin' and smiling.....which is another thing I love about Nigeria
Quote from: "sdanyaro"... and ONLY in Nigeria that As bad as things are this year, last year was better and next year will be a little worst.
i hear u.

sdanyaro

Quote from: "zizo"
- in spite of the negativity & pessimism,nigerians keep suffrin' and smiling.....which is another thing I love about Nigeria
That is just an effective coping mechanism, zizo.

Yarkwye ce

Only for naija man pikin go go wedding way no body invite am...if the food no good they go complain.(like say na them papa wedding) if music good they go enter center shake inyash... :lol:  thats Naija for u
GoT SuYa?!! ;)

MySeLf

TAX AND BILLS FREE!  

TAXES AND LONG BILLS IS KILLING IN THE WEST.
SO ATLEST NO ONE WILL BOTHER YOU IN NIGERIA PAY THIS PAY THAT.
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

sdanyaro

Quote from: "I"TAX AND BILLS FREE!  

What you don't pay in Taxes and Bills (... I think it is more expensive to leave in Nigeria than in the West comfortably ...), you pay in Corruption, Extortion and Inefficiency.

I would rather pay Water bills (and you pay this in Nigeria too) than to have to dig a borehole...
I would rather pay Electric bills (and you pay this in Nigeria too) than to have to generate my own power...
I would rather pay Taxes (and you pay this in Nigeria too) than to have to use dangerous Roads and Hiways...

So you see I, it is only an illusion. Come inside and then you can see.

dan kauye

Quote from: "sdanyaro"
Quote from: "I"TAX AND BILLS FREE!  

What you don't pay in Taxes and Bills (... I think it is more expensive to leave in Nigeria than in the West comfortably ...), you pay in Corruption, Extortion and Inefficiency.

I would rather pay Water bills (and you pay this in Nigeria too) than to have to dig a borehole...
I would rather pay Electric bills (and you pay this in Nigeria too) than to have to generate my own power...
I would rather pay Taxes (and you pay this in Nigeria too) than to have to use dangerous Roads and Hiways...

So you see I, it is only an illusion. Come inside and then you can see.

i cudnt have said it any  better.

dan kauye

Quote from: "zizo"
Quote from: "dan kauye"I'm sorry,but hardly anything good left..i can't deal with negative energy.  :(
then how do u go on IN Nigeria? :?

And you think smiling is an exact reflection of how the masses feel about situations? if you really believe that then you'll believe anything.I recall reading the piece about Nigerians being the happiest people on earth(some stupid study conducted in the UK institute of ..whaereva),which's probably where you got your idea of 'suffering and smiling'.To be quite honest,that study was plain bull..you have to be in my shoes to know hwere it hurts!,and in truth,Nigerians are the most unhappiest people if you ask me,but don't ask me why unless you don't live in nigeria or perhaps if you live in the maitama surbubs.You'll have to explain to me from your own perspective of how ''smiling & suffering'' is any diffrent from excessive oppression.

And about negativity,yes there's much of it..infact it's presence is felt more than a black panther movement,the nigerian papers are perfect yardstick and a big testament to the level of God knows how much negativity sorrounds virtually everything 'Nigerian'

Ofcourse i'm pessimistic about  Nigeria's  current situation,well who isnt? only not as much people will admit though,sad but true!.When there's an intricate network of roots to a problem like Nigeria's..it's really hard to locate where you  kept your hope bag!.Where do you begin? is it the absolutely rotten govt.? or the breed of the young corrupt minds? what are you going to tackle? electricity or water? health or education? ballot rigging or security? I can go on and on and on..see?

I just pray that somehow,someway God will smile on that country & reverse things to normal other than that,it's a wrap.

sdanyaro

Take a look at this bill I got today from NITEL? in any other country, they should be getting ready to send me a check. I just got the phone line disconnected instead. Only in Nigeria and yes we do pay bills but instead of service, you get disconnected for paying it.

mlbash

EVERYTHING IS GOOD IN NIGERIA 'COS THAT'S HOW WE WANT THINGS TO BE AND WE MADE EVERYTHING TO BE LIKE THAT!
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

tofutokwa

lionger

:lol:  :lol: abeg sorry sdanyaro, Nigeria can be a really frustrating place..yet our optimism never dies