News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

On The Couch

Started by *~MuDa~*, December 10, 2006, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fateez

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 23, 2007, 10:51:11 AM
How about some reality TV?
The apprentice, the amazing race, project runway...? anyone into any of these...my favorite competition shows at the moment.

Project Runway is a good one. I think it's one of the best reality shows ever.

I used to be so into sewing sometime ago and watching project runway was

like a wake-up-call. It reminded me how much fun sewing was and how innovative

a person can be. Great show!

Quote from: gogannaka on March 22, 2007, 08:12:51 PM

But i beleive there are some new short lived and interesting series that modern producers make. '24' for instance,'HOUSE', 'CSI' are quite interesting i've heard.

I think HOUSE is the best medical drama ever produced. Definitely my number one

series. The content, characters everything is just so different. Dr. House has the

best dry - sarcastic sense of humour in show biz. I can't even describe it - just watch it.

:)

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Fateez

Back to movies, i saw "Freedom Writers' sometime ago. I give it 4.5 stars

out of 5! Da movie was great and very realistic. It was about racism, very

heavy subject, but it is one of those stimulating self-sacrifice and selfless

movies that would get you thinking. I always wondered why Hilary Swank

won da best actress Oscar twice. I thought she didnt deserve it, but this

movie shows that she might just need one more academy award  8)  8)  8)

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

*~MuDa~*

hum...i got uodated on some movies i was long waiting for. I just saw 300, damn...u guys need to go grab urselves one quick-quick, the movie is perfect, check out the 3D speccial effects and slow motions, those are actually the things that kill me in movies, the movies is it. Gerald Butler was also the perfect ideal character to play king Leonidas or Sparta. The only mistakes was their depictions of the persian army which shows them as monster like creatures...especially the immortals army. I think it shud be the best action movie if only Ghostrider is actually wut people think it is cause i havent seen that one yet.

At last i saw Stomp The Yard, the movie is good, but i was really hoping that it will beat 'You Got Served' but it didnt, it almost, steppin' is good actually, they revolutionalised it in the movie, but i didnt like the fraternity and sorority ideas, its creepy.

I also saw The fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, they tried, the drift thing is very entertaining and breath taking, they messed up the story when one of the character died..Han, i got angry. But still 2Fast 2Furious is still the best The Fast and The Furious movie, Infact the best car racing movie, if u havent seen that one yet u need to go and see it right now.

The last i saw was the Covenant, i knew that movie was a bomb since the first tym i saw it on Box Office, damn, the film is ill. Check out the effects in the movie, and the scene when calebs car get gtrashed with a lorry scatters in pieces and returns immediately to normal. That was really gud.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

*~MuDa~*

I forgot to mention, horror film lovers, watch out for Saw III and Grind House (Quentin Tarantino) is due spring 2007.i cant wait!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Quentin Tarantino is so vulgar, or most of his movies are. KillBill for instance, so so so....yeuk!! and from dusk till dawn saga.....unmentionably bad taste.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Fateez

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on April 29, 2007, 09:29:59 AM

At last i saw Stomp The Yard, the movie is good, but i was really hoping that it will beat 'You Got Served' but it didnt, it almost, steppin' is good actually, they revolutionalised it in the movie, but i didnt like the fraternity and sorority ideas, its creepy.

I also saw The fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, they tried, the drift thing is very entertaining and breath taking, they messed up the story when one of the character died..Han, i got angry. But still 2Fast 2Furious is still the best The Fast and The Furious movie, Infact the best car racing movie, if u havent seen that one yet u need to go and see it right now.

Mudacris, really? I thought Stomp the Yard was so much better than

You got served. It definitely had more story, introduced a new concept

to dance movies and definitely put a whole new perspective to black

movies. You know when poeple watch african american movies they

expect to see druggies and people with no future. Stomp the yard changes

all that doesn't it? It was definitely entertaining.

Tokyo Drift is another one. I think it's only good for people that like

Japanese pop - culture. Strange people like me. I enjoyed the movie,

especially the soundtrack by Teriyaki Boyz (How cliche! Japan - teriyaki?)

But true i thought the movie was good and funny. Plus it's not like all

those boring racing car movies (& games) it introduces a new concept of

drifting. P.S. This is off topic, but have you tried Drifting on Need for Speed

Carbon?? Da hardest thing ever!

bakangizo

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on April 29, 2007, 09:32:04 AM
I forgot to mention, horror film lovers, watch out for Saw III and Grind House (Quentin Tarantino) is due spring 2007.i cant wait!
I don't "love" horror films as such, but I enjoy them. Last year I caught "Jeepers Creepers" on satelite TV and I liked the film very much. That and "Wrong Turn". I would look for Saw 111, per ur recommendation.

IBB

Muda u first me talked about the movie 300. Do u suggest one to watch that movie? I dont think so dont u understand, they are trying to portray God, the persian king is portrayed as God asking people to do sujjud for him and he will forgive them, provide them with all their needs, he's merciful and all that. Did u see the riches n beautiful women given to that treator, wat is that tryin 2 say hurul-khain? the immortals u r talkin about are Angels. even though in the old version of the movie I think is call Spartern cant remember, there are immortals but they are shown as human but really strong thats y they are regard as immortals. The throne cant u see how high, gold plated it is with thousand of gaurds around it.

That movie promotes gay as well. In short that movies is a total Blasphemy
IHS

HUSNAA

Watched Snakes on a Plane....the start was interesting. By the time the snakes began to flood the plane and we are made to realize their intelligence by seeing some of the action thro their eyes, I began to get bored. I mean come on, this is not a horror movie nor is it a movie about black magic or supernatural.
The best bit was when that fat black guy said he'd had 2000 hrs of piloting a plane and it turned out that it was with a digital game simulator!! That was really hilarious.. the best bit in the movie for me.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

Quote from: HUSNAA on May 13, 2007, 05:56:29 PM

The best bit was when that fat black guy said he'd had 2000 hrs of piloting a plane and it turned out that it was with a digital game simulator!! That was really hilarious.. the best bit in the movie for me.

LOL  ;D ;D ;D Heaven here we come....

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

MySeLf

What about some good hausa movies
any one know any?
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

gogannaka

Watch tsartse.One of the best hausa movie i have watched.It's old fa amma but its great.

Na ga ana ta tallan 'sitanda' wai ya ci award.Shin na turanchi ne ko hausa.
Kwanaki na ga BKGZ ya ce har da Ali Nuhu a movie din.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: IBB on May 09, 2007, 09:40:52 AM
Muda u first me talked about the movie 300. Do u suggest one to watch that movie? I dont think so dont u understand, they are trying to portray God, the persian king is portrayed as God asking people to do sujjud for him and he will forgive them, provide them with all their needs, he's merciful and all that. Did u see the riches n beautiful women given to that treator, wat is that tryin 2 say hurul-khain? the immortals u r talkin about are Angels. even though in the old version of the movie I think is call Spartern cant remember, there are immortals but they are shown as human but really strong thats y they are regard as immortals. The throne cant u see how high, gold plated it is with thousand of gaurds around it.

That movie promotes gay as well. In short that movies is a total Blasphemy

No no no IBB u got it all wrong, did u really watched the movie? That is a portrayal of true history of sparta u know, it happened at the batlle of Thermopilae, with 300 soldiers against 10, 000. That is exactly how some persian generals carry themselves...ba ma sai mun je nisa ba, have u forgotten Fir'aun? Ramses II? He did worsed than Xerxes did in sparta, infact Ramses II executed all that failed to recognise his position as whatever.

In this film how ever, the flaw in the movie was how the y depicted the persian army, they kind of gave them monstrous looks and tendencies, whereas persians are humans, they are the present Iranians, however, Iran have banned the viewing and selling of the movie 300 in its lands headed by president Mahmmood Ahmadinejad himself. But they are not trying to portray God, its just history!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Fateez

Quote from: gogannaka on May 15, 2007, 09:52:09 PM
Watch tsartse.One of the best hausa movie i have watched.It's old fa amma but its great.

Yeah sartse was a good one. I still have the soundtrack tape somewhere.

Listened to it so many times it's begging for mercy. Many of those old movies

were good. Maybe it should have a 10th anniversary remake cos now they've

got better visual and sound quality. Wouldn't that be good?

Quote from: Myself on May 14, 2007, 12:20:39 PM
What about some good hausa movies
any one know any?

Has anyone seen Gidauniya?? It's a bit old (about 2-3 yrs ago) but it's so good! Not to

mention funny ;D ;D Definitely a must watch. Then there's Tubali - another old one.

Garwashi, Mashi, Sansani, Khusufi, Gyale, Rawani etc, cant remember most of them.

For the more recent ones - Gara, Buki Budiri, Maliya, Haraba, Harafin So, Fati, Sanafahana.

Speaking about Hausa films, is it true Dan Wanzam and Tsigai died a month ago? Haven't

been in the loop for a while...

*~MuDa~*

Gaskiya am not much into hausa movies sosai, i only forced to watch it if my mother and sister are watching it in the sitting room and i dont have access to the remote control, so i dont know much about it, i have seen wuite a number but the problem is that i dont memorise the names, they are so bulky and have almost the same cast that they confuse me alot.

Wuts the latest in the movie section? Did anyone seen Pathfinder yet? Wut about Grindhouse? I heard its out already!
www.articlesdir.co.cc