News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

On The Couch

Started by *~MuDa~*, December 10, 2006, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakangizo

Quote from: waduz on January 25, 2008, 10:50:17 AM
Keep on watching the western movies, I also do. All I am saying is that you guys should also watch the local movies, especially the Hausa. You see, even Hollywood started from the scratch and became what is today. I believe that it is by patronizing and giving recognition to the up coming talents here, that they can be able to achieve great results, simple. There is always a begining in anything, and the local talents here are just having their "begining." Okay?

Ka tabo magana, mallam. ;D Some of us actually watch them (hausa films), but some here think they stink and are not worth watching. In any case, a lot had been said about (there's a lot of threads opened on the issue) the merits/demerits, 'watchability' and otherwise of Hausa films. So... its an overflogged issue really.

waduz

In zat kes (apologies to goga) cafta klosd! ;D

HUSNAA

Wai an daina Hausa films ne a kano yanzu???
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

*~MuDa~*

There is always a begining in anything, and the local talents here are just having their "begining." Okay?

For how long? 15 years? You know something about the hausa movies, i dont even know where to start, i ca nwrite a bloody book for Kaniwood criticism, bottom line its so generally embarrasing to present such movies to the global audience. Let me start with one basic simple thing: They should improve on their authenticity of the storyline and be much more original, take a look at Nollywood movies, their stories are original, at least you get to see their true culture, it is vividly depicted in the course of their movies, even if a character comes back from america in a plot, they will either make reference of their village or home town somehow in the movie, but in our hausa movies, the case is never so, its only blantant lies that have corrupted the bases of Kaniwood movies, no bases for culture at all, only copying other peoples cultures in our film, i mean common? What impression are we giving the world if our female actors dress like europeans in scenes and the most producers make actors wear indian attires in marriage or dance scenes in the movies? Are we not tarnishing our own images.

Infact am opening a topic on this bloody wood!

...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on January 25, 2008, 07:25:09 PM
Wai an daina Hausa films ne a kano yanzu???

Well...ba ayi but govt has given them green light to continue but under some strict circumstances, which required them, first of all, to come and register. But yet, none of them come as said Mal Rabo, head of the Films Censor Board in his interview with BBC Hausa's Bala Ibrahim during burning of ponorgraphic and other bad films in Kano last week by state govt. 
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Ibro2g

You see, even Hollywood started from the scratch and became what is today......There is always a begining in anything, and the local talents here are just having their "begining." Okay?
No offence intended or Taken Waduz. And I seriously dont want to start an over flogged topic here, but I'm afraid its been too long to mature. Hollywood and bollywood probably started from scratch, Nigeria, we didnt. Holywood started with crappy movies with crapy equipment since before they could transfer voice. But they did the best they could then, in both immitation and originality, they invested in the technology and battled thier governments to get to where they are. I need not remind u the sigificance of Hollywood and Bollywood to thier governments and economies today.

My brother, we got thier technology already, we have intuition and a good head start(dan kwairo, samanja, golobo e.t.c) but we still havent improved from there. Hollywood and bolywood did all the hardwork, most other international cinemas simply pick up from where these ones have arrived, which scratch do we want to goto again? Our All-in-one (no genre or category) movies haven't changed from the times of samanja to today, probably only got more....displeasing.

If u take a movie from the nineties(hollywood and bollywood) and take another today, u will see alot of diferences because they still grow. Kai, take a movie from 2000 and compare it to 2006 movie, wallahi u'll see the difference...they grow. Mu fa? Even the Nigerian films, I'm not so impressed. The day I admit we suck at making movies I slept with a certain form of relief...knowing I was right. I pray someone proves me wrong someday.

Anyways coming back to the subject matter....I just watched the Illusionist, that film is awesome. Anyone who lays eyes on it wont regret it. Made 2006 cant believe it took me 2 years to watch it. Silly me thought its the same as the prestige, lol.
Safety and Peace

kitkat

Unimaginative,unoriginal crappy and very unprofessional.

Our films suck period!!!

HUSNAA

Quote from: Ibro2g on January 27, 2008, 12:01:26 AM
Holywood started with crappy movies with crapy equipment since before they could transfer voice. But they did the best they could then, in both immitation and originality,

TAKE THAT STATEMENT BACK Ibro2g (why not 3g or or 4g... its all the mobile rage now!!   ;D) Hollywood never ever started with crappy movies.. Know why? because there werent any movies that u could make comparisons with and say that those early ones were crappy! Grief! Those were ORIGINALS!!! They were a genre on their own and there can never be other films to match them in originality or sheer exuberance!! What I mean to say is that for the fact that they were the pioneer films and there were no others before them, then they are truly masterpieces! Bayan haka, har yau some of the best cinematic films in terms of artistry, technical genius and story lines or scripts dialogue (whatever) are black and white films of the silent genre or the talking genre. I recommend you go and get one or two silents like harold loyd  or  Charlie Chaplin, or Nosferatu... (thats something I'm telling u there is still no better vampire thriller to beat nosferatu) or Rudolph Valentino's the Sheikh... or Errol Flynn in Captain Blood...hmm yum yummy.. Or Bette Davis's 'All About Eve' or the Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes in the Hounds of the Baskervilles and all the other Sherlock Holmes Series.. or the thriller Gaslight.. and many many more...like the carry on series hehehehe ..carry on nurse, carry on doctor... or what's his name... Norman wisdom.. or God!! Mr Bean is a total BORE!!!!!!!!!! compared to these quintessential British comedians ;D ;D ;D
Things have changed considerably of course but a lot of the times I have found myself watching modern day films and I'm telling you at least 70% of them in toto are not worth the effort of watching..

Ibro2g

lol ok Husnaa I take it back, apparently I misjudged what they were, as I knew it wasn't the best of actors then, they were rivaled by the elite Operas and all, but true to the Operas were not movies. So they must be genuine. Still they imitated the Operas though. For the record I do take it back

I watched perfect stranger by Halle Berrey...cant believe the ending. U guys should watch it too
Safety and Peace

Muhsin

Quote from: kitkat on January 27, 2008, 06:25:18 AM
Unimaginative,unoriginal crappy and very unprofessional.

Our films suck period!!!
:o
But true.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

precious

Saw tallan National Treasure 2 kuma ko 1 dinma ban daba jin shi ba.So i looked for 1 and the no. 2 and watched them.I enjoyed them cos akwai humour a ciki.Even though dai it was all about the Free Masons.I love Nicholas Cage.And his film,The Rock,is one of my favourites.

HUSNAA

har anyi na biyu? national treasure. Nima dai I have never seen either.

Ibro2g

Oh National treasure was nice. I like all grail hunt movies, from the King Arthurs to the Davinci's codes'. I enjoy stories from history even when fictional....I love history. National treasure 2 should be in cinemas now

I watched a classic last night, absolutely hillarious. "Those magnificent men and thier flying machines" I still cant stop laughing. I want to find time to watch the more than 2 and a half hour long American gangsters, by Denzel washington and Russell crowe. Directed by Ridley Scott, director of the Gladiator and Kingdom of heaven. I heard somewhere that sometime back about 2-3 years ago, Denzel was paid millions of dollars NOT to be in the movie. He must have a much bigger deal now then.

May safety and peace be with you all
Safety and Peace

Hafsy_Lady

"The Stepford Wives". Movie I never get tired of. And when you watch a movie over and over and over again, you will find yourself reciting casts lines along with them. ;D

"Death becomes her". makes one start rummaging through their cosmetic dresser or shop shelves looking for beautywellbeing and anti-ageing creams.

"Pretty woman". Cant help wonder as usual how strange men could get, finding love in the wrong places and making it right and it worked :-\

Old movies worth pulling out and watching again. Appeals mostly to the laidies.

Message for Fateez: cant remember where exactly but you were on about wanting to watch this particular movie "Sweeney Todd". I got info on it. I have a young cousin who has a passion for movie and I tell you: very fanatical!! I called her mum for a chat and unfortunately had that little chatterbox and the end of the line answering and of course she begun running her mouth. Uninterestingly, I listened, begining to feel sleepy. And she said: "oh I watched Sweeney Todd too", I got interested because after being bored and irritated of seeing the advert online everyday, I really wanted to know whats the sprung about the movie, you know curios! Suprisingly my little cousin said it was rubbish and a waste of time. ;D Tells the story of early & foggy years of England and all same stories about jack the ripper, dracula, snipers; tales of killing. From what she told me, behind it all, just a silly remake of "sound of music" and only differences are: plot/story line and characters. But if you like Sachan Baron Cohen, then hisinthemovie!!!
Well I have to wait another year before I can get a hold of the movie or resort to grabbing a pirated copy or wait till a DVD copy swings my way. And we talking one or more years before I can give my take on "Sweeney Todd". ;D You might find it interesting, that is, if you get to watch it before me.
What you see is what you get[/b]

Ibro2g

Lucky number slevin Excelente movie du parformancia, story et entertaunmento. Its so nice with Bruce willis and Morgan freeman and.....whats that kids name again......oh well
Safety and Peace