News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Lord have mercy on us!!!!!

Started by alkanawi, February 28, 2007, 08:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alkanawi

55 die in Katsina auto crash
The number of casualties in Monday's auto crash near Dandume in Katsina State has now risen to 55 lives.

The accident, involved a trailer carrying cows and about 150 passengers near Dandume on its way to Lagos.

A total of 30 passengers died on the spot, while some of the injured died later at the General Hospital, Funtua also in Katsina State.

Up to at press time, bodies of two passengers were still trapped under the vehicle, while road marshals from Funtua FRSC unit were struggling to remove them.

Other road marshals were seen at the hospital numbering and putting tags on the bodies.

The District Head of Funtua, Alhaji Idris Sambo, visited the scene of the accident and described it as very pathetic, while praying for the repose of the souls of the deceased.

The champion 28/02/07

This is sad and terrible.It shows the wanton disregard for life by those in authority.Fifty five people at a go and the unspeakable thing is that two bodies are still trapped ,two days after.Wallahi if an accident happened and unfortunately two people died,all the tv channels would be talking about it through out the day and a thorough investigation would commence immediately.
I think it was Umar Bin Abdulazeez who was reported to have said he quakes with fear as to the answer he will give his Lord if a donkey,in far away Syria, slips and dislocates its leg as a result of bad(uneven) pathways.

How could the govt allow people to board vehicles meant for goods
how could they allow the vehicle to overload
how could they allow it on the road without passing the requisite "MOT"
how could they allow animals to be transported in such inhumane? conditions
How could there be no effective and efficient accident & emergency provision
How could our roads be so unmotorable

Kwanan su ne ya kare.May their souls rest in peace,but let us not forget the saying:
"Trust in Allah but tie your camel first"
"corgito ergo sum"

HUSNAA

Not Umar ibn Abdul Azeez. It was Umar ibn AlKattab who said that when he became Khaleef, unless ofcourse Umar ibn al Khattab is ibn Abdul Azeez.
Bayan haka ma wai bayan hatsarin, wani dan BBC yana tambayar wani in authority about the hatsari and wannan mutum in authority said to him something like wai ai wannan (hatsarin) ba wani abu bane. Hatsari kullum yana faruwa. Imagine!! I wanted to cry when I heard that!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Its a very sad story, in this age of advancement
our people still boarding trailers - i always wonder, why?
Definitely it has something to do with economic level of the people.
From Maiduguri to Kano its about N1,000 - N1,200 in a normal bus (Model F)
However, if you want to board the long trucks (trailer) the fare is N150.00 - N200.00
and the time difference is only 3 - 4 hours between the bus and trailer.
I am very sure this is what intoxicates people into boarding the long trucks.

However, as my Boss asserted:

Quote from: alkanawi on February 28, 2007, 08:18:58 AM

The whole blame must shift back to our government.
I dont understand, Alkanawa & Aunty "who is this government we always blame?"

What is the panacea to all these and other terrible things happening to our dear country.
When you talk of ordinary electricity - babu
                                 clean water - babu
                                 Makaranta   - babu
                                 Security      - babu
                                 Asibiti         - babu
Who is to be blame? Government!!!! Nawa o

Haka zamu cigaba da yi?

Quote from: HUSNAA on February 28, 2007, 08:43:10 AM
Imagine!! I wanted to cry when I heard that!!

Please dont cry Aunty, reserve it for some other time  ;D  ;D
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

alkanawi

Not Umar ibn Abdul Azeez. It was Umar ibn AlKattab who said that when he became Khaleef, unless ofcourse Umar ibn al Khattab is ibn Abdul Azeez.

Thanks.Wasn't sure who said that,and no they are not the same person.

Quote from: Dan-Borno on February 28, 2007, 09:03:28 AM
However, as my Boss asserted:

Tuba na ke

Quote from: Dan-Borno on February 28, 2007, 09:03:28 AM
The whole blame must shift back to our government.
I dont understand, Alkanawa & Aunty "who is this government we always blame?"

Who is to be blame? Government!!!! Nawa o

Ulool lamri/Majibintar al'amuranmu/Those in authority(charismatic,legal,or traditional)over our affairs.
"corgito ergo sum"

MySeLf

Quote from: alkanawi on February 28, 2007, 08:18:58 AM
55 die in Katsina auto crash

how could they allow it on the road without passing the requisite "MOT"
how could they allow animals to be transported in such inhumane? conditions
How could there be no effective and efficient accident & emergency provision
How could our roads be so unmotorable

Ka manta halin mutanenmu ne? they obey no law
Wallahi what ever they govt will do or say they will not listen.
They all the time keep jeopardizing their lives in the name Allah

Toh me rai baiji dashiba, yamai neman kudi zaice a'a.

To sort out such problem, these responsible have to really dig down right to the root end.
Good policing that will ensure everyone obey law will be a good start,
then all that u mentioned will sort into place.
Nigeria really have a long way to go....... May god save us kawai.
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

HUSNAA

Quote from: Myself on February 28, 2007, 01:09:06 PM

Ka manta halin mutanenmu ne? they obey no law

They only obey the law of self preservation. In ka taho na taho from the opposite sides of the same lane, zamu kara wa juna. Shi yasa we  obey the right hand driving rule otherwise ko wannan ma will be thrown out of the car window.

gogannaka

Bayan haka ma wai bayan hatsarin, wani dan BBC yana tambayar wani in authority about the hatsari and wannan mutum in authority said to him something like wai ai wannan (hatsarin) ba wani abu bane. Hatsari kullum yana faruwa. Imagine!! I wanted to cry when I heard that!!

Imagine,and it was the road safety sector commander
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

To kaji a she kai ma kaji BBC din rannan. Takaici baya karewa!!!

NewEte

Well, we shouldn't be surprised anymore by events that unfold in Nigeria. It has become a totally lawless and disorganized society.  When some of us point out the ills in Nigeria, there are those who are offended and accuse of sitting 'over there' and criticising as if I don't go to Nigeria every year and witness the craziness myself. We can debate road safety from now till we turn blue, but until both the leaders and followers begin to listen to sound ideas on community improvement and become serious in looking for ways to fix these recurring problems, nothing will change, and unfortunately, more tragic events like this will continue.  Was this avoidable? Of course.
It is totally shameful for a country with so much wealth and promise to subject its citizens to so much neck breaking hardship. The simplest things become so complex in Nigeria, yet many people live in denial insisting that 'things are really improving O".

Why in this World does anybody transport people or even animals in 18 wheelers? Is that even normal? That means that the practice is more or less a regular transportation mode. Of course this can happen in a society where laws mean nothing and where enforcement is unheard of.  But then again, aside from reckless conduct vehicle operators, the roads conditions are terrible which heightens the danger for commuters.

I recall a time I was travelling by road on a freeway, and there were cows crossing the damn road, and causing a nasty traffic build up. Some things just get old eventually. Why on earth do people herd cows within city limits? Cows should be kept on fenced farms. They should graze on open fields on farms with a water source so they can drink. The idea of herding livestock from one state to another or from place to another is simply non existent anymore, and people need to start evolving with the times and doing things differently. This sentiment applies to everyone in Nigeria.

Personally, I think the entire public trasportation system in Lagos for instance should be scrapped. All those junk they call buses, Molue, etc should be taken off the road and destroyed in a junkyard. That exactly what those things are, Junk.  What is even more puzzling to me sometimes is that with all the so called Engineers we brag of in that country, not one or a few can team up and redesign a city transportation vehicle that is comfortable, clean, convenient, safe, decent, airconditioned, and customized to suit the communiting needs of people? What does it really take to be a little innovative like that?

Nigeria is not ready . It is an unserious place, and I feel that before anything changes for the better, that country will sink very low first. It will have to go through a very violent and bloodshedding period phase before it re-emerges and begins to find itself. I say this because in order to take back the country from the hands of the forces that keep it where it is today, will require lots of sacrifice. There is no way around this.

Dave McEwan Hill

HUSNAA

Quote from: NewEte on March 01, 2007, 04:41:23 PM

It will have to go through a very violent and bloodshedding period phase before it re-emerges and begins to find itself. I say this because in order to take back the country from the hands of the forces that keep it where it is today, will require lots of sacrifice.

Grief!! That's what my dad used to say in his days of youth and virile strength. Luckily for us he is more a pacifist than a warrior. Luckilyy for us now, Ete is more out of Nig than in Nig!!!! ;D. There are others who share the same view tho I'm sure! I for one, but I take after dad..... ;D

Muhsin

Ete, are you talking of revolution as Iran, others did to be done also here in Nigeria? I don't actually understand you meaning of deploying sacrifice.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

NewEte

Muhsin yes, you can refer to it as a revolution. The bottomline is that if you want social, political, and economic change, people need to come to terms about what needs to be done.  Look at history, every nation that has freed itself from the clutches of self oppression did so through revolution in thought, ideas, and action. Nigerians need to be on the same page regarding change if there is to be a chance at all in achieving that.  Unfortunately, the country is way too fragmented along ethnic and religious lines to the point that even though every corner of the nation feels the same pain, there is however an inability to come together as a common front to fight the forces responsible for their collective suffering.

There are way too many small 'wars' going on in Nigeria and these are serious distractions to what could have been a united effort in staging a nationwide revolution. This is why when the so called leaders dish out more suffering and abuse, rather than stand up and fight, people simply accept it and find ways to adjust.

So yes, if anything is to change at all, it will involve taking back the country from those forces that create the situation we are currently forced to deal with. Will they leave quietly? Hell no! They have really sunk their claws into the economic and political machinery that drives the country. To get rid of these people or forces, they must be confronted, they must be held accountable, and in many cases, they must be obliterated. At the same time, this kind of confrontation will involve deadly encounters because these forces will not leave peacefully or respectfully. They must be forced out no matter what. This is where human sacrifices becomes inevitable. Many people will die as a result of this purge. This is what it will take for the country to free itself. It won't be pretty, and it wouldn't be nice, but true freedom and control of one's destiny isn't cheap.

The question is, do Nigerians have the stomach to take back their country?  Are they ready to rid themselves of oppressive forces that put their lives and future in jeopardy. Think about it, theses powers that be have demonstrated over and over that they could careless about the average man, woman, and child. They are not shy either of taking out any potential or percieved threat to their position. We've already seen this in recent political assasinations, intimidations, and manipulations nationwide.

If we think for once, that Nigeria will get better from elections or through the so called democratic process, then we are in for a long dream and are deceiving ourselves.

Dave McEwan Hill

The question everyNigerian would have to ask of themselves is " Will I support whatever action that is necessary to have this country cleared of those who are responsible for corruption and theft that is detroying the nation's future"  OR " If I had an opportunity to get my hands onto some of the loot would I be just as corrupt as the others"

How many would be confident of a good answer to that question?