News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Katsina to ban women on motorcycles

Started by Muhsin, August 31, 2007, 11:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Daily Trust Newspaper, Friday 31, August, 2007

Women in Katsina state may in no time get an alternative transportation system as the state is planning to ban them from plying on commercial motorcycles popularly referred to as Achaba.

The State House of Assembly is working towards banning motorcyclists from carrying women.

Daily Trust reports that the ban is already effective in some northern states, following the introduction of the Shariah system.

The ban which is prompted by a visit to the Assembly by the chapter Chairman of the Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs Sheikh Yakubu Musa Hassan, was however subject to the provision of alternative means of transportation by the State Government.

The sponsor of the motion and member representing Kurfi Local Government Area in the Assembly Danlami Mohammed Kurfi said it's improper and contrary to the religious norms and tradition of the state for women to be transported by men on commercial motorcycles.

He said: 'Most married women, especially the pregnant ones were forced to hire this motorcycle to the Hospital, Market and other Public Places with the high risk of being thrown out on the road or get involve in accident.'

Mr. Danlami Kurfi said there was the need for the 2008 budget to make provision for

Town Service Vehicles to cater for the transportation of women especially in the seven major Towns of :Katsina, Funtua, Daura, Malumfashi, Dutsin-ma, Kankia and Mani.

In a contribution the member representing Safana Local Government Mr. Ahmed Dayyabu suggested that the 34 local governments should be encouraged to enhance their transport system by purchasing at least 10 vehicles each.

Daily Trust gathered that the State Assembly has resolve to refer the matter to the House Committee on transportation for action and report back to the committee of the whole house in two weeks.

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

amira

Well thats good because them motor bikes are really dangerous you always hear some sort of accident has happened with someone. i remember going on one for the first time and was trying to get the seat so i told the man to kwantar dashi cos i couldn't climb on and there's that salansa thing so i was in abit of a dilemma ;D ;D its not everyday you get on a motor cycle
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Mufi

Lol!! Amira, i remember the first and last time i rode on a motorcycles it was the scariest thing i ever did, i hold on to the driver so tight that i remember him saying to be gentle that was how scared i got ;D, i vow to never get on one again. Back to the topic i think in my opinion that is a good ruling to ban motorcyclists fom having women as passengers based on safety and islamic laws.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

amira

Mufi

Oh! Amira, its just something about motorcycles having two wheels, but for some unknown reason i can get on a bicycle and i don't get scared at all.

amira

Well Mufi could it be that bicycles are more easier to control,smaller and have a finer framework then them big boys motorcyles (nanfang).

Mufi

I believe so, u know i rather walk than ride a motorcycle.

amira

amira

Allah sa su samu motoci masu mutunci, ba irin wa'anda aka debe ma karama ba har zama ya gagare ka.
Seriously i dont understand why the cars get worn out so quickly i mean the ppl only sit down and another thing, One time i must have wen inside them cars they call taxis the man was using a stick thing to use as the gear thing, i was thinking to ga mutuwar mu tazo, :o also the doors dont even close properly or they are hard to open all the metal bits are visible like who's been eating the cushny bits ???

It so needs to be fixed.

hafsee

Quote from: amira on September 06, 2007, 07:37:45 PM
Allah sa su samu motoci masu mutunci, ba irin wa'anda aka debe ma karama ba har zama ya gagare ka.
Seriously i dont understand why the cars get worn out so quickly i mean the ppl only sit down and another thing, One time i must have wen inside them cars they call taxis the man was using a stick thing to use as the gear thing, i was thinking to ga mutuwar mu tazo, :o also the doors dont even close properly or they are hard to open all the metal bits are visible like who's been eating the cushny bits ???

It so needs to be fixed.

lol wow but ur rıght ıs funny how the busses and the cars get so old quıck ı guess ıs wıther lack of maıntanance or over use. any how na naıja how 4 do.
wat ever u do good or bad comes back to you

Bee

Salam.
      Before the ban is being fully imposed,the government should make sure that other means of transportation are available so women could make use of and i hope it is not an empty promise.Women have a lot to contribute to the sociaty.They got to help themselves even if it is by going to the market to buy food stuff for the family.They got to go out of the house in most cases to make ends meet.
      It is going to be a big slap on the face if the ban is imposed with no other alternative.Let us consider those women who are less fortunate to have a car or husbands who even have a motocycle to carry her about.They got to move themselves about somehow and the cheapest and easiest means of transportation is the motorbike.Let us feel for those women that will soon have to make use of their legs on long distances(i do not see how at least 10 cars can help solve the problem.come on guys,who are we kidding).Let us pray that the govenment means what it said and not another empty promise.Let the govnment provide an alternative before inmposing the ban otherwise....
Born To Bee Great

Mufi

Bee

Salam.
       One of my parents is from katsina and the other from kaduna.I hardly claim one state without the other.Id say i am from kaduna/katsina(if that makes sence)   ;).cheers!
Born To Bee Great

Mufi

Allah sarki, I think most ppl can say that. Both of my parents r from KT, but i was born and raised in KD.

Muhsin

My father is from KT too, Mumcee but I never claim myself as Bakatsine but Bakane becuase that's where I was born, brought-up and have been schooling. I think am right. Though I still sometimes feel interested in their affairs due to the fact I have family and lately a maternal sister there.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.