News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

IS THIS THE DEMOCRACY?

Started by Dan-Borno, November 20, 2007, 01:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

By NASIRU MUHAMMAD
FOLLOWING last Saturday's local government election in Kano state, about 254 persons have been arrested across the 44 local government areas of the state, state commissioner of police, Alhaji Muhammad Aminu Yesufu, has disclosed.
The commissioner who made the declaration yesterday at a press conference with newsmen, said those arrested were involved in one serious crime or another, such as arson, killing and so on.
He said the police have equally recorded six deaths two at Bichi, one at Dawakin Kudu, one at Sumaila and two at Bagwai.
Alhaji Yesufu assured that on their part, they will continue to do all that is humanly possible to see that there is no further loss of lives or unwanted destruction of government property.
He said all those being arrested are currently being detained, stating that as soon as the police is ready with charges against them they will be taken to court to answer such charges.
The commissioner said the police did their best to curtail some of these crises, stating that the problem have erupted because elections did not hold in some of these local governments in the last four years.
He said the election started on a peaceful note, but there was a dramatic turn of events due to some matters that are in-expli-cable for now.
The commissioner said those arrested cut across all the parties, and could not be able to identify their parties because they were not carrying any tag.
Alhaji Yesufu added that, the police have also recovered large number of ammunition, such as a pistol, revolver, cutlasses, two dane guns, locally made guns and some were equally arrested with jerricans of petrol when they were trying to set some government places on fire.
He explained that he had met with some members of the PDP in the state who aired some grievances to him, but that he had advised them to seek redress at the court of law if they feel aggrieved.
"Once you think you have lost election unjustly and you think you have been cheated during election, you have that ample opportunity to seek redress in a court of law.
"Infact chief Ladoja was illegally sent out of office, but was re-instated to continue until he finished his term.
"I think we should have that confidence instead of resulting to self help," the commissioner said.
that dont play the game as it is?

Another option that came into my mind is to agree with the
radical view of most of our Islamic Preachers that the whole
system known as democracy is unislamic and can never
yield a positive result.  This nobody can deny from the
output we have been receiving from our political office
holders since their assumption into office.

I am left confused and worried about my mother land and
the innocent malam at his village who government couldnt
even encourage by providing him enough working tool for
his only profession - farming.

This is the democracy we have been yearning for, it came
with all sorts of atrocities.  The number of drug addicts have
progressively appreciated, government no longer curtail the
activities of BAD BOYS, for the BAD BOYS are good boys
during the political manuevering.

I never blamed Haruna Aliyu Ningi, former PDP supporter and
musician while narrating in his "Shegiyar Uwa" song":

SHEKARU BAKWAI MUNYI A KARKASHINKI
HAR ZUWA TAKWAS ZA AYI KARKASHINKI
MUNGA JA'IBA MUNGA TA'ANNAKINKI
AI KO DA BINDIGA BAN KUMA BINKI TUN DA MUN FARGA.

To me Haruna is not only referring to PDP but democracy
in its entirety.

What about those who lost their lives protecting democracy?
To me, they lost a precious thing Allah put in their custody
and He, on that day will ask them "BI AYYI ZANBIN KUTILAT".
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Bayya

Quote from: Dan-Borno on November 20, 2007, 01:46:19 PM

Abin dai na da ban tsoro. Sai dai dua'i kawai.

Nafada kuma zan kara fada:

Nigeria is not ripe for democracy.
Some dreams do come true

Lawwali

By NASIRU MUHAMMAD
FOLLOWING last Saturday's local government election in Kano state, about 254 persons have been arrested across the 44 local government areas of the state, state commissioner of police, Alhaji Muhammad Aminu Yesufu, has disclosed.
The commissioner who made the declaration yesterday at a press conference with newsmen, said those arrested were involved in one serious crime or another, such as arson, killing and so on.
He said the police have equally recorded six deaths two at Bichi, one at Dawakin Kudu, one at Sumaila and two at Bagwai.
Alhaji Yesufu assured that on their part, they will continue to do all that is humanly possible to see that there is no further loss of lives or unwanted destruction of government property.
He said all those being arrested are currently being detained, stating that as soon as the police is ready with charges against them they will be taken to court to answer such charges.
The commissioner said the police did their best to curtail some of these crises, stating that the problem have erupted because elections did not hold in some of these local governments in the last four years.
He said the election started on a peaceful note, but there was a dramatic turn of events due to some matters that are in-expli-cable for now.
The commissioner said those arrested cut across all the parties, and could not be able to identify their parties because they were not carrying any tag.
Alhaji Yesufu added that, the police have also recovered large number of ammunition, such as a pistol, revolver, cutlasses, two dane guns, locally made guns and some were equally arrested with jerricans of petrol when they were trying to set some government places on fire.
He explained that he had met with some members of the PDP in the state who aired some grievances to him, but that he had advised them to seek redress at the court of law if they feel aggrieved.
"Once you think you have lost election unjustly and you think you have been cheated during election, you have that ample opportunity to seek redress in a court of law.
"Infact chief Ladoja was illegally sent out of office, but was re-instated to continue until he finished his term.
"I think we should have that confidence instead of resulting to self help," the commissioner said.
that dont play the game as it is?

Another option that came into my mind is to agree with the
radical view of most of our Islamic Preachers that the whole
system known as democracy is unislamic and can never
yield a positive result.  This nobody can deny from the
output we have been receiving from our political office
holders since their assumption into office.

I am left confused and worried about my mother land and
the innocent malam at his village who government couldnt
even encourage by providing him enough working tool for
his only profession - farming.

I never blamed Haruna Aliyu Ningi, former PDP supporter and
musician while narrating in his "Shegiyar Uwa" song":

SHEKARU BAKWAI MUNYI A KARKASHINKI
HAR ZUWA TAKWAS ZA AYI KARKASHINKI
MUNGA JA'IBA MUNGA TA'ANNAKINKI
AI KO DA BINDIGA BAN KUMA BINKI TUN DA MUN FARGA.

To me Haruna is not only referring to PDP but democracy
in its entirety.

HODIJAN!!!!!!!!!!
That is why i did not and will not believe in any system called democracy. How ca democrats justify killings like this? this is i believe a democracy at work. killing, maiming, descrediting & dis owning one another. It is time our people understands the dangers of democracy.
ALLAH YA SA MU GANE. :'(
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

HUSNAA

To ai ga irin abin da ake fada kenan, with election malpractices and riggings when it is condoned at the highest level. Ina     so in janyo hankalin  Kam Bornoye yaga sakamakon condoning the illegitimacy of 'Yar adua's incumbency.

The killings or arson attack at least a Gwale LG started when there was an unofficial announcement of a winner on the radio, while the votes were still being tallied. This is exactly what happened lokacin da aka ce wai 'yar adua ya ci zaben prezidency. Ba a gama kawo results ba from all sections of Nigeria and he was summarily declared the winner. Abin da ya faru ne at the highest level, shine na kasa su ka gani su ka kwaikwaya tunda ba wanda yace uffan a sama din kuma a ka zauna akan haka din. Kuma har ana bi ana so wanda a ka danne ma hakkin nasu su hakura ta karfi da yaji.

To ga irin ta nan. Da ace na sama sun  bi ka'ida tun da ga farko, ai suma na kasa da ka idar za su aiwatar yanzu.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Husnaa! Husnaa!! Husnaa!!! Husnaa!!!!
I though we are through with that issue,
ai wannan sabon topic ne, we cant relate
it da wancan na tsohon janar din.

However, its all the dividend of same system,
and kamar yadda muke ta ikirari tare da
lawwali, this system doesnt belong to us
the earlier we understand the better.

Imagine this democracy, one Alhaji Garba Alheri's
fingers were chopped off by thugs during
the fight. He was rushed to hospital in pool
of his blood. The man came just to cast
his vote but unfortunately has his fingers cut.
This is what we are talking about, violence
caused by democracy(zy)

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

To ai all this mayhem is also a result of mistrust of each other by  affected parties. So much corruption going on so that in da ma akayi gaskiyar u cant believe anyi because the conventional wisdom of nigerian electoral voting is that one can never be elected through honest means. Shiyasa. Kuma duk PDP ce ummul abaisar abin da ke faruwa. Ita tai refining rigging to a new level of intricacy. So ppl feel the only way to fight back is physically. I dont condone the violence but tushen sa, PDP shenanigans.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Quotin Haruna Aliyu

Chorus
Shegiyar uwa mai kashe yayanta PDP
Yan Kasanmu ba mai dada binta tunda mun farga

Yan gidan Wadata sun gallabe mu
                  Yan kasarmu har mun fita hayyacinmu
Addu'ar mu duk wanda ya yaudaremu
                  Mai samaniya kai masa faduwar zubar danga

Tsmagiya

The wild oats sown by the leaders that reintrodced democracy to us is what we are reaping abundantly. They redefined Leadership to mean abundant self-service. Fancy a leader that have been public servant throughout his working life grudgingly retiring to a mansion as large as the state house with all the paraphernalia of the state house, And tons of lucre to dish out. And nobody raised a highbrow. Why then shouldn't seeking leadership be a thing of life and death, ala OBJ? Get elected today and you are a millionaire tomorrow! Until the voters change their attitude of just watching the voted live flamboyant life while they live from hand to mouth, things can only get worse. Allah ya kiyaye.

Dan-Borno

You are warmly welcomed to this forum tsmagiya, and you
have made a very good observation of our system.

Lawwali

Again, this democracy issue have not yielded anything humanly. Even the Americans have not been enjoying it; the fear generated by their war on terrorism which is aimed at proliferating democracy world over. Britain has recently started getting its share of the attacks for its unfliching support for democracy. A cusory looks on democratic states will tells u how bad is the democratic system of governance. :'(
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

manasmusa

Quote from: Bayya on November 20, 2007, 03:05:13 PM

with all sorts of atrocities. 

Lawwali dont worry, they are always saying it is still nascent democracy.

Ko baka yarda bane?
Such is Allah your Rabb, His is the creation and...

hafiz amin umar

From d begining nigerians were yearnig and crying for the aspiration of democracy,now we have this democracy,but is it a genuene democracy?
  African leaders are always decieving us wiz their satanic style of leadership,calling our democracy a nascent democracy.for nigeria to evolve credible and sustainable democracy that will be a thing for an envy for all,but politicians must come to equity with clean-hands.

amira

Hafiz ai yanzu masu clean hands a cikin politicians kwarori ne, the majority sun zo kawai su kwashi abinda zasu kwasa suyi gaba (In ana ta kai ba'a ta kaya).
Wallahi abin nigeria ko.................
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Dan-Borno

hafiz amin umar

Danuwa tayani tambaya.its our democracy,tuwo na maina.amman ban san inda kika dosa ba.amira?