News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

7.1 MILLION FOR A NUMBER PLATE

Started by Konan, February 19, 2008, 11:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konan

I know its ridiculous.

I read in the newspaper the metro BEST NEWSPAPER EVER (coz its free lol) that this Abu Dhabi business man paid 7.1 million pounds for a number plate with jus the number 1. When I read that I thought it was such a waste of money and with all that money so much more could've been done. if it was an auction for charity I wud understand but it wasnt.

HUSNAA

Lol LM why did u remove ur beautiful face? (avatar)

yes. These rich men.. he aint the only one. happens all over the world. signs of Qiyama. Besides he really didnt earn the money.. if he did, it would have been painful to part with it for such a whim..
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

I think he earns the money himself, Husnaa. What could likely lead him to do such a things is simply extravagance and moreover to be mentioned in places like here, newspaper, magazines and the likes. What a waste! :o
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Quote from: Muhsin on February 20, 2008, 02:31:40 PM
I think he earns the money himself, Husnaa. What could likely lead him to do such a things is simply extravagance and moreover to be mentioned in places like here, newspaper, magazines and the likes. What a waste! :o
muhsin, Bill Gates was once the richest man in the world and he is at the moment the 4th richest.. have u ever heard him use his money wastefully? he can afford to buy 100 such number plates if he wanted. YET he doesnt, because yasan zafin nema. He made his money the back breaking way or the brain breaking way... so u c ya san darajar kudi.  Duk wanda bai san darajar kudi shi ke almubazzaranci da shi, kuma baya sanin darajar kudin saboda samun su yake yi a bagas.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Good points, Husnaa. But I still thinks he gets the money ta wahala because money are never earned while sleeping or doing something lazily. Kin manta there guys from Arabs country and expecially his have fuel bajaja and thus kudi ba matsalar su bace?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

what are u saying ne muhsin? your aunty is trying to
put u on track, amma it seems kaima yanzu ba dama.

he really didnt earn the money.. if he did,
it would have been painful to part with it for such a whim..

the above highlighted words will convince you of
what your aunty is saying, especially when it is
confirmed that the guy is from Abu Dhabi and possible
your brothers from the oil rich arab states.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Ibro2g

This is Ridiculous, what kinda people are these? There is no sin or anything obligatory, but if u ask me. Thats a terrible man. shheesh
Safety and Peace

Muhsin

DB,

Mind your language because you sound just like rubbing salt on an injury above. I just expressed my thoughts and why shouldn't I? Think I have such rights here, haven't I? Kada ka hada ni da Husnaa... ::)

Bee

I read that in metro some days ago.Ni haushi ma ya kama ni so i did not even read it all.Dama kuma gashi yunwa ya dame at the time and was no where close to where i can get something to eat.i was on my way to work to earn some money while ga wani can he has more than enough that he even buys himself an expensive number plate(number 1) because he says it is speacial.chaiii! Allah ya hada kowa da rabon sa.
Born To Bee Great

Dan-Borno

Quote from: Muhsin on February 21, 2008, 11:04:42 AM
DB,

Mind your language because you sound just like rubbing salt on an injury above. I just expressed my thoughts and why shouldn't I? Think I have such rights here, haven't I? Kada ka hada ni da Husnaa... ::)

Tube nake yaron aunty, who am i na hadaku da
auntynka, ai dama a hade kuke.  i was only trying
to put you on track and reconcile both of your
statements.  I wont do that again, dont report
me to GGNK plz.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Hafsy_Lady

Quote from: Ibro2g on February 20, 2008, 10:46:41 PM
This is Ridiculous, what kinda people are these? There is no sin or anything obligatory, but if u ask me. Thats a terrible man. shheesh

Well said Ibro! Wallahi things like this really get on my nerves and make me wonder what the world is turning into. the way he spent or should i say wasted that huge amount of money is just terrifying and heartless. Considering the amount of poverty, morbidity and mortality there is around the world. Imagine how many lives he could have helped with that money. Sometimes i don't blame armed robbers because this is what agitates and motivates them into their acts. Why? Because they see the rich spending their money on unworthy things whilst they suffer the consequences.

I would presume that man has no heart or family to look after leading him to waste that money. Allah ya kare kawai.

What you see is what you get[/b]

Muhsin

Quote from: Dan-Borno on February 21, 2008, 08:44:21 PM
Tube nake yaron aunty, who am i na hadaku da
auntynka, ai dama a hade kuke.  i was only trying
to put you on track and reconcile both of your
statements.  I wont do that again, dont report
me to GGNK plz.

I wish you were just joking because I feel something a bit...don't wanna even say it.  ;D :D

Konan

well the abu dhabi guy actually comes from a rich family he's 25 yrs old and his family made dem fortune from the property business its such a shame wot a waste of money

Konan

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=99594&in_page_id=34 u guys can read the article for urself and the pic of the number plate is on der it sooooooooooo ugly

Konan