News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

TO OUR SISTERS IN UNIVERSITIES

Started by MUSTAFA GWARZO, February 20, 2008, 12:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUSTAFA GWARZO

I really advising U to start dressing decently as how its accordingly. Couse i think its what surely,confirmly will made others to respect you and finally will link and connect you to JANNAT AL-FIRDAUS OR ANNAEEM .
ALLAHU yasa mu dace baki daya. ameeeeeeen...

Bee

Wai shin mutane,dont you get tired of complaining about things women do? There seems to be little or no mistakes men do.Dressing? I think it is about time we focuse on more pressing issues than what women put on.No matter how much you point out how bad women dress,it is not as if it is gonna change anything.That should be their cup of tea not anybody's.They have not done anything against you.what they are doing is simply between them and Allah.He told us to cover up,for good reasons,the best of reasons but if anyone chooses to go against what Allah wants,then so be it.What you should do is simply look away if it bothers you.Shikenan.
Born To Bee Great

Muhsin

Oh...dear Ms Bee, calm down and let our newbie express his thoughts and the likes. LOL ;D You had me even surprised by your keen concern on what he says...just...understand mana.

I always like one saying written on one of our university dress code billboards. It says; the way you dress tells more about you
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

abeeda

salam
well I think this is a topic that should always be discussed till things improve, yes its btw them and God but they do irritate alot of ppl and cause lots of probs, indecent dressing must stop dats why even in the quran there is more emphasis on women to cover up

Dan-Borno

i wanted to post a coment before now, however seeing
bee's reaction discouraged me from saying a word, as it
appears to bee that this case is all about men vs women.
women's dressing is a very serious issue that shouldnt be
overlooked just like that, infact, the woman's dress code
was specially revealed in the Holy Qur'an, so it must be
given its utmost attention it deserves.

women should dress modestly.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

EMTL

Quote from: abeeda on March 23, 2008, 03:04:57 PM
salam
well I think this is a topic that should always be discussed till things improve, yes its btw them and God but they do irritate alot of ppl and cause lots of probs, indecent dressing must stop dats why even in the quran there is more emphasis on women to cover up

Assalamu alaikum,
Allah (SWT) ya maka/ki Albarka. Let all of us try and change and adhere to the Sunnah in whatever we do- and ofcourse admonish one another- Allah (SWT) Ya shirye me baki daya-amiyn.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

mlbash

Quote from: Bee on February 20, 2008, 10:01:21 PM
Wai shin mutane,dont you get tired of complaining about things women do? There seems to be little or no mistakes men do.Dressing? I think it is about time we focuse on more pressing issues than what women put on.No matter how much you point out how bad women dress,it is not as if it is gonna change anything.That should be their cup of tea not anybody's.They have not done anything against you.what they are doing is simply between them and Allah.He told us to cover up,for good reasons,the best of reasons but if anyone chooses to go against what Allah wants,then so be it.What you should do is simply look away if it bothers you.Shikenan.

[/quote
My dear sister in Islam, don't ever take side against ALLAH (SWT) taking side against Him here refers to when good thing that's encourage in Islam is mentioned and you felt you are not really comfortable with it, then you go against it! what you should do is try and embrace the truth, if you can't then don't discourage others or say anything in contrast. this way you save yourself from pronoucing something that might be detrimentory to your Iman. thanks.
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Bee

Salam,
I posted a very hot reply to that statement up there saying i am taking sides against my own God.Auzubillah.I went to bed and after some time,i was able to calm down so came back and deleted it.I do not think there is need for me to even reply to that unforgiving statement however,ill say this,you do not know me dear brother in islam, do not say things you do not know of i beg of you.If you misunderstood what i ment or why i said it,then you should have demanded for an explanation rather than jumping into annoying conclutions and if what i posted is indeed what you thought i ment,then that is when you and every other muslim will offer good explanations and proper help (amma fa without that silly statement because i really did get upset about it) and if it is nothing of what you thought,then an karu da juna kenan if i explain more.Islamically,that is not the way things work.
Born To Bee Great

Muhsin

I'm lost, Bee. I don't actually undertstand what reply that you had made you were refering to, so I could say some soothing words at least. Though, its not nessacery that I must say but think I should. Be more patient.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

no matter how i tried, i cant exenorate myself from the
present fracas caused by misunderstanding Bee's post
by myself and my humble Bash.

Madam Bee, lets agree we misunderstood your statement,
i think your fault can be attributed to not expantiating and
putting it in a simple language that wont give room for
any bad interpretation or misconceiving.

For me, this is how i read your statement:-

Dressing? I think it is about time we focuse on
more pressing issues than what
women put on. No matter how much you point
out how bad women dress, it is not as if it is
gonna change anything.That should
be their cup of tea not anybody's.

and the last words sound more terrible than the first
one:-

........... but if anyone chooses to go against what Allah
wants, then so be it. What you should do
is simply look away if it bothers you.Shikenan.

the above highlighted word is a word of approval, except
if you dont know the implication, which we were trying to
draw your attention to it - fairly.

It is part of Islamic principle that brothers and sisters
MUST admonish righteousness and shun evil in what ever
way possible, so for us to keep mute concerning the islamic
dressing code could amount to disobeying the Holy Prophet's
directives of adjoining one to do good and preventing one
from doing evil with our hands, mouth, pen etc.

Hajiya Bee, calm down, but its good to argue your points
if you have, that is the essence of the forum - sharing knowledge.

@ Muhsin, kai kuma next time you should read the post very
well before replying, that is why I think you are lost, because
you were in a hurry to read Bee's post.

I advise you re-read her post very well, i am sure you will come
back to light.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

mlbash

Dan Borno has said it all. just be mindful of your utterances my dear lady Bee, no hard feelings.
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable